last few days i spent on the french riviera with all the fancy people and my key2 stood out among all the iphones and samsung phones... as expected and the comments from oh dear still stuck in the past...take care the keys may fall out...do you need a few bucks...bla bla la so **** the fency people i took a cab to menton and as we passed monaco the cab drivers phone rang.. he took out an all black key 2 i instantly shouted yeeeees his reaction was worldclass. i know i know we are the best!!!
    07-07-19 06:22 AM
    People like to follow the crowd. The BlackBerry fan base is pure and we love it
    07-07-19 07:08 AM
    I’m not sure what else you would expect. That is the legacy Blackberry left behind regarding mobile hardware.
    MartyE, Mecca EL and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-07-19 07:37 AM
    last few days i spent on the french riviera with all the fancy people and my key2 stood out among all the iphones and samsung phones... as expected and the comments from oh dear still stuck in the past...take care the keys may fall out...do you need a few bucks...bla bla la so **** the fency people i took a cab to menton and as we passed monaco the cab drivers phone rang.. he took out an all black key 2 i instantly shouted yeeeees his reaction was worldclass. i know i know we are the best!!!
    I said all that and now I'm thinking about getting an iPhone or Samsung or even a Android One device simply because it's slightly more compatible with my car
    07-07-19 05:19 PM
    I LOVE this phone and I am never embarrassed to pull it out. Will be a cold day in hell when I pull out an IPhone...
    07-07-19 05:22 PM
    I LOVE this phone and I am never embarrassed to pull it out. Will be a cold day in hell when I pull out an IPhone...
    Same
    YDShine likes this.
    07-07-19 07:07 PM
    I work for At&t and I have seen people with Windows phones and even old flip phones. Doesn't matter what people think, get what works for you.
    07-07-19 07:17 PM
    I work for At&t and I have seen people with Windows phones and even old flip phones. Doesn't matter what people think, get what works for you.
    One reason KaiOS has done so well - over 100M units shipped, is there is still a big market for... smarter basic phones.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-08-19 01:25 PM
    I said all that and now I'm thinking about getting an iPhone or Samsung or even a Android One device simply because it's slightly more compatible with my car
    Why would another android device be more compatible with your car then a BlackBerry Android device? Everything should be the same.
    bh7171 likes this.
    07-08-19 02:11 PM
    The keys will fall out...ha ha! No, not the keys...but maybe the screen.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-08-19 02:23 PM
    The keys will fall out...ha ha! No, not the keys...but maybe the screen.
    Side note, I think the Berry that had the most cases of individual keys falling out was the Classic if I'm not mistaken.
    So much for the "unparalleled" build quality of BB ltd (or Foxconn, whatever)
    07-08-19 05:29 PM
    Side note, I think the Berry that had the most cases of individual keys falling out was the Classic if I'm not mistaken.
    So much for the "unparalleled" build quality of BB ltd (or Foxconn, whatever)
    I own a KEYone Black Edition...and really like it. But I was genuinely concerned about the screen fallout issue. By the time the Black Edition was released though...they had corrected the issue. Fun device for sure.
    07-08-19 06:29 PM
    I own a KEYone Black Edition...and really like it. But I was genuinely concerned about the screen fallout issue. By the time the Black Edition was released though...they had corrected the issue. Fun device for sure.
    They corrected it before the first Black Editions even started rolling out.
    anon(10387168) and Simon6333 like this.
    07-08-19 07:24 PM
    loved my KEYone. now love my KEY2 even more , even with and inferior space bar but a lot better phone. I don't care what people think. I don't follow the crowds. I use what's best for me
    the_boon likes this.
    07-08-19 08:46 PM
    Same here - I get the usual 'oh is that a Blackberry? Are you stuck in 90s? etc etc' but they quickly change when I can do quick tweets with shortcuts, no typos and over 50%+ battery life well into the evening!
    07-09-19 05:49 AM
    Same here - I get the usual 'oh is that a Blackberry? Are you stuck in 90s? etc etc' but they quickly change when I can do quick tweets with shortcuts, no typos and over 50%+ battery life well into the evening!
    It's kind of cringy when they over exaggerate it with the "are you in the 80's or 90's", when clearly it would be more "late 2000's" or "stuck a decade ago".

As if a PKB on a smartphone equals an antique. It's like these people don't remember what existed before their rectangle of glass.
    07-09-19 07:33 AM
    It's kind of cringy when they over exaggerate it with the "are you in the 80's or 90's", when clearly it would be more "late 2000's" or "stuck a decade ago".

As if a PKB on a smartphone equals an antique. It's like these people don't remember what existed before their rectangle of glass.
    Yeah argument really makes no sense. People still use laptops to type and prefer them over tablets so why aren't people who use laptops teased lol
    the_boon likes this.
    07-09-19 07:43 AM
    Yeah argument really makes no sense. People still use laptops to type and prefer them over tablets so why aren't people who use laptops teased lol
    Because the current young generation define themselves by a mobile phone. This, in turn, brushes off on their parents. Before long you have an entire population that identifies their value and acceptance among the others by a light up device that sends and receives communication that they can play digital board games on.

Yes, that's where we are as a society now.
    bh7171, the_boon, hcaliste and 1 others like this.
    07-09-19 07:30 PM
    Because the current young generation define themselves by a mobile phone. This, in turn, brushes off on their parents. Before long you have an entire population that identifies their value and acceptance among the others by a light up device that sends and receives communication that they can play digital board games on.

Yes, that's where we are as a society now.
    We could just find a Delorean and some plutonium, and send a cyborg back in time to prevent social media from being invented, and do humanity a huge favor
    bh7171 and RWIndiana like this.
    07-09-19 10:32 PM
    We could just find a Delorean and some plutonium, and send a cyborg back in time to prevent social media from being invented, and do humanity a huge favor
    Hahaha, why not just Warp towards the Sun like Kirk did? Easier and has been done twice! I know, I'm a closet geek!
    07-09-19 10:46 PM
    Hahaha, why not just Warp towards the Sun like Kirk did? Easier and has been done twice! I know, I'm a closet geek!
    Had to be done six times.... Back and Forwards for three trips. But seeing how little anyone else did it, pretty sure only Spoke knew the secret.

"Tomorrow is Yesterday" was the accidental trip back where the discovered the process. (Air Force Base)
    "Assignment: Earth" they did it on purpose for historical research (Gary Seven, the Cat and NASA Launch)
    "Voyage Home" to save the humpbacks.

But social media... sorry only way to stop that would be to stop the Internet. That's one of the first things people did with the Internet, formed little bulletin boards, which became newsgroups, then you had Six Degrees, Blogs and sites like My Space...... Want to kill Social Media, you'd have to go back to the 60's and stop the Internet. In the end there never would have been a need for BlackBerry to exist.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    07-10-19 09:11 AM
    Had to be done six times.... Back and Forwards for three trips. But seeing how little anyone else did it, pretty sure only Spoke knew the secret.

"Tomorrow is Yesterday" was the accidental trip back where the discovered the process. (Air Force Base)
    "Assignment: Earth" they did it on purpose for historical research (Gary Seven, the Cat and NASA Launch)
    "Voyage Home" to save the humpbacks.

But social media... sorry only way to stop that would be to stop the Internet. That's one of the first things people did with the Internet, formed little bulletin boards, which became newsgroups, then you had Six Degrees, Blogs and sites like My Space...... Want to kill Social Media, you'd have to go back to the 60's and stop the Internet. In the end there never would have been a need for BlackBerry to exist.
    Absolutely correct! How could I forget those! We are now both officially Master Geeks! Cool club to be a member of!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 07-10-19 at 12:12 PM.
    07-10-19 11:56 AM
    i was at work today, small suburb in australia and a customer had a key2 on him, brought a huge smile to my face.
    07-15-19 12:01 PM
    i was at work today, small suburb in australia and a customer had a key2 on him, brought a huge smile to my face.
    They recently went on sale there... are any carriers or retailers offering it in their stores?
    07-16-19 10:31 AM
    No. i wish though.
    07-26-19 01:10 AM
28 12