Today I received my Key2 which I was excitedly waiting for.
    After unboxing, I quickly checked the spacebar and to my horror come true, the spacebar different click is really annoying! I just cannt imagine to live with it through out.

Coming from Passport, this concern definitely reflects build quality issue. Wish it was atleast lookwise as premium as Passport!

Posted via CB10
    SuperFister likes this.
    10-02-18 11:10 AM
    Today I received my Key2 which I was excitedly waiting for.
    After unboxing, I quickly checked the spacebar and to my horror come true, the spacebar different click is really annoying! I just cannt imagine to live with it through out.

Coming from Passport, this concern definitely reflects build quality issue. Wish it was atleast lookwise as premium as Passport!

Posted via CB10
    The question is....is it a hardware issue or was it intentional? There are many examples of spacebars on different keyboards that have an intentionally designed click that is different than the rest of the keys. Even the iPhone VKB has a different sound. Non-issue in my book.
    nst6ldr likes this.
    10-02-18 11:21 AM
    Non-issue in my book.
    Yep. And as expected, in my case, it's less loud than the day I bought it after use.
    jcrutchvt2010 and hamilgs like this.
    10-02-18 11:24 AM
    Different click sound doesn’t bother me but keyboard is too sensitive for me. Passport keyboard was perfect.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-02-18 11:25 AM
    Yep. And as expected, in my case, it's less loud than the day I bought it after use.
    Same here. All keys are super smooth.
    10-02-18 11:27 AM
    I was one of the first to get a Key2 in UK
    My Spacebar was very solid , but did have a different click ...months later ..you can't tell the difference now

Go with it ...brilliant phone
    OMGitsRLR-1 and Tech Idiot like this.
    10-02-18 11:28 AM
    Thanks guys for your responses and advises.
    I definitely wish to keep and hope different click doesn't annoy much and will subside eventually!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-18 11:47 AM
    Recvieved mine today as well. Spacebar is different feeling. Doesn't bother me though. I think it has to do with the fingerprint sensor underneath. I'm fine with it.
    10-02-18 12:35 PM
    I was one of the first to get a Key2 in UK
    My Spacebar was very solid , but did have a different click ...months later ..you can't tell the difference now

Go with it ...brilliant phone
    Yep, it's a bit unnerving at first - but after a while you won't notice it - honestly!
    10-02-18 02:04 PM
    The spacebar sounding different than the rest of the keys (at least when new) is by design, however a loose/wobbly spacebar isn't and should be exchanged.

Glad to hear the noise settles in after months of use.
    10-03-18 02:58 AM
    The spacebar is definitely an issue.
    Because the click on the left side is different than the other side
    The left side click is bit close to other buttons, but the right side click of spacebar is very different and also fingerscan setup doesn't recognise the touch on right side.
    Don't know if rest all having this issue?

Apart from spacebar, this is an amazing phone.
    I miss working wide of Passport though! In passport I never felt that keyboard is coming in way due to wide screen, but in key2 I do get a feeling that keyboard is taking up screen estate

Performance is amazing, I thought I won't like android, but thanks to Shortcut which makes usage enjoyable experience.

Posted via CB10
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-03-18 04:45 AM
    Yep, it's a bit unnerving at first - but after a while you won't notice it - honestly!
    I agree. In fact it's nice to differentiate words while typing. But the difference disappears into the labyrinth of thought.
    10-03-18 05:18 AM
    The spacebar is definitely an issue.
    Because the click on the left side is different than the other side
    The left side click is bit close to other buttons, but the right side click of spacebar is very different
    For what it's worth, every single KEYone I owned had a spacebar that clicks a bit different than the rest of the keys, and the click on the left is extremely soft with terrible travel while the click on the right is extremely firm and clicky.
    People forget that the spacebar on the KEYone doesn't click/sound exactly the same as the rest of the keys, but I think that's because it's still better than the KEY2's (at least as far as early built models go).
    10-03-18 05:51 AM
    The finger print fails many times
    Am I doing something wrong, as am not used to it before.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-18 10:35 AM
    when setting it up, i find actually physically pressing the space bar with whatever finger helps on each read. Physically apply some pressure with your finger so the space bar actually presses on each read. This has improved unlock reliability greatly for me. Also, if you still have troubles, make multiple setups with the same finger to capture more aspects of the fingerprint that may have been missed.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    10-03-18 11:09 AM
    Space clicks different but works fine to my K2

Posted via CB10
    10-03-18 11:33 AM
    Don't worry it's not that apparent after a week or so.
    It's just because someone who is very touchy about it has reported it, it has magnified.

There's no issue with the spacebar. I was also worried about the camera but then I don't use it much. My advice is to only worry about stuff that concerns you.

For me the only issue is the Pointer Mode keep showing up when typing for a while. There's a thread about it in case you're also encountering it. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ndex7.html?amp
    10-03-18 09:59 PM
    Thanks folks for your advise and help
    Unfortunately the carphonewarehouse policy doesn't allow to cancel the contract only, I will have to return the phone as well. I will see if this can be sorted out

BTW, the camera is not that bad as spoke about, infact am happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-18 03:08 AM
    Is the KeyTwo space bar meant to 'rock' to each side (and if so why!)

Posted via CB10
    10-04-18 03:38 AM
    Or you’ve adjusted or time and your mind is playing a game.
    10-04-18 06:52 PM
    Returning the phone because I cannot cancel sim only contract
    I need to return phone as well
    But am really impressed with the phone!

Those looking to upgrade from Passport will definitely be happy with Key2
    It's like a passport with ability to do things which it couldn't in Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-18 03:00 AM
    Returning the phone because I cannot cancel sim only contract
    I need to return phone as well
    But am really impressed with the phone!

Those looking to upgrade from Passport will definitely be happy with Key2
    It's like a passport with ability to do things which it couldn't in Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Unless you want really reliable camera and acceptable video records even in a non-perfect light conditions, it's really good device. And I mean REALLY.

Maybe you'll be able to get it some other way.
    10-05-18 03:45 AM
    I had to get used to it again after some years, when I quit the Bold 9900 for the Z30. At first it seemed it was difficult to get the space from one word to another after pressing, then I managed to guess the right pressure. Now it goes all right. but Bold 9900 keyboard was better, more sensitive. This is a subjective position, however.
    10-05-18 12:57 PM
    Just tried the Key2 LE in store. It's spacebar is normal, like the Keyone (The keyone and 2 LE keyboards are very similar)

Sorry to say, but they botched the Key2 Spacebar. It is not a "design feature" and it has nothing to do with there being a finger print sensor because the keyone and Key2 LE spacebars have no issues.
    10-06-18 03:26 PM
    Just tried the Key2 LE in store. It's spacebar is normal, like the Keyone (The keyone and 2 LE keyboards are very similar)

Sorry to say, but they botched the Key2 Spacebar. It is not a "design feature" and it has nothing to do with there being a finger print sensor because the keyone and Key2 LE spacebars have no issues.
    LE keyboard is matte and 10% bigger, just for that I'd prefer the LE over the KEYone and sacrifice the capacitive function.

As for the KEY2, I would love to try an August/September built unit to see if there's improvement. My bet is that there is.
    10-06-18 06:12 PM
37 12