Hi guys,
    So, wifi calling is not possible on the key2(just read forums for why). The problem is I NEED wifi calling considering of how bad my cell reception is in my apartment/workplace.

Iv actually been digging for the past few days and apparently theirs these things called signal boosters. Basically boost signal of your cell service(cell service needed outside). My current cell company is T-mobile and they offer signal boosters as well as this thing called cellspot V1 and V2(which are also a type of signal booster).

Has anybody tried something like this?(this is my last try, in the hopes of being able to use/buy a bbk2 in the house). Not looking for speculation, just looking for facts.
    09-18-18 02:26 AM
    These things may help improve your cell service for sure. They won't allow wifi calling to start working. Sorry if that isn't what you were asking? I have used the cellspot in the past and it seemed to do the trick at my house where signal was pretty weak.

These things would also make WFC more reliable on T-Mobile if the build on your device allowed it to be enabled. The problem is, all builds since ABA044 have not had wifi-calling enabled. Hoping TMobile+all other parties involved get wifi-calling enabled again soon.
    09-18-18 07:01 AM
    Hi guys,
    So, wifi calling is not possible on the key2(just read forums for why). The problem is I NEED wifi calling considering of how bad my cell reception is in my apartment/workplace.

Iv actually been digging for the past few days and apparently theirs these things called signal boosters. Basically boost signal of your cell service(cell service needed outside). My current cell company is T-mobile and they offer signal boosters as well as this thing called cellspot V1 and V2(which are also a type of signal booster).

Has anybody tried something like this?(this is my last try, in the hopes of being able to use/buy a bbk2 in the house). Not looking for speculation, just looking for facts.
    I’ve used the AT&T version Femtos since 2010 until my second one broke few months ago. With AT&T, Femto hardware is no longer sold as of 12/31/2017 and support will probably end 12/31/2018 because of switch to WiFi calling support with updated technology. Also, this moves traffic over to internet or so explained to me. Either way, WiFi calling is the replacement and carriers don’t seem to support all factory unlocked or carrier locked devices.

The point of my response is that all carriers appear to be eventually dropping support for the boosters. I could buy AT&T Femto online from third party. I was told by more than one CSR not to waste the money. I own AT&T carrier sold and supported KEYone that also doesn’t have WiFi calling but should. The CSRs didn’t want to make a bad situation worse hence telling me full story about the Femtos.
    09-18-18 07:20 AM
    Hi guys,

In my opinion the Key2 is not even all that the keyboard is a mess. The KEYone on the other hand seems to be working on t-mobile wifi and that keyboard is not as screwed up as the key2! I would get a black edition or bronze edition KEYone or wait for the Key2 LE if I would have known I'll be having so many keyboard related problems and no WIFI CALLING/TEXT I have horrible connection at my work place but I get through with messenger and whatsapp for now.
    09-18-18 08:52 AM
    You could try using Fongo
    edit: Never mind - only works in Canada
    09-18-18 09:56 AM
    I've had an ATT Microcell since I've been in this place since the cell signal is weak at-best. I believe It actually IS wif-fi calling as it uses broadband signals. Since I just got an unbranded K2, if ATT shuts down the service at YE as announced, I'll just switch carriers.
    09-18-18 10:14 AM
    I've had an ATT Microcell since I've been in this place since the cell signal is weak at-best. I believe It actually IS wif-fi calling as it uses broadband signals. Since I just got an unbranded K2, if ATT shuts down the service at YE as announced, I'll just switch carriers.
    It’s not WiFi calling. The Femto uses broadband but connects to AT&T mobile network differently than WiFi. Changing providers only helps if another carrier has better coverage. Since WiFi calling isn’t option with any carrier in USA with Key2, I’ll be stuck with supported AT&T device...
    09-18-18 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the comments guys. Just to be clear, since I cant use wifi calling on the key 2(nobody can), I was looking for an alternative(really want to use the key2 but cant at home/work due to signal problems). Like some other people said the way a signal booster works is it takes the signal from outside and boosts it indoors to enhance cell service if you're having bad connection problems through walls, copper pipes, etc.

Im thinking of investing in the cellspotv2 for T-Mobile because my cell service is good around my house, just not inside(through walls). Just wanted to note that if your cell service is generally bad in your area the signal booster might not help you.
    09-18-18 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the comments guys. Just to be clear, since I cant use wifi calling on the key 2(nobody can), I was looking for an alternative(really want to use the key2 but cant at home/work due to signal problems). Like some other people said the way a signal booster works is it takes the signal from outside and boosts it indoors to enhance cell service if you're having bad connection problems through walls, copper pipes, etc.

Im thinking of investing in the cellspotv2 for T-Mobile because my cell service is good around my house, just not inside(through walls). Just wanted to note that if your cell service is generally bad in your area the signal booster might not help you.
    Not sure if you’re describing Femto hardware. Unfortunately, for the price, effort and uncertainty of success, a proven WiFi supported device may be the only realistic solution. I haven’t been without BB device since about 2003-2004.
    09-18-18 01:39 PM

If you desperately need wifi calling and are on t-mobile, it works on ABA044 which was the launch build. If you don't mind being a bit behind on security updates you can live on that via autoloader and see if the next build or two fixes wfc. Not a great solution, I know. That being said, I don't notice much difference other than the camera from the latest builds.
    09-18-18 01:48 PM
    Not sure if you’re describing Femto hardware. Unfortunately, for the price, effort and uncertainty of success, a proven WiFi supported device may be the only realistic solution. I haven’t been without BB device since about 2003-2004.
    No, the Femto is a type of signal booster but not every signal booster is the same. The signal booster that im talking about is the cellspot v2 and it comes directly from my carrier(T-Mobile). It does seem to support the bands that I need(Band 2 LTE 1900 MHz). I would have to call customer support to see if it truly supports the key2 but from the info I gathered it should work(Im hoping).

