Hey p1800nut,
    Just to be clear, It uses data for regular calling? or are you talking it using my internet(from my net provider)?
    T-Mo offers two different devices. One is a "repeater" and has a unit that typically sits by a window to communicate with a T-Mo tower, and then sends that signal to another unit elsewhere in your house that re-broadcasts the amplified signal throughout your house. It works only if the window unit can get a decent signal, and in my experience even then was pretty worthless.

T-Mo then gave me their second option, a device which connects to your router and acts as a mini-tower that your phone connects to instead of connecting to a normal tower. I got very mixed stories from their website and from CSRs about whether it uses data from your data plan, so I had it linked to one of my numbers that has unlimited data. (The last CSR insisted that wasn't necessary, but I decided to play it safe.) What it definitely does do is use data on your ISP plan, but since Century Link doesn't enforce their data cap, I've had no problems. (If you use it solely for voice calls, I can't imagine that would used much data either way. I was more worried that my kid might use it instead of wireless to watch videos, etc.)

Bottom line is that I now have great coverage in my house, at no apparent significant cost.
    09-20-18 12:39 AM
    Hey p1800nut,
    Just to be clear, It uses data for regular calling? or are you talking it using my internet(from my net provider)?
    It uses the internet connection in your home.
    09-20-18 02:29 AM
    Jcrutch, i've tried it and each time I select fastboot, it goes back to the main bootloader menus. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    09-21-18 08:46 PM
    Jcrutch, i've tried twice, both times my phone keeps going back to bootloader screen and computer message pops up "invalid windows application" . I've gotta be doing something wrong
    09-21-18 10:35 PM
    cellspot is no solution. it needs a wired internet connection and isn't meant to travel.
    09-21-18 11:23 PM
    cellspot is no solution. it needs a wired internet connection and isn't meant to travel.
    It is a solution for people that cant get a good cell connection in their home. Just curious, where are you getting a wifi connection on the go?
    09-21-18 11:54 PM
    Just curious, where are you getting a wifi connection on the go?
    How about everywhere? When I travel I use wifi-calling all the time. Airports; in flight on airlines; restaurants; hotels... everybody has wifi available.
    09-22-18 04:01 AM
    How about everywhere? When I travel I use wifi-calling all the time. Airports; in flight on airlines; restaurants; hotels... everybody has wifi available.
    First of all, I travel a lot and not everywhere has free wifi, there are places like mc donalds and starbucks that have wifi but you need to pretty much be inside to use it, others may require a password. Second, if your cell network is bad literally everywhere, not having wifi calling probably isn't the problem, your carrier is. Most of the people Iv talked to use wifi calling in buildings/home where the signal might be cut short. Which is why I said signal boosters could be a possible solution. The alternative is nothing, unless you both have something to add.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    09-22-18 04:32 AM
    First of all, I travel a lot and not everywhere has free wifi, there are places like mc donalds and starbucks that have wifi but you need to pretty much be inside to use it, others may require a password. Second, if your cell network is bad literally everywhere, not having wifi calling probably isn't the problem, your carrier is. Most of the people Iv talked to use wifi calling in buildings/home where the signal might be cut short. Which is why I said signal boosters could be a possible solution. The alternative is nothing, unless you both have something to add.
    Carriers are dropping support of the Femto solution in favor of WiFi calling for variety of reasons. As far as WiFi goes, it’s free in more places than before and doesn’t change the fact that femtos aren’t meant for travel. I’ve depended on the solution for years and I’m unhappy it’s going away. Unfortunately, it’s going away for the carriers because of the support costs. It’s cheaper and easier for the carriers to rely on WiFi calling with supported devices.
    09-22-18 05:39 AM
    I have Vonage VOIP for my home and the Vonage app allows me to call using wi fi. I use the app every time I travel overseas. I know most people today no longer have any type of phone service in their homes but I'm old school, I need something. ha ha
    09-22-18 06:35 AM
    I travel Europe, Middle East, and obviously the USA. I have very few issues with wifi. It's everywhere, mostly free and easy to access. And wifi-calling rarley cuts out. If at all. Did and hour-long conference call from Kazakhstan once using wifi-calling, a Z10 and hotel wifi. No dropped signal. Use it at home 24/7,

My son is with AT&T using a signal booster which was a lot of trouble. Now he's on wifi-calling. Which works. I have a Motion, my wife a KeyOne. She wanted a Key2, but we waiting and when BBMo pooched wifi-calling... we gave the phone a pass.
    09-22-18 07:49 AM
    I travel Europe, Middle East, and obviously the USA. I have very few issues with wifi. It's everywhere, mostly free and easy to access. And wifi-calling rarley cuts out. If at all. Did and hour-long conference call from Kazakhstan once using wifi-calling, a Z10 and hotel wifi. No dropped signal. Use it at home 24/7,

My son is with AT&T using a signal booster which was a lot of trouble. Now he's on wifi-calling. Which works. I have a Motion, my wife a KeyOne. She wanted a Key2, but we waiting and when BBMo pooched wifi-calling... we gave the phone a pass.
    I don't see how any of this information is relevant to the thread. Obviously wifi calling is better than a signal booster. Still doesn't change the fact that the key2 doesn't have wifi calling. Just to repeat myself, a possible solution for the key2's nonexistent wifi calling. If you read the OP, this thread is meant for people who are looking for a stationary solution.
    Last edited by Jubbers; 09-22-18 at 01:48 PM.
    09-22-18 01:36 PM
    Carriers are dropping support of the Femto solution in favor of WiFi calling for variety of reasons. As far as WiFi goes, it’s free in more places than before and doesn’t change the fact that femtos aren’t meant for travel. I’ve depended on the solution for years and I’m unhappy it’s going away. Unfortunately, it’s going away for the carriers because of the support costs. It’s cheaper and easier for the carriers to rely on WiFi calling with supported devices.
    I called T-Mobile and they aren't dropping the cellspot v2 any time soon. In a few years if they do drop support for it there are a lot of signal boosters out there for home/car. I think we all established that wifi calling is better, this thread is a possible solution for people that can't get good signal while stationary. If you haven't already id tell you to read the OP, it seems like a lot of people commenting haven't bothered to read it.
    09-22-18 01:47 PM
    I called T-Mobile and they aren't dropping the cellspot v2 any time soon. In a few years if they do drop support for it there are a lot of signal boosters out there for home/car. I think we all established that wifi calling is better, this thread is a possible solution for people that can't get good signal while stationary. If you haven't already id tell you to read the OP, it seems like a lot of people commenting haven't bothered to read it.
    My understanding is that if the carrier drops support then femtos won’t function as it needs carrier support to function, hence the reason AT&T warned me about purchasing from third party. If there’s something different, I’m not familiar with it’s existence. The link for the device you gave me before requires carrier support.

All I know is that I got one about month before carrier stopped offering and was told last devices sold were 12/31/2017. Since device carries one year warranty, I was told service could end anytime after 12/31/2018 and that’s not firm but probable. Good luck on longer terms with T-Mobile.. Search for posts in threads by markmall, he’d posted some other links for boosters few months ago but they were expensive.
    09-22-18 02:16 PM
    My understanding is that if the carrier drops support then femtos won’t function as it needs carrier support to function, hence the reason AT&T warned me about purchasing from third party. If there’s something different, I’m not familiar with it’s existence. The link for the device you gave me before requires carrier support.

All I know is that I got one about month before carrier stopped offering and was told last devices sold were 12/31/2017. Since device carries one year warranty, I was told service could end anytime after 12/31/2018 and that’s not firm but probable. Good luck on longer terms with T-Mobile.. Search for posts in threads by markmall, he’d posted some other links for boosters few months ago but they were expensive.
    Im not 100% certain about needing support, to my understanding the signal booster amplifys the signal from cell tower -> signal booster -> phone. As long as the signal booster supports the bands you use for your phone and carrier(both are specific to phone and carrier) it should work. But like I said I haven't confirmed this information with T-Mobile.

