View Poll Results: How do you feel about your Key2?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it!

11 50.00%
  • Like it!

5 22.73%
  • Ambivalent (meh, it's okay.)

3 13.64%
  • Don't like it

0 0%
  • Hate it!

1 4.55%
  • Don't have one/don't know why I am answering.

2 9.09%
Yesterday 12:21 AM
68 123
tools
    There seem to be some people that their only purpose of posting here is to slam the Key2/Manufacturer/Blackberry.

I suspect most people that own the Key2 rather like it but I could be delusional.

How do you feel about your Key2?

..Tom
    11-10-18 12:46 PM
    I voted "Like it" because I'm fond of the hardware (from keyboard to battery and frame), but the software is far from mature. I come from MIUI and am used to laugh at Samsung and Apple owners because the former has a sluggish bloated OS with no real advantages, and the latter is vendor locked. Tables have turned now that I own a BlackBerry though, while not sluggish there's a lot of unintuitive things about it.
    RK_BB, V-Tom and yybenedb like this.
    11-10-18 01:26 PM
    I'm happy with it because it's an improvement over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ

But to be perfectly honest there are a lot of other things that a lot of other companies do better and cheaper.

The only reason anyone would buy this phone is for the physical keyboard and that's it.

Price wise across the BlackBerry range you can buy better for less I'm talking about all touch phones. The BlackBerry phones in general offer nothing over the other brands.

Security I hear you say! What security. Go and watch the Edward Snowden movie and then tell me about security.
    11-10-18 01:30 PM
    Security I hear you say! What security. Go and watch the Edward Snowden movie and then tell me about security.
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/securi...y-Guide-en.pdf

However, if you are looking for perfect defence against a state-level player, then I would agree with you.
    V-Tom and Jake2826 like this.
    11-10-18 02:31 PM
    Love it except for the crappy camera
    V-Tom and mtalinm like this.
    11-10-18 03:43 PM
    It's perfect for me a phone with apps security and most of all a physical keyboard!
    V-Tom and rob32 like this.
    11-10-18 03:49 PM
    Love it also, except for Camera AND speaker (singular 😑)
    11-10-18 03:49 PM
    I love my KEY2... Despite what others say about the camera it does a nice job and fulfills my needs for a smartphone with a camera. I also don't have an objection to the mono speaker... plenty loud enough for me and my hearing is pretty bad these days. If I'm listening to music then my stereo headphones are plugged in the headphone jack. The battery life is fantastic as is the turn around charging time. Overall a very decent device for the money in comparison to the upper tier smartphones that promote their cameras as their key feature. They are not perfect devices from all I have read... none are.

I feel the KEY2 will be an efficient device that will perform well and meet my expectations from a smartphone.

Bob
    11-10-18 04:48 PM
    I voted "Like it" because I'm fond of the hardware (from keyboard to battery and frame), but the software is far from mature. I come from MIUI and am used to laugh at Samsung and Apple owners because the former has a sluggish bloated OS with no real advantages, and the latter is vendor locked. Tables have turned now that I own a BlackBerry though, while not sluggish there's a lot of unintuitive things about it.
    Well said; I cannot agree more!

The software is behind in more ways we can describe in one post; there are sticky threads about it around here.

As I mentioned in other threads, the magic is in the software, more so than the hardware as much as its important.

Hopefully BlackBerry Mobile understand it and will pay BlackBerry to improve on that front.

Other than that, I love the KEY² except for the CTRL key on the right, the Speed Key which doesn't allow one handed operation or can be utilized in may different ways to achieve more and lastly the Convenience Key implementation which to me is the least productive way to use one key that can easily perform three different function with a single, double and a long press.

They can and should do something about those capacitive navigation keys; hopefully Android P will take care of that.

Again, love much more than I don't. No doubt.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-10-18 05:22 PM
    I liked by BB10. This is my first Android. I despise it, not because it's a BB but because it's an Android. Partly, it's not knowing how to use yet, partly because I despise Google, partly because Incipio doesn't make a case for it. I find a new reason to hate it every day. I am thinking about going back to my BB10 which still works and which I still use Kindle on.
    yybenedb and jmorgan456 like this.
    11-11-18 11:25 PM
    I love my Key2. Honestly coming from Apple and not being a big fan of android. It was a pleasant surprise. I mean yes the phone has its issues but they're issues I can live with. Overall the phone is great and BB is clearly trying to find ways to improve on it. Which is good.
    11-12-18 02:54 AM
    Pretty happy with both my silver and black key2's. It's an improvement over keyone in every aspect, I mean the hardware the keyboard, lightweight, faster processor, better display, awesome battery etc.

I mean people who used keyone would've bought the key2 by just looking at the new keyboard and it's awesomeness. I don't understand the hate for key2 but I gotta say I loved my keyones and I very much like my key2 especially the black one, that looks hot af.
    11-12-18 06:08 AM
    I love my Key2. I was using a Classic before this (I tend to keep a phone until it is unusable - apart from DTEK of which I accidently broke the screen), so obviously this was quite a step up. I find the speed really good, and it is nice to be able to use apps without having to go through any round about procedures to install them.

The keyboard is awesome especially with all the scrolling and shortcuts etc. that can be done on it as well. They key size is also really good, and I like the slights right/left bias of the keys.

The display is sharp and big enough for me. I spend too much time watching videos or playing games on my mobile so I don't need a large screen with a million pixels (or whatever).

The camera is quite cool. I manage to take nice pics and didn't have problem even at night. I do not care that the camera probably does not take photos like a professional camera (otherwise I would have got a camera instead of a phone ) don't get me wrong though, I think the camera is really good.

So in sum, I am really really happy with the phone
    11-12-18 06:12 AM
    I love my Key2. I was using a Classic before this (I tend to keep a phone until it is unusable - apart from DTEK of which I accidently broke the screen), so obviously this was quite a step up. I find the speed really good, and it is nice to be able to use apps without having to go through any round about procedures to install them.

The keyboard is awesome especially with all the scrolling and shortcuts etc. that can be done on it as well. They key size is also really good, and I like the slights right/left bias of the keys.

The display is sharp and big enough for me. I spend too much time watching videos or playing games on my mobile so I don't need a large screen with a million pixels (or whatever).

The camera is quite cool. I manage to take nice pics and didn't have problem even at night. I do not care that the camera probably does not take photos like a professional camera (otherwise I would have got a camera instead of a phone ) don't get me wrong though, I think the camera is really good.

So in sum, I am really really happy with the phone
    That pretty much nailed it for me. Previous classic user too. Classic worked and still work great just enjoy new things and learning. Funny how much time I have spent trying to make it into a classic bb10

This is a good phone time will tell if I get my 800 dollars out of it
    11-12-18 08:32 AM
    I say "like it" but certainly teetering on loving it. If my spacebar was just a bit tighter and the camera just a bit better I would easily love it.

That said, still my favourite phone I've ever had (and the camera continues to improve with software updates)
    11-12-18 09:36 AM
    Good initiative! But not many replies to the Poll after 24 hours. 10 people!
    What's happened to the Forum?!
    eiruvrav likