Keyone does everything I need it to do.

I will use it until it breaks.
    uaegangster111 likes this.
    06-26-18 06:00 AM
    I'd happily take one, and even pay the full price, but until TCL release the Key2 Dual-SIM model in the UK, I won't be buying it.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-26-18 06:08 AM
    I was thinking about this today. I REALLY on the fence. One thing keeping me back would be if the rubber backing didn't sit completely flush at when it meets the metal. This would happen with the K1 sometimes making the phone feel painfully sharp.

Anyone else?
    I've had the device in hand. This is a non issue
    06-26-18 06:33 AM
    I'd happily take one, and even pay the full price, but until TCL release the Key2 Dual-SIM model in the UK, I won't be buying it.
    You'll have to import the BBF100-6 (ME, APAC, India) version then.
    06-26-18 06:39 AM
    Does this mean your job is going IOS only?

Posted via CB10
    Seeing that there are very few BlackBerry users left, the writing is on the wall, and that will be a very sad day. There was an Android pilot project but it seems to have been set aside because of other IT priorities, so there is some hope. I would prefer to avoid the situation in which I use my phone subsidy for an iPhone, then have to buy a KEY2 shortly thereafter.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    06-26-18 06:48 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Buying it day one here in Toronto... awesome by all accounts....

Posted via CB10
    06-26-18 07:00 AM
    I've had the device in hand. This is a non issue
    If squared off sides were an issue, the IPhone 4/4S/5/5S/SE would not have been that successful.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-26-18 07:23 AM
    If the cellular reception is weak as it was in Keyone, then I'd have to pass. If the reception is as good or better than my Note 8, I'm switching!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-26-18 07:58 AM
    1) Need to get rid of Capacitive buttons

2) Not having Band 71 for T-Mobile USA

3) I would like a better low-light main and selfie camera, I'm assuming it's mostly camera software and not necessarily the lens itself.

otherwise, everything else is great! though for $650, I may wait for the KEY3 next year, or see if the 2nd phone they're releasing this year may fit the bill..
    what is band 71 for?
    06-26-18 08:36 AM
    I believe Key1 was a successful attempt to test the waters. Key2 is all about making corrections to what the device should actually look and feel like. If Key2 does a good job, I believe that Key3 is a good bet to have much improved camera, stereo speakers and maybe a powerful processor version. I wouldn't buy a 2 because I have a 1.
    06-26-18 09:43 AM
    I'm worried that the sexy keyboard will keep calling me to touch it, this may distract me from being productive for work...
    06-26-18 09:47 AM
    The price and size will keep me away. As long as my Passports function I can supplement them with something from Samsung for $250 just to handle the finicky retail sites that choke on BB10.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Qorax like this.
    06-26-18 10:03 AM
    The only thing holding me back is price; I have a perfectly fine Pixel 2XL. I know that if I buy a new KEY2 and sell my Pixel 2XL I will still be in the hole. Probably going to buy one anyways because when it comes to BlackBerry devices, I'm not a rational consumer, lol.
    06-26-18 12:36 PM
    the only reason not to buy is if you have a Keyone and it works perfectly and you're happy with it.
    My black edition is perfect. I love it. If the great is now awesome, bring it on.
    But, then again, I'm the target market.
    06-26-18 12:49 PM
    I'll take up this exercise, but follow up with the reasons I want to buy it.

Reasons not to:

1. Screen is smaller than my Priv, a serious downgrade for my youtube habits.

2. As of yet there isn't serious carrier support in the U.S. so there may be no way to buy on a pricing plan, which is easier to get approval for me to purchase as a work phone. Also I have always had Verizon, I am comfortable with the coverage, and I haven't been convinced it will be compatible with Verizon yet.

3. The keyboard is always exposed which will be a bit of an adjustment from my Priv.

4. It is 100 dollars more than the Keyone at launch despite all the similarities, meanwhile the silver Keyone is available for 400 on Amazon and there is a version confirmed to work with Verizon.

Still I would opt for the Key2 for these reasons:

1. My Priv is dying, I went to work today with my Classic because the darn thing was dead from not being willing to charge.

2. It is the best blackberry spec wise., and I think it will be superior especially because of the Ram upgrade. I also want the camera upgrade and the form factor upgrade and the processor upgrade.

3. It looks to me like the keyboard is much better than the Keyone, and want PKB.
    I think jumping from the PRIV would be a true upgrade. Not so much from the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. In my case, I've only had it since last November.

