07-02-18 09:49 PM
104 123 ...
tools
    I was thinking about this today. I REALLY on the fence. One thing keeping me back would be if the rubber backing didn't sit completely flush at when it meets the metal. This would happen with the K1 sometimes making the phone feel painfully sharp.

Anyone else?
    06-25-18 12:06 PM
    sounds like a small manufacturing issue, though my KEYone doesn't have that.

I have experienced edges that didn't line up across a bunch of phones in the past. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

I'm pretty sold on the KEY2 at this point, and a silver one will be my next phone.
    06-25-18 12:10 PM
    Seems like a case would solve that, as well as help protect the phone....
    duncan86 likes this.
    06-25-18 12:32 PM
    I like what I see so far. Going to give it a shot. Amazon has easy returns. KeyOne went back in two days. Hopefully the key2 is better.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-25-18 12:40 PM
    A few reasons...

a very average rear camera even with a dual camera set up. Obviously the software is not up to mark. Can't believe BB still haven't made camera a priority in this day and age.

The front camera is still as pathetic as ever

Secondly, no stereo speakers. Again, every manufacturer is improving speakers with every new device, we still get decades old mono speakers.

Thirdly, no wireless charging support, no water proofing whatsoever, still a 1080P screen, mid range processor.

Obviously, I'm sure for a lot of hard core business users, none of those things are deal breakers, but for me, having moved onto the Pixel 2 after the screen fell out of my KEYone, the camera is a deal breaker for me as I do a lot of travel photography.

I would have still considered the Key² because I really do miss the physical keyboard and amazing battery life had they not priced the Key² at a ridiculously premium price of $829 CAD for a mid range device.
    Qorax, BEEBEEBEEBEE and hesusftw like this.
    06-25-18 01:50 PM
    1. capacitive buttons - this phone will be left behind from gestures from android P and so on.
    2. No wireless charging
    3. No stereo Speakers
    4. No upgrades for screen, - same panel used from keyone
    5. pricey

ill wait for key3 or priv2!
    Flatman, BEEBEEBEEBEE and hesusftw like this.
    06-25-18 02:06 PM
    As long as the KEY2 passes JerryRigEverything's test, the only thing that would prevent me from buying one would be the KEY3... and that one is about a year away
    06-25-18 02:06 PM
    1) Love my Passport ~ and don't see any reason to replace it.
    2) Can't afford it, now.
    Byrese and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-25-18 02:12 PM
    I'll take up this exercise, but follow up with the reasons I want to buy it.

Reasons not to:

1. Screen is smaller than my Priv, a serious downgrade for my youtube habits.

2. As of yet there isn't serious carrier support in the U.S. so there may be no way to buy on a pricing plan, which is easier to get approval for me to purchase as a work phone. Also I have always had Verizon, I am comfortable with the coverage, and I haven't been convinced it will be compatible with Verizon yet.

3. The keyboard is always exposed which will be a bit of an adjustment from my Priv.

4. It is 100 dollars more than the Keyone at launch despite all the similarities, meanwhile the silver Keyone is available for 400 on Amazon and there is a version confirmed to work with Verizon.

Still I would opt for the Key2 for these reasons:

1. My Priv is dying, I went to work today with my Classic because the darn thing was dead from not being willing to charge.

2. It is the best blackberry spec wise., and I think it will be superior especially because of the Ram upgrade. I also want the camera upgrade and the form factor upgrade and the processor upgrade.

