Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So other than the Titan (neat but underspeced) are there any other qwerty phones in the pipeline? I only ask because the Key2 is over a year old now and we all know BlackBerry and TCL are fighting. I'm worried the BlackBerry will try and drag they keyboard down with then.
    09-29-19 11:19 AM
    So other than the Titan (neat but underspeced) are there any other qwerty phones in the pipeline? I only ask because the Key2 is over a year old now and we all know BlackBerry and TCL are fighting. I'm worried the BlackBerry will try and drag they keyboard down with then.
    It’s not a segment any OEMs seem to be interested with. Titan and Fx Pro seem to be it. BlackBerry just expects to get paid like you and I would for our time and trouble. It’s no different and why BB left mobile for other businesses.
    09-29-19 11:34 AM
    It’s not a segment any OEMs seem to be interested with. Titan and Fx Pro seem to be it. BlackBerry just expects to get paid like you and I would for our time and trouble. It’s no different and why BB left mobile for other businesses.
    Oh I have no ill will towards blackberry. It's just that Samsung, Motorola, Nokia, HTC and others all used to make qwerty phones. Now no one does.
    09-29-19 01:05 PM
    Fxtec Pro, Planet Computers Cosmo Communicator, JioPhone... that's about it.
    09-29-19 01:48 PM
    Oh I have no ill will towards blackberry. It's just that Samsung, Motorola, Nokia, HTC and others all used to make qwerty phones. Now no one does.
    There's very good reasons for that: sales of PKB phones dropped off a cliff once the Galaxy S2 was released, and then REALLY when the S3 came out. Had sales been there, they'd have continued making them, but making things that don't sell is a great way to lose a lot of money.
    09-29-19 02:44 PM
    Nothing else on the horizon that I'm aware of.

Physical keyboards aren't very popular and, therefore, unprofitable.

As a PKB fan, myself, it makes me sad. But I get it.
    DWonder likes this.
    09-29-19 04:10 PM
    I am curious how you know BlackBerry and TCL are somehow fighting?

I carry a Note 10+ with my KEY2 and Evolve. I come here sometimes to see what's up with the headlines.

One of the things I keep seeing were new launch locations for the KEY2 around the world which tells me they're actively selling devices or they wouldn't continually be launching this far into the KEY2 life cycle.

Then there's the Monet codename. None of this indicates a fight between the two entities.
    09-29-19 05:41 PM
    I am curious how you know BlackBerry and TCL are somehow fighting?

I carry a Note 10+ with my KEY2 and Evolve. I come here sometimes to see what's up with the headlines.

One of the things I keep seeing were new launch locations for the KEY2 around the world which tells me they're actively selling devices or they wouldn't continually be launching this far into the KEY2 life cycle.

Then there's the Monet codename. None of this indicates a fight between the two entities.
    Here is the tl;dr version:

1) Production has apparently halted
    2) Zero sign of Pie
    3) We have docs from other licencees showing a difference in opinion on payments
    4) Reports from some that supposedly came from TCL that K2 sales have crashed
    5) BBMo staff no longer employed

Am I leaving anything out?
    Drg84 likes this.
    09-30-19 03:25 PM
    Here is the tl;dr version:

1) Production has apparently halted
    2) Zero sign of Pie
    3) We have docs from other licencees showing a difference in opinion on payments
    4) Reports from some that supposedly came from TCL that K2 sales have crashed
    5) BBMo staff no longer employed

Am I leaving anything out?
    Thanks for your reply. To me, there's no word on anything (Pie, 10), but there's one word on a new device (Monet).

Perhaps they're waiting for Android 10.

Either way, I was just curious because I would be happy to purchase whatever they build.

In the meantime, I am fully invested into the Note 10 and accompany it with my KEY2 and Evolve.
    09-30-19 07:32 PM
    The "new device" Monet is just another rumor with no facts behind. All is speculation at this time. May be we know tomorrow or next year or whenever TCL/BBMo decide to give more Information.
    10-01-19 05:32 AM
    The "new device" Monet is just another rumor with no facts behind.
    It is more than just another rumor.

https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...bj100-1170217/

It vanished just as soon at it popped up on radar. Just like a UFO.
    10-01-19 09:19 AM
    It is more than just another rumor.

https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...bj100-1170217/

It vanished just as soon at it popped up on radar. Just like a UFO.
    There's been absolutely nothing new since, for what it's worth. Maybe it's in the same cancelled pile as the Evolve X.
    10-02-19 05:13 AM
    There's very good reasons for that: sales of PKB phones dropped off a cliff once the Galaxy S2 was released, and then REALLY when the S3 came out. Had sales been there, they'd have continued making them, but making things that don't sell is a great way to lose a lot of money.
    *cough* iPhone *cough*
    Last edited by chidoro42; 10-02-19 at 07:46 PM.
    10-02-19 08:29 AM
    *cough* iPhone *cough*
    With a Typo case?

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    10-02-19 11:22 AM
    iPhone did change the market as much as some don't like to admit it. But it wasn't alone. Galaxy, Droid, other androids that I'm sure I'm forgetting. Hardware manufacturers discovered that a plate of glass is cheaper than a keyboard or tons of buttons.
    10-03-19 04:14 PM
    .Hardware manufacturers discovered that a plate of glass is cheaper than a keyboard or tons of buttons.
    To the detriment of those who want more than just a plate of glass... however many there are left anyway
    10-06-19 01:07 PM