I have been reading article that rcs works in Canada if you do a few things with an app. Activity launcher. Anyway I tried it today and it worked. Did some test texting with my son. One thing I did have to do was turn my fonts to smallest or you cannot hit the apply button in lost of how to.

https://www.androidcentral.com/want-...-how-enable-it

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    10-31-19 07:33 AM
    I haven't tried for Canada.
    However, RCS works on my US Key2 using the normal Google Messages app.
    10-31-19 10:03 AM
    I got it working on my K2 with Telus. Since I have a dual SIM phone, I had to change the Preferred SIM for data/calls/SMS all to the same time that I registered the RCS under.
    10-31-19 10:56 AM
    just had text session with Brother and friend and RCS worked perfectly. Neat to see when other typing and sounds as to activity. Not quite BBM but close.
    10-31-19 08:16 PM
    just had text session with Brother and friend and RCS worked perfectly. Neat to see when other typing and sounds as to activity. Not quite BBM but close.
    Do both parties need to be using RCS for it to show delivery and read receipts?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-19 08:30 PM
    I thought so and not sure they are but assume so since I could tell when they were typing (wave 3 dots) and when they started (sound notification) that I never had before. if they are not, bonus for me to be on RCS and still benefit.
    10-31-19 08:36 PM
    Do both parties need to be using RCS for it to show delivery and read receipts?

Posted via CB10
    I was told yes, backed up with no one else I know has it and I haven't seen any additional features. But, Google disabled it with the latest update to Messages Beta.
    10-31-19 09:09 PM
    I was told yes, backed up with no one else I know has it and I haven't seen any additional features. But, Google disabled it with the latest update to Messages Beta.
    Doh! I just updated it and lost it. Oh well. I only had one other person that used RCS, and they use WhatsApp, so I will go back to WA until it becomes official again.
    10-31-19 09:12 PM
    I never bothered because I rarely text people and the chances of the few I do having it enabled as well are beyond zero lol.
    Sime0n_S likes this.
    11-01-19 11:32 AM
    RCS only able to get enable after reboot or restart when I pullout the first sim and reinsert while the android OS is loaded or else it will say "chat feature not available for this device" ... but then i dont have anybody in my contact using rcs or having it enabled
    11-02-19 07:57 AM
    RCS only able to get enable after reboot or restart when I pullout the first sim and reinsert while the android OS is loaded or else it will say "chat feature not available for this device" ... but then i dont have anybody in my contact using rcs or having it enabled
    Retraced steps a couple hours ago, it's working again.

Well, it says it is. Nobody has it but us. 🙄
    11-02-19 07:59 AM
    I never bothered because I rarely text people and the chances of the few I do having it enabled as well are beyond zero lol.
    So you.... email? Call? Text seems to be the default method of communication in this part of the country.
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-03-19 01:45 PM
    So you.... email? Call? Text seems to be the default method of communication in this part of the country.
    Email, Signal, Slack, Instagram.. depends on the person. No one texts me besides my Mother.
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-14-19 01:40 PM
    Email, Signal, Slack, Instagram.. depends on the person. No one texts me besides my Mother.

What I found in general sense is that a lot of Canadians would use the IM based messaging apps.

Of course BBM was big back in the day but the other ones like WhatsApp etc have a huge user base in Canada too. It's more of an international friendly way of messaging too.

For a long time, the Canadian carriers would charge for text messages or limit it to a few hundred a month or something. BBM took off as a result and so did others.

In the US I found a lot of carriers had unlimited text messaging years before Canadians did. In a lot of ways a lot of Americans still do the SMS texting to each other as that was the standard set years ago. Of course a lot of other people use the IM apps but SMS still has a strong hold from what I've seen.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-19 02:51 PM
    What I found in general sense is that a lot of Canadians would use the IM based messaging apps.

Of course BBM was big back in the day but the other ones like WhatsApp etc have a huge user base in Canada too. It's more of an international friendly way of messaging too.

For a long time, the Canadian carriers would charge for text messages or limit it to a few hundred a month or something. BBM took off as a result and so did others.

In the US I found a lot of carriers had unlimited text messaging years before Canadians did. In a lot of ways a lot of Americans still do the SMS texting to each other as that was the standard set years ago. Of course a lot of other people use the IM apps but SMS still has a strong hold from what I've seen.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty spot-on assessment. For years I paid for SMS when I used it but my data was covered already so messaging/IM apps were always more cost-effective.
    11-14-19 03:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tried RCS and from what I've read whatever is being used currently is glitchy at best. Since I don't do any social media stuff I'm using the stock SMS app, WhatsApp, BBMe, and email. I have a lot of friends in South America and Europe so WhatsApp and BBMe are the go to messaging apps for me.

As you mentioned, BBM used to be the preferred app years ago as you could seamlessly message all over the globe as most people, well most people I knew then, had a BlackBerry device.

Bob
    11-14-19 03:23 PM
    11-14-19 04:24 PM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ on AT&T says R.C.S not supported on this sevice...
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-14-19 04:59 PM
    Perhaps this explains why I’m not seeing anything regarding the RCS on my AT&T KEYone
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-14-19 05:27 PM
    I haven't received any update/notification regarding RCS being available on my stock messaging app. I'm on Beta and did receive an update yesterday.

I am on AT&T with my KEY2 so I guess I will see what shakes out... if anything... 🤔

Bob
    11-14-19 05:33 PM
    How is RCS different from what BB10 has been dong for a decade?

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    11-14-19 05:54 PM
    How is RCS different from what BB10 has been dong for a decade?

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    You mean what BBM has been doing? The key difference is that BBM is dead.
    11-14-19 06:20 PM
    You mean what BBM has been doing? The key difference is that BBM is dead.
    Maybe it was supposed to say BBM has been dead for a decade. Here in USA it wasn’t ever really a thing like SMS/MMS even today
    11-14-19 06:23 PM
    Evidently the RCS feature was included in the Beta update I received yesterday. However I'm not getting the prompt to activate it.

So which is the reason... AT&T issue or KEY2?

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Rcs anyone try it?-59257.jpg  
    11-14-19 06:38 PM
    I have RCS running on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and KEY².

I used the early cheat of course, as it's not officially available from Canadian carriers yet.
    hamilgs likes this.
    11-14-19 06:39 PM
106 123 ...