Hey everyone. I sold a year ago my Blackberry key2 LE. Nowdays I would like to have it again, or at least have the normal version, Key2, but it was surprising for me, found that the prices on those devices went crazy!! Seriously, 450€ for a second-hand key2 LE on a famous spanish shop. But also looking on ebay... Wow,people asking 1.000€ for the key2 LE. What is going on???? The prices are soo big and they are not even the expensive version (Key2)

I guess that this happens cause Blackberry broke up with TCL and there is any place where you can buy it "officially".

Tell me if you know something about it, and what do you think about it.
    04-02-21 05:00 PM
    Hey everyone. I sold a year ago my Blackberry key2 LE. Nowdays I would like to have it again, or at least have the normal version, Key2, but it was surprising for me, found that the prices on those devices went crazy!! Seriously, 450€ for a second-hand key2 LE on a famous spanish shop. But also looking on ebay... Wow,people asking 1.000€ for the key2 LE. What is going on???? The prices are soo big and they are not even the expensive version (Key2)

I guess that this happens cause Blackberry broke up with TCL and there is any place where you can buy it "officially".

Tell me if you know something about it, and what do you think about it.
    It's because TCL hasn't made any for a long time, and they didn't quite make enough it seems.
    The majority of the few that are left have collectors prices attached to them. If you're sly you might be able to find a deal of some sort.
    04-02-21 06:20 PM
    TCL made too many, actually - the proof is that it took them 3 years to sell through the production of K2/K2LE phones, even though they only made around 150,000 of them total.

The high price of the few that remain is just a function of PKB people being hardcore (though not especially numerous). If there were newer PKB phones out, those old K2/K2LEs would be worth next to nothing, but without a replacement, they've become very valuable to a very small pool of buyers.
    John Albert likes this.
    04-04-21 04:08 PM
    TCL made too many, actually - the proof is that it took them 3 years to sell through the production of K2/K2LE phones, even though they only made around 150,000 of them total.

The high price of the few that remain is just a function of PKB people being hardcore (though not especially numerous). If there were newer PKB phones out, those old K2/K2LEs would be worth next to nothing, but without a replacement, they've become very valuable to a very small pool of buyers.
    If you check eBay now, you will see just 63 listings of both Key2 and Key2 LE devices combined. You will also see that the asking prices are out of this world; and although some of those that are on auction will be sold, the majority won't. Even for a hardcore BB PKB fan, these prices are a no go.
    04-05-21 02:06 PM
    If you check eBay now, you will see just 63 listings of both Key2 and Key2 LE devices combined. You will also see that the asking prices are out of this world; and although some of those that are on auction will be sold, the majority won't. Even for a hardcore BB PKB fan, these prices are a no go.
    And they don't expect everyone to buy one.... they are waiting for someone like Jamal Crawford to break their phone and pay "anything" to replace it. In the end they aren't making any more.

Not sure a Chinese kickstarter like Unheritz will ever make it to main stream or be viewed as safe by consumers. But Onward Mobility with BlackBerry's branding ("surly BlackBerry stands behind it" they'll think) would be acceptable to many.... if it's a good phone and a not to high premium. But my guess is OM prices will mae $699 for a KEY2 LE look good....

GoTALKUSA still has some collectables.... even the DTEK60 for collectors that might have missed it.
    04-05-21 02:18 PM
    they only made around 150,000 of them total.
    That's your personal guess, not fact.
    saint300 and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-05-21 02:21 PM
    That's your personal guess, not fact.
    350k-450k is the max for both KEY² and KEY² LE combined. The ratio, from everything seen here, is about 3:1.

So 100k is probably within the margin of error for the LE alone.

About a million KEYone and Motions were sold (combined).
    Last edited by conite; 04-05-21 at 05:19 PM.
    04-05-21 02:26 PM
    350k-450k is the max for both KEY² and KEY² LE combined. The ratio, from everything seen here, is about 3:1.

So 100k is probably within the margin of error for the LE alone.

About a million KEYone and Motions were sold (combined).
    Source? Genuinely just curious.
    04-05-21 05:45 PM
    Source? Genuinely just curious.
    A little birdy.

But it's also been confirmed by a few rumours.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-05-21 05:52 PM
    But Onward Mobility with BlackBerry's branding ("surly BlackBerry stands behind it" they'll think) would be acceptable to many....
    Seems a bit lofty. Who are these "many?" People in general? People on here?
    04-05-21 06:08 PM
    Seems a bit lofty. Who are these "many?" People in general? People on here?
    People on here.....

I expect 100K to be the max OM could move of these, as I don't think the price is going to be "reasonable" in the minds of most here. Wouldn't be surprised if they are working on the basis of 25K units, but that's still many compared to what Unihertz is doing.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-06-21 07:19 AM
    Yup. I'm about to sell an unopened one since ATT will be dropping them in the next year. I love my Red but it will be a brick in nine months or less
    04-08-21 03:34 PM
    Yup. I'm about to sell an unopened one since ATT will be dropping them in the next year. I love my Red but it will be a brick in nine months or less
    I don't think it'll be a brick with T-Mobile...or anywhere else in the world.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-08-21 06:35 PM
    TM not that great where I live. AT&T far better in my area
    04-08-21 06:43 PM
    What area do you live in? AT&T and T-Mobile share a lot of towers. I am in Northern California and travel throughout CA with dang near zero issues. Same in Reno, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, Denver, Utah to name a few. Took the California Zypher with my son last summer and had good signal even in many of the more obscure places. I switched in '15 after 15 years as a corporate Big Blue user and have never looked back

T-Mobile seems to be leading the way in 5G as well. Sometimes they will provide a free SIM to give the network a trial.
    04-08-21 06:56 PM
    It’s similar around me too. I believe part of the problem is TMO bands like 66 were part of a later coverage expansion and many devices seem to lack.

My BlackBerry Motion coverage was pretty comparable AT&T versus T-Mobile but KEYone on T-Mobile in my area was abysmal but great where TMO seemed to be pushing on band 4 instead. Many places that coverage suffers with any carrier is when a competitor has customer base in place and sees little return doing upgrades. Rollout 5G may and should alter some coverage footprints.
    04-08-21 09:47 PM