If you or anybody has T-Mobile and is interested in the cellspot v2:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36766
    09-18-18 01:50 PM
    I checked out your link. Femto is a generic term. Your T-Mobile version and my AT&T version are same type Femto device just programmed with bands for different carriers. Not sure if T-Mobile ever improved but AT&T set up for approved list to keep others from accessing your signal.
    No, the Femto is a type of signal booster but not every signal booster is the same. The signal booster that im talking about is the cellspot v2 and it comes directly from my carrier(T-Mobile). It does seem to support the bands that I need(Band 2 LTE 1900 MHz). I would have to call customer support to see if it truly supports the key2 but from the info I gathered it should work(Im hoping).

If you or anybody has T-Mobile and is interested in the cellspot v2:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36766
    09-18-18 02:06 PM
    I checked out your link. Femto is a generic term. Your T-Mobile version and my AT&T version are same type Femto device just programmed with bands for different carriers. Not sure if T-Mobile ever improved but AT&T set up for approved list to keep others from accessing your signal.
    Im not really understanding why it wouldn't work. Are you saying that ill be fine talking with other people that use the T-Mobile but not AT&T(due to the different bands)?

Im not sure what approved list is or why it would keep people from accessing my signal?
    09-18-18 02:39 PM
    how do you use autoloader to get that previous build?
    09-18-18 02:46 PM
    If you desperately need wifi calling and are on t-mobile, it works on ABA044 which was the launch build. If you don't mind being a bit behind on security updates you can live on that via autoloader and see if the next build or two fixes wfc. Not a great solution, I know. That being said, I don't notice much difference other than the camera from the latest builds.
    Jcrutch, i've never done that before, is it complicated to do? I would definitely try that to get wifi calling back
    09-18-18 04:20 PM
    Im not really understanding why it wouldn't work. Are you saying that ill be fine talking with other people that use the T-Mobile but not AT&T(due to the different bands)?

Im not sure what approved list is or why it would keep people from accessing my signal?
    According to reviews of T-Mobile versions, anybody on T-Mobile can access your minitower because there’s no limiting access. On my AT&T version, before AT&T device could access minitower, I had to add the device to approved list. My next door neighbor on AT&T isn’t able to use the boosted signal for their benefit. With either my AT&T or your T-Mobile version, you’re actually creating actual minitower version of carrier tower.

The one review that I read listing the issue of customer access said that if you lived in a building with many fellow T-Mobile customers for instance, you’d be sharing and dividing strength of your signal with other customers if you’re the only person with T-Mobile signal booster.

Like any mobile tower getting overloaded, you could end up with less than desired results. Bigger issues seems to be that carriers are getting away from supporting these solutions and supporting WiFi calling instead.

Since T-Mobile is still offering devices for sale, you have at least one year of service. AT&T dropped 12/31/2017 so their support is only guaranteed until 12/31/2018 and I was politely warned not to waste cash buying from third party. If booster can’t be purchased from T-Mobile, it’s a red flag that support for booster will be ending as early as 12 months later.
    09-18-18 04:37 PM
    Jcrutch, i've never done that before, is it complicated to do? I would definitely try that to get wifi calling back
    it isn't complicated at all. I'm re-uploading it now and will share a link with instructions as soon as it's done.
    09-18-18 05:57 PM
    I have never used the cellspot specifically, but have used carrier-supplied signal boosters in the past.

The cellspot would definitely work with the key2. It does not require any specific software on the device - it basically is like putting a mini cell tower in your house. Any device whatsoever that can make calls on the T-Mobile network (for example outdoors with good signal) can also make calls through the cellspot.

All you have to do is plug the cellspot into your router, and it will instantly create a strong T-Mobile 3g and 4g signal in your house.
    09-18-18 06:41 PM
    This is the autoloader for T-Mobile USA only ABA044. Unzip the file. plug your device into your pc. Power off your device. Press and hold power and volume down until you see the blackberry bootloader menu. Then you just need to execute flashall.bat (or flashallnowipe.bat if you want to keep your userdata). Let me know if you have any questions. https://mega.nz/#!lQlziQxY!f6tr_e5ZG...V2PUilwl4Q6xfQ
    09-18-18 07:08 PM
    Also, to enable wifi calling, the easiest way is just to use quickshortcutmaker from google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtcut&hl=en_US The wifi-calling setting is under the phone services dropdown once you open that app.
    09-18-18 07:12 PM
    So the camera won't be as good with that version, but WFC will work, thanks!
    09-18-18 08:47 PM
    Key2 AKA the BBMo Compromise
    09-18-18 08:48 PM
    I use the T-Mobile cellspot and it works great--solved my coverage issues very well. Of course, it shifts your usage to your internet, so if you're in an area with lots of other T-Mo users, I suppose it could risk hitting your internet cap.

It's also FREE--just let T-Mo know your coverage is bad and they'll provide it to you. So you might as well give it a try and see if it works for you.
    09-19-18 12:27 AM
    I use the T-Mobile cellspot and it works great--solved my coverage issues very well. Of course, it shifts your usage to your internet, so if you're in an area with lots of other T-Mo users, I suppose it could risk hitting your internet cap.

It's also FREE--just let T-Mo know your coverage is bad and they'll provide it to you. So you might as well give it a try and see if it works for you.
    Hey p1800nut,
    Just to be clear, It uses data for regular calling? or are you talking it using my internet(from my net provider)?
    09-19-18 01:21 AM
    Magic Jack?
    09-19-18 09:21 AM
129 123 ...