I have a passport and I'm going to upgrade to the silver key 2. Am I able to use my same sim and memory card or will I need to get a new one/reformat, etc?

Also I read there is a content manger that can switch from BB10 to android, it doesn't mention the password manger, does the android version have the BB password manager also? Will it download everything simply by logging in?

Also my AT&T plan specifies I have a blackberry device. If I recall correctly, at the time it was more expensive for some reason. Do the android versions also have to have a special plan, or was that specific to the BB OS?

Thanks in advance for any help. Sorry if these have been answered elsewhere.
    10-26-18 04:47 AM
    I have a passport and I'm going to upgrade to the silver key 2. Am I able to use my same sim and memory card or will I need to get a new one/reformat, etc?

Also I read there is a content manger that can switch from BB10 to android, it doesn't mention the password manger, does the android version have the BB password manager also? Will it download everything simply by logging in?

Also my AT&T plan specifies I have a blackberry device. If I recall correctly, at the time it was more expensive for some reason. Do the android versions also have to have a special plan, or was that specific to the BB OS?

Same exact sim, same memory card.

There should be no special "BlackBerry charge" with your carrier as this is an Android device, not BBOS. I'm surprised you even had the charge with your Passport as BB10 isn't reliant on BIS/BES.

As for Password Keeper, yes it's there on the KEY2 (and KEYone, LE).

However, I never used the content transfer app. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-26-18 05:15 AM

I believe you can create a backup file of the Password Keeper on your SD card and transfer the same to the KEY².
    But not quite sure.
    Maybe someone who has done it will be able to help.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-26-18 06:36 AM
    Same exact sim, same memory card.

There should be no special "BlackBerry charge" with your carrier as this is an Android device, not BBOS. I'm surprised you even had the charge with your Passport as BB10 isn't reliant on BIS/BES.

As for Password Keeper, yes it's there on the KEY2 (and KEYone, LE).

However, I never used the content transfer app. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this
    The content transfer app on the KeyOne/KeyTwo works fine with transfering from BB10 (and IOS and Android), but you cannot transfer the content of the password keeper!
    Sukiyaki and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    10-26-18 08:37 AM
    The content transfer app on the KeyOne/KeyTwo works fine with transfering from BB10 (and IOS and Android), but you cannot transfer the content of the password keeper!
    If all else fails, you can export your old Password Manager data into a spreadsheet, and then import it in the new phone. Just keep in mind that the data is insecure / exposed during the process.
    andy957, BigAl_BB9900 and Sukiyaki like this.
    10-26-18 12:01 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-26-18 12:43 PM
    You can export the Password Keeper data via the Settings then Import/Export option. Save it to your SD but be sure to email yourself a copy or save also on a cloud drive.
    When you start up the new Password Keeper on your Key2, import the old file and you'll be good.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-26-18 12:51 PM
    I also used the BlackBerry Content Transfer when moving from my Passport to my PRIV. You have to start the app on both phones, then select what you want transferred over
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-26-18 12:52 PM
    I used the Password Keeper last night.
    start off by going into the original Password Keeper and start the save to Cloud.

open the new Password Keeper and restore via cloud, put in the password you used on the original and the Password Keeper will load your existing account then you can shut off the cloud for security.
    Sukiyaki and hamilgs like this.
    10-26-18 03:41 PM
    Thanks I'm hoping it's this simple. I think this is what I did when switching from the z30 to the passport, but it's been a while so I wasn't sure.
    10-26-18 06:34 PM
    I've never had an android phone before, will I need to put on an antivirus, or is the BB security enough?
    10-26-18 06:35 PM
    You'll be fine without an antivirus.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-26-18 06:46 PM
    I agree with meattray, BlackBerry DTEK service will monitor your phone security
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-26-18 09:08 PM
    I've done it and all the suggestions are correct. Make a backup file save it in a couple safe places and use the same password you used on BB10 to import it to the android version of the App.

Enjoy
    AmritD and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    10-26-18 10:49 PM
    So my phone came this morning and I'm still setting it up. I like the feel of the phone- solid. Coming from the passport the keyboard is awkward, I think if I had come directly from the Palm Pre to this one I'd have no issues. Eventually I think I will like the keyboard better, but I just hate android. I needed so many apps that stopped functioning on BB10 or never worked properly like the Ring doorbell app and the phone was getting slow. Having the hub is comforting. I need a replacement app for slicktasks and recommendations for a barcode scanner. I haven't searched crackberry yet though, so if I can't figure out what I need, I'll come back and ask.

