Is it really worth buying the Key 2?? I have read many threads about the phone and i am surprised of how many bad reviews the Key 2 has. Some have said their phones died after shortly they purchased it. Some have complained about the phone flickering. Some have commented on the camera freezing.

All about the phone created serious doubts about getting the phone and just made me think that the company isn't caring at all!! Does anybody still have the key 2? If so, how long have you got the phone? Was the Key 1 a solid phone? I have read that it didn't survive for more than 1 year.
    01-03-19 06:33 PM
    Haven't read much about the phone dying on them that much. I have Key² since August and it's pretty solid. We have our issues but for me they don't make the phone unusable.
    The issues widely reported are:
    1.Space bar build quality / Fingerprint
    2.Camera quality
    3.Keyboard cursor mode issue
    None of which is catastrophic. Now it depends how much they matter to you.
    cyberdoggie and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-03-19 07:09 PM
    It all depends on your level of tolerance. It's not free of issues but at the same time it provides for the best PKB experience out there.
    BigAl_BB9900 and ZahidShad like this.
    01-03-19 07:31 PM
    It all depends on your level of tolerance. It's not free of issues but at the same time it provides for the best PKB experience out there.
    Agreed... the KEY2 does provide an outstanding PKB experience if that is an important criteria for you. It most definitely is for me.

Yes, there are some minor issues with the KEY2 but show me a smartphone that is free of issues. From all that I've read all the top tier devices have issues... there isn't a perfect device from all I've read.

You have to decide if the PKB is a critical factor you need/want in a smartphone despite the issues the KEY2 has.

Bob
    01-03-19 07:46 PM
    ...but show me a smartphone that is free of issues. From all that I've read all the top tier devices have issues... there isn't a perfect device from all I've read.
    Respectfully Sir, my Samsung Note 3 and subsequent S7 were literally free of issues and I tend to beleive that their more recent line up is pretty much bullet proof as well.
    01-03-19 07:50 PM
    Is it really worth buying the Key 2?? I have read many threads about the phone and i am surprised of how many bad reviews the Key 2 has. Some have said their phones died after shortly they purchased it. Some have complained about the phone flickering. Some have commented on the camera freezing.

All about the phone created serious doubts about getting the phone and just made me think that the company isn't caring at all!! Does anybody still have the key 2? If so, how long have you got the phone? Was the Key 1 a solid phone? I have read that it didn't survive for more than 1 year.
    Only you can determine that. I think it's as simple as:

How much does a PKB mean to you?
    01-03-19 08:07 PM
    Respectfully Sir, my Samsung Note 3 and subsequent S7 were literally free of issues and I tend to beleive that their more recent line up is pretty much bullet proof as well.
    I did check out the new Samsung devices, and other top tier devices, before I finally decided to go forward with the KEY2. Yes, they are very nice devices without a doubt, but from all I've read they are not free of issues.

I guess it's a matter of what one is willing to put up with regarding issues and their significance to the user. Personally, if I'm going to deal with issues with a device I am more willing to put up with them on a PKB device.

Bob
    01-03-19 08:09 PM
    I did check out the new Samsung devices, and other top tier devices, before I finally decided to go forward with the KEY2. Yes, they are very nice devices without a doubt, but from all I've read they are not free of issues.

I guess it's a matter of what one is willing to put up with regarding issues and their significance to the user. Personally, if I'm going to deal with issues with a device I am more willing to put up with them on a PKB device.

Bob
    I guess that the matter at hand is then define "issues".

Our PKB bug is certainly one to my standards but if for another user the screen is not bright enough in lit conditions, well, that's not an "issue" as far as I am concerned, it's how the device is made, take it or leave it.
    01-03-19 08:13 PM
    I guess that the matter at hand is then define "issues".

Our PKB bug is certainly one to my standards but if for another user the screen is not bright enough in lit conditions, well, that's not an "issue" as far as I am concerned, it's how the device is made, take it or leave it.
    Issues, the extent and seriousness, is very subjective. I admit the KEY2 is not without issues but in the scheme of things I can deal with them. Hopefully the PKB issue, that often times is frustrating when it occurs, will get resolved. It is something I can handle for the time being in hopes of a fix being in the pipeline with a future update.

Again, the new Samsung's are great devices and I was very close to pulling the trigger on a S9. Unfortunately I just couldn't get comfortable typing on glass... I'm just more adapt with typing on a PKB.

Bob
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-03-19 08:24 PM
    Issues, the extent and seriousness, is very subjective. I admit the KEY2 is not without issues but in the scheme of things I can deal with them. Hopefully the PKB issue, that often times is frustrating when it occurs, will get resolved. It is something I can handle for the time being in hopes of a fix being in the pipeline with a future update.

Again, the new Samsung's are great devices and I was very close to pulling the trigger on a S9. Unfortunately I just couldn't get comfortable typing on glass... I'm just more adapt with typing on a PKB.

Bob
    This is it. PKB or death.
    Bob80220 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-03-19 08:25 PM
    I got the Key 2 in August and definitely no problems with it !
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    01-04-19 03:36 AM
    I have opened similar thread before and ended up in buying key2 and I'm really enjoying, thes mentioned in this thread is very minor issues and they happen very rare
    BigAl_BB9900 and eiruvrav like this.
    01-04-19 04:51 AM

Let’s not exaggerate with phones “dying”. I have used many BlackBerry phones under BB10 as well as the Priv, KeyOne and Key2. I will focus on the latter two only.

Key2 is an improvement over the KeyOne mainly in the area of internal memory size (3 GB for the original KeyOne, 4 for the Black Edition, compared to 6 for the Key2). That ensures smoother switching between apps and fewer memory issues.
    Otherwise, it is give and take between the two and a matter of taste/preference.

IMHO Key2 silver looks gorgeous and is reminiscent of the most beautiful BB of all: the Passport Silver Edition. That would be already sufficient reason to get one.

The physical keyboard also works nicer on the Key2, more like on the PP Silver Edition. But, as others mentioned before: the space bar with integrated finger print is noticeably looser than the other keys (and certainly compared to the same key on the KeyOne). For some, that’s a dealbreaker. Not for me, but it is a pity. What I hate, however, is the fact that the right shift key has been replaced by a speed key, which is not remappable to shift! The latter is a big omission.
    The finger print reader is slower on the Key2 than on the KeyOne Black Edition that I have. Sometimes I have to try a few times for it to work. Not sure if there is any relation to the looser space bar or not.

Screen is of lesser quality on the Key2 compared to KeyOne (and dimmer, which negatively affects reading under bright (sunlight) conditions).

Phone reception and sound are said to have been slightly improved on the Key2 but I cannot honestly confirm this in my use.

Camera is lacklustre on the Key2, as confirmed by many others as well. It is ok for the quick snapshot but not up to what can be expected from 2018 phones in this segment. The KeyOne shoots slightly better shots under dimmer light conditions.

So, if you have the original KeyOne, getting the Key2 could be considered an upgrade. It is less straightforward if you have the KeyOne Black Edition.

Perhaps it may be best to hold out for the next Key series phone with PKB, if you can of course (and keeping fingers crossed that the Key2 issues are addressed).
    01-04-19 05:20 AM
    Yes, there are some minor issues with the KEY2 but show me a smartphone that is free of issues.
    KEY2 LE
    anon(10538261) likes this.
    01-04-19 02:36 PM
    the space bar with integrated finger print is noticeably looser than the other keys (and certainly compared to the same key on the KeyOne). For some, that’s a dealbreaker. Not for me, but it is a pity.
    It is man, the whole point of the device is the keyboard.

BBMo better take notes for KEY3, no more funky spacebar.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-04-19 02:36 PM
    KEY2 LE
    That LE is sweet. My Atomic is a beaut. I like it more than my silver Key 2 - no doubt. Reminds me of the crack in Blackberry of old.
    01-04-19 08:50 PM
    black 128 gb dual sim. best experience ever
    01-04-19 08:52 PM

Get the Key2 Le..
    01-04-19 11:35 PM
    If you have to ask, probably not! Only for the strong of will!
    01-04-19 11:46 PM
    I have both the KEY2 and KEY2 LE. Definitely appreciate the performance of the KEY2 over the KEY2 LE, but I will say that the LE is free of quirks and creaks that it's big brother has. Still not enough for me to use the LE full time, but I can understand the desire to have a device that works properly 100% of the time.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-04-19 11:51 PM
    @OP

You got enough responses, did you buy or not?
    01-05-19 12:15 PM
    Thanks everyone for replying!
    I would also like to know if the Key2's screen is also fixed with glue like on the key1.
    Does it pop out in time??
    01-06-19 06:03 PM
    Thanks everyone for replying!
    I would also like to know if the Key2's screen is also fixed with glue like on the key1.
    Does it pop out in time??
    Lol no the KEY2’s screen won’t pop out, ever.
    01-06-19 11:19 PM
    But how is the Key2's screen fixed?
    01-07-19 04:00 AM
    But how is the Key2's screen fixed?
    With strong adhesive ?

Not sure what your question is
    01-07-19 08:34 AM
37 12