I do know that the cellspotv2(T-Mobiles signal booster), isn't going away any time soon. It requires support because its the T-Mobile branded signal booster and doesn't work as traditional signal boosters work(most don't use internet to boost signal, outside antenna
    -> inside antenna -> phone). Cellspot v2, connects to ISP -> boosts signal to phone(mini phone tower in house).

Sorry to hear your carrier wont have it, but on the plus side you have more bands with your key2. AT&T has 1900, 700, 2300 and 2100 bands for 4G LTE. T-Mobile has 1900 and 700 for 4G LTE on the key2.
    09-22-18 02:33 PM
    I have T-Mobile with the "one" plan. Included with the plan is "Digits." I have downloaded the Digits app from T-Mobile, registered my primary phone number, and now I can use the app to place WiFi calls using my primary number when I do not have any T-Mobile cellular service available. I can also send and receive text messages. The only downside for me so far to this alternative is that the messages sent with the digits app, do not sync with the messages app on my Key2. I do prefer having the built in WiFi calling working over using the digits app and I have sent an email to Blackberry Mobile expressing my frustration.
    09-22-18 02:37 PM
    Im not 100% certain about needing support, to my understanding the signal booster amplifys the signal from cell tower -> signal booster -> phone. As long as the signal booster supports the bands you use for your phone and carrier(both are specific to phone and carrier) it should work. But like I said I haven't confirmed this information with T-Mobile.

I do know that the cellspotv2(T-Mobiles signal booster), isn't going away any time soon. It requires support because its the T-Mobile branded signal booster and doesn't work as traditional signal boosters work(most don't use internet to boost signal, outside antenna
    -> inside antenna -> phone). Cellspot v2, connects to ISP -> boosts signal to phone(mini phone tower in house).

Sorry to hear your carrier wont have it, but on the plus side you have more bands with your key2. AT&T has 1900, 700, 2300 and 2100 bands for 4G LTE. T-Mobile has 1900 and 700 for 4G LTE on the key2.
    The v2 is what I was referring to for requiring support. The signal booster is something to discuss with markmall... I believe he discussed on a thread here few months ago.
    09-22-18 02:50 PM
    Yep probably needs latest fastboot files. My fault packaging. Replace the host folder with the one I'll dm you shortly. Give me 5 mins
    09-22-18 03:49 PM
    Yep probably needs latest fastboot files. My fault packaging. Replace the host folder with the one I'll dm you shortly. Give me 5 mins
    https://mega.nz/#!QR0F0IQL!vtKo2bjBA...bNmnclskIyiRew

replace the hosts folder with this and try again. should solve your problem.
    09-22-18 03:54 PM
    I have T-Mobile with the "one" plan. Included with the plan is "Digits." I have downloaded the Digits app from T-Mobile, registered my primary phone number, and now I can use the app to place WiFi calls using my primary number when I do not have any T-Mobile cellular service available. I can also send and receive text messages. The only downside for me so far to this alternative is that the messages sent with the digits app, do not sync with the messages app on my Key2. I do prefer having the built in WiFi calling working over using the digits app and I have sent an email to Blackberry Mobile expressing my frustration.
    Interesting, Ive never heard of it. I don't have the one plan, my plan is super old and isn't offered anymore. Does the app have to be open to call/receive wifi calls?
    09-22-18 04:02 PM
    The Digits app does not need to be open to receive WiFi calls or texts. It will send notifications when closed. It just needs to be "signed in." After you register the app, there is a switch to turn it on and off as needed.
    09-22-18 04:57 PM
    Jcrutch, same thing happened again. The message I get says Loader is not valid for this device. Any idea?
    Attached Thumbnails A Possible solution for KEY2's nonexistent wifi calling-1857.jpg  
    09-22-18 07:06 PM
    Jcrutch, same thing happened again. The message I get says Loader is not valid for this device. Any idea?
    Try running without admin or as admin.
    09-22-18 07:25 PM
    Ivan, non administrator on phone or PC? I've never done anything like this before, and it seems complicated 🤔
    09-22-18 07:28 PM
    Ivan, non administrator on phone or PC? I've never done anything like this before, and it seems complicated
    Right click on the file and open as administrator
    09-22-18 08:32 PM
129 1234 ...