Actually, I remember this same dilema when the PRIV was launched. I had my Passport and could've have well waited for the arrival of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ . Instead, I bought a PRIV in April 2016 (AT&T unlocked version) and sold it due to the infamous "updates fiasco".

Instead of sticking again with the Passport, I got a factory unlocked PRIV, which served me well for about a year, although by the end the battery was struggling to last me through the day. Come to think of it, the Passport would have done just fine at the time.

Now my factory unlocked PRIV is stored in its box, forgotten and waiting to be sold... While the Passport has stayed as my backup phone (you can't beat BB10 when it comes to email management).

Morale of the story: sometimes it's better to skip one or two models.

Thus, IMHO PRIV users will definitely find more value in moving to the KEY2 than current KEYᵒⁿᵉ users.
    06-26-18 01:12 PM
    I believe Key1 was a successful attempt to test the waters. Key2 is all about making corrections to what the device should actually look and feel like. If Key2 does a good job, I believe that Key3 is a good bet to have much improved camera, stereo speakers and maybe a powerful processor version. I wouldn't buy a 2 because I have a 1.
    This 👆

Waiting out for the KEY3 might be a better choice for most current KEYᵒⁿᵉ users, IMHO.
    06-26-18 01:14 PM
    Me! I thought I was one of the very few. I dropped my k1 and noticed the back cover was undone, when I clipped it back together the bottom never sat right. I like using it naked, but have to keep the incipio case on it otherwise I can't stop snapping the back cover.
    One drop and it's never the same. The phone is a joy to use naked too

I've decided to hold off more so for financial reasons right now. I'll get it some day perhaps.
    06-26-18 01:21 PM
    - Late arrival here in South Africa
    - I already have my S7 Edge as my 2nd phone, so the Key² would have to thoroughly blow the S7 Edge away.

Will have to try it out and see if it's worth it.

I may just flip and replace my Note8 with the Note9 and then make my Note8 my 2nd phone, in which case I'd definitelynot get the Key².
    06-26-18 01:26 PM

I may just flip and replace my Note8 with the Note9 and then make my Note8 my 2nd phone, in which case I'd definitelynot get the Key².
    That sounds boring.
    06-26-18 01:46 PM
    That sounds boring.
    Lol, if I really wanted to spice things up I'd get a iPhone X Pl............hmmmmmm

We'll see.

I waited until the 4th generation Note to jump on the Note bandwagon, I watched the Note1, 2, and 3 mature and when the 4th got announced I was finally convinced. May go the same way with the BlackBerry KEY devices.

The KEY¹ arrived super late down here though, very disappointing.
    06-26-18 01:53 PM
    I hear you all talking about the key3. But who says it will come to an third device. Maybe this will be the last physical keyboard phone.....
    Qorax likes this.
    06-26-18 02:53 PM
    Lol, if I really wanted to spice things up I'd get a iPhone X Pl............hmmmmmm

We'll see.

I waited until the 4th generation Note to jump on the Note bandwagon, I watched the Note1, 2, and 3 mature and when the 4th got announced I was finally convinced. May go the same way with the BlackBerry KEY devices.

The KEY¹ arrived super late down here though, very disappointing.
    A KEY2 + Note 8 combo seems like an awesome productivity duo, they'd complement each other very well.

But a Note 8 and Note 9? Or Note 8 and S7E? Boring AF
    06-26-18 04:57 PM
    Because KeyOne ducks a33 ergonomically. Also the bigger buttons & larger RAM. Not to mention the unified steel body. Finally, lucky to have disposable $$$.
    06-26-18 06:07 PM
    No apps. Never have. I've no use for any.

I don't play games ~ and whatever online work I do, I do it directly thru the respective websites, at leisure and over a laptop.

My phone is for calls, SMS/MMS, emails, point & shoot photography*, reminders / note taking and limited browsing. All of which my Passport/s excel.

*for technical shooting I use a DSLR & camcorder
    That is what I use my bb for too. I don't play much games. But I like access to apps like amazon, spotify, youtube... Unfortunately bb10 didn't perform as good as I wanted it to in that regard. I had to make the jump to android.
    06-26-18 06:37 PM
    Simple reason for me: I bought a KEYone, so I'm good until 2021. I'll see what's available then.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-26-18 07:17 PM
104 12345