Announcement on allowing additional phones onto their ecosystem. I applaud this. But with the Key2 not seemingly permitting WiFi calling on TMO I'm wondering if this will happen for use on Project/Google Fi? TMO is the default MVNO for their system of carriers if not on WiFi.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/28/...oject-official
    11-28-18 02:38 PM
    I was hoping they would have added BlackBerry devices as well, but eh, no such luck yet.
    john_v likes this.
    11-28-18 07:37 PM
    They are reporting the ability to get MMS on iOS however it is seemingly disabled/not working on the Key2. Not sure where to change the MMSC, etc. So far that has been the only downside to putting an activated Fi SIM the Key2. Calls and SMS work fine but MMS no. Of course I've given up on WiFi calling....sigh
    11-29-18 10:11 AM
    You can always use hangouts linked to google voice for wifi calling. You get a free number. This is if you live in the US. The phone number is free and the pictures/mms messages are also free.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-29-18 12:12 PM
    there's a better chance of an REO Speedwagon comeback
    11-29-18 12:47 PM
    I was hoping they would have added BlackBerry devices as well, but eh, no such luck yet.
    @Bla1ze Do the newer BlackBerry's have the built-in capabilities for switching networks automatically? (At least that's my understanding of the biggest requirement - could be wrong though)
    11-30-18 07:01 AM
    @Bla1ze Do the newer BlackBerry's have the built-in capabilities for switching networks automatically? (At least that's my understanding of the biggest requirement - could be wrong though)
    Sure, it's just a regular hand-off process. No different than bouncing from tower-to-tower as you drive down the road. If anything I'd say the lack of WiFi calling working across the board would be a bigger problem.
    john_v likes this.
    11-30-18 01:34 PM
    I don't think the newer BlackBerrys actually switch between T-Mobile and non-T-Mobile towers. Hopefully I'm wrong?

I just switched a KEY2 onto Google Fi and SMS, calls, and visual voicemail are all working flawlessly. (I had to tell Google I was using a Samsung S7: Unlocked so that I'd get a proper nano SIM.)
    12-26-18 05:37 PM
    I don't think the newer BlackBerrys actually switch between T-Mobile and non-T-Mobile towers. Hopefully I'm wrong?

I just switched a KEY2 onto Google Fi and SMS, calls, and visual voicemail are all working flawlessly. (I had to tell Google I was using a Samsung S7: Unlocked so that I'd get a proper nano SIM.)
    Is that limitations of Fi being T-Mobile and Sprint and Key2 or Key2 LE lacking compatibility with Sprint?
    12-26-18 08:47 PM