Two questions I've got about my key 2 that I've not heard much about (maybe it's here on the forum but im not on much)... AT&T has been actively shutting off sims that are used with phones that don't support Volte.. does the Key 2 support any type of Volte? if not then all key 2s will stop working February 2022...

Another question i have is regarding screen replacement.. is there anywhere i can get the glass replaced on my Key 2? I'm outta warenty like everyone else and don't care if I have to pay for it out of pocket.. blackberry won't do the repairs because the phone is no longer in production and they aren't manufacturing parts for it.. I don't know if anyone around here can do it and if I want it fixed with genuine parts I'll have to buy another key 2 that has a dead mainbored and working screen to do the repairs... Any suggestions for what to do?
    04-20-21 04:42 PM
    Two questions I've got about my key 2 that I've not heard much about (maybe it's here on the forum but im not on much)... AT&T has been actively shutting off sims that are used with phones that don't support Volte.. does the Key 2 support any type of Volte? if not then all key 2s will stop working February 2022...

Another question i have is regarding screen replacement.. is there anywhere i can get the glass replaced on my Key 2? I'm outta warenty like everyone else and don't care if I have to pay for it out of pocket.. blackberry won't do the repairs because the phone is no longer in production and they aren't manufacturing parts for it.. I don't know if anyone around here can do it and if I want it fixed with genuine parts I'll have to buy another key 2 that has a dead mainbored and working screen to do the repairs... Any suggestions for what to do?
    The KEY² supports VoLTE, but AT&T typically only allows it to function on phones sold through them - which the KEY² was not.
    Last edited by conite; 04-20-21 at 06:31 PM.
    04-20-21 05:36 PM

I would just buy a replacement LCD assembly on eBay.
    04-20-21 06:07 PM
    The KEY² supports VoLTE, but AT&T typically only allows it to function on phones sold through them - which the KEY² was not.
    Ok if that's the case I'll be retiring my Key² at rhe end of the year.. I don't get any useable T-Mobile in my area so I'll say goodbuy to the Key² as a phone
    04-21-21 12:00 AM
    all providers have whitelisting of some sort rolling out so the proprietary EXTENDED VOLTE firmware isn't on older devices. it will become a dead horse soon enough.
    04-21-21 06:06 AM
    Ok if that's the case I'll be retiring my Key² at rhe end of the year.. I don't get any useable T-Mobile in my area so I'll say goodbuy to the Key² as a phone
    I suspect it will continue to work.... but it's a risk that comes with using devices that aren't approved.

The screen... I expect OEM is the only one who made that display. Order and do it yourself or go to most any repair shop and get a quote and warranty info.

Putting money into any three year old phone.... would have to think about that.
    04-21-21 03:30 PM
    I don't know if they have a location in your area, but this place might be able to help with the repair. https://www.ubreakifix.com
    05-16-21 08:58 PM