3. It looks to me like the keyboard is much better than the Keyone, and want PKB.
    Byrese, nonamenomore and tazcubed like this.
    06-25-18 02:46 PM
    Seems like a case would solve that, as well as help protect the phone....
    True but I met a guy just yesterday with a K1 (rare sighting I might be add) and he had a case on since day and yet had the same problem. I'm an early adopters so I'm probably gonna get it but I'm just wondering about quality control. That's what's giving me slight pause.
    06-25-18 02:46 PM
    1) Love my Passport ~ and don't see any reason to replace it.
    2) Can't afford it, now.
    Nice! I've never tried the passport but heard it was one of the best. I'm new the the BB world.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-25-18 02:48 PM
    1) Need to get rid of Capacitive buttons

2) Not having Band 71 for T-Mobile USA

3) I would like a better low-light main and selfie camera, I'm assuming it's mostly camera software and not necessarily the lens itself.

otherwise, everything else is great! though for $650, I may wait for the KEY3 next year, or see if the 2nd phone they're releasing this year may fit the bill..
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-25-18 03:08 PM
    I’ll be watching for any reports of weak signal reception like with the K1. For me that’s the only major flaw it has, and the reason I went to the Motion. Any hint that the K2 might have the same problem will be a deal breaker for me.
    Flatman and uaegangster111 like this.
    06-25-18 04:25 PM
    Inferior camera.
    06-25-18 04:39 PM
    I’ll be watching for any reports of weak signal reception like with the K1. For me that’s the only major flaw it has, and the reason I went to the Motion. Any hint that the K2 might have the same problem will be a deal breaker for me.
    if you look at photos of the KEY2, you will see antenna lines on the bottom of the device instead of the lower left and right sides. the youtube videos highlighting the reception issues of the KEYone is when your left hand was covering the lower left antenna without a case. I've had a case on my KEYone since day one and reception has been great
    tnewton3 likes this.
    06-25-18 05:17 PM
    if you look at photos of the KEY2, you will see antenna lines on the bottom of the device instead of the lower left and right sides. the youtube videos highlighting the reception issues of the KEYone is when your left hand was covering the lower left antenna without a case. I've had a case on my KEYone since day one and reception has been great
    I know about the antenna location problem and the use of a case to solve it. I’ve used a case as well and it does work OK with it. I think there is still a reception problem even with the case though. Using an app called “Cell Info Lite” on both the K1 and the Motion (as well as a Priv) I can see that the K1’s reception is lower even when sitting on a table or sitting upright in a holder say overnight on a nightstand. I just don’t feel that the K1 is as reliable as the others.
    06-25-18 05:30 PM
    There is not a single reason for me not to buy the KEYtwo. Well, as long as my wife approves the expense....but I do all the cooking so I'll win. Can't wait.
    06-25-18 05:37 PM
    If I'm happy using my KEYone and Motion, I honestly can't see me becoming, in any way, unhappy about getting a KEY2.

I love my KEYone and when I look at the KEY2, all I can see are improvements to something I already love.

Definitely getting a KEY2. There will be no doubt in my mind whenever I pull the trigger on that.

I don't care if it's 'day one' or not. As long as I can grab one is all that I'm considering.
    JPD404 and TCM01 like this.
    06-25-18 05:44 PM
    There is not a single reason for me not to buy the KEYtwo. Well, as long as my wife approves the expense....but I do all the cooking so I'll win. Can't wait.
    lol
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-25-18 05:44 PM
    I haven't had any connectivity issues with my KEYone, both in and out of town. It simply works and I make use of it.

That would suck to have reception problems nonetheless. Especially since BlackBerry owns Paratek and could easily give BlackBerry Mobile access to that asset.

Or, maybe Paratek is no longer even a thing since all the changes. In which case, sucks for that company Paratek's former employees.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 06-25-18 at 05:58 PM.
    06-25-18 05:47 PM
    Stay away because it is just another dumpster fire device with certain features that don't work as promised.

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    06-25-18 05:47 PM
    with certain features that don't work as promised.
    Like what?
    06-25-18 05:50 PM
    Stay away because it is just another dumpster fire device with certain features that don't work as promised.

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand. How is it a 'dumpster fire' anyways?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-25-18 05:59 PM
    No Band 71 would be a big drawback. Plus the fact that wifi calling is blocked on many US carriers.
    06-25-18 05:59 PM
    If carriers block WiFi calling, then how is WiFi calling a benefit in any scenario if it can't even be used? Unless travelling to other countries where it is allowed is what people want. I wouldn't know because I actually have so few phone calls.
    06-25-18 06:00 PM
104 123 ...