I thought I was going to have an issue with the passwords, it only imported 54 out of 195, but I redid it and they all imported. I don't like having to back up to google instead of blackberry cloud.

My case and the other accessories I purchased won't be here until tomorrow. As soon as I can figure out how to get the text tone from my palm pre back into my ringtones, I'll be happy.

The indicator light for texts come in as blue, I don't know if that is the phone default, or because it somehow imported the settings I had from the led settings on my passport. Is there a way to change the one for incoming/missed calls without downloading a led manager?

The selfie cam may not be better than other flagship phones, but it's better than what I had on the passport, so I'm satisfied.

I also have no problems with the space bar key. My build date was 20180704.
    10-27-18 01:18 PM

As soon as I can figure out how to get the text tone from my palm pre back into my ringtones, I'll be happy.

The indicator light for texts come in as blue, I don't know if that is the phone default, or because it somehow imported the settings I had from the led settings on my passport. Is there a way to change the one for incoming/missed calls without downloading a led manager?
    First of all welcome to the Key² world!

You'll get used to the keyboard, I loved my Passport, but I did go to a slab android phone so I got used to the smaller form factor to type upon, and after time you get faster on the smaller key board.

As for your Palm Pre notifications, there is a free app called Zedge, this has many notifications, ring tones, screen savers and more... highly recommend you checking out that application.

The LED notifications for text is blue, not sure if you can change it or not, but you can change the other accounts like email LED colour notifications by going to the: Hub » Settings » open each account separately to change the notification colour at the bottom of each account setting
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    10-27-18 02:27 PM
    Thanks. I located the ringtone in the folders that was transferred and copied it to the notifications folder, so I have the sound I wanted. I just have to find the alarm sound on my blackberry so I can do the same for it. None of the ones on this phone are annoying enough.

The phone is growing on me, I just hate android...lol. Unfortunately it's necessary to use the apps I want to use. My case came today. I messed up a bit applying the supershieldz, but its not annoying enough to want to try it again. I think there are some places that will do it for you, I'll have to see if that is an option.

I have a brother who has never used a computer, only uses the android tablet I bought him, and his cellphone is one of the rugged flip phones. He now wants my phone....lol...

Seems he has been a bit jealous of the others whom he works with being able to speak commands into their phones. Sooo hopefully they have some good deals around BlackFriday, because it looks like that is going to be his Christmas present. I was hoping for a phone with a bigger screen and keyboard for him. He needs really rugged protection though. I'm glad the frame on this is solid, but I'll have to find a really good case for him if I get him a key2.
    cdnynot likes this.
    10-28-18 03:21 PM
    When I double tap the space bar to add a period, it works, but it puts a space between the last character and the period. It also doesn't work in all fields. For example, I'm using the Opera browser, it works when I'm making a reply but not on the address bar. Is there a fix for this?
    10-31-18 06:01 PM
    When I double tap the space bar to add a period, it works, but it puts a space between the last character and the period. It also doesn't work in all fields. For example, I'm using the Opera browser, it works when I'm making a reply but not on the address bar. Is there a fix for this?
    I also have the double tap the spacebar to add period, and the space is always added after the period. For me there is no space between the last word and the period.
    Sukiyaki and AmritD like this.
    10-31-18 07:21 PM
    I also have the double tap the spacebar to add period, and the space is always added after the period. For me there is no space between the last word and the period.
    Same for me as well...

Bob
    11-01-18 02:01 PM

I changed from Q10 and I was NOT able to use the SD card (it was formated by first start) on KEYᵒⁿᵉ. So it would better to save extern and copy back.
    11-01-18 02:09 PM
    Step 1: Click on the Hub.
    Step 2: Click on the three lines on the far left of the screen (Next to the word Hub)
    Step 3: Click on Settingss
    Step 4: Under Accounts click on Call Logs (or whichever form of notification you would like to set a color for).
    Step 5: Click on Account color and select the color you want.

I hope this helps.
    11-03-18 11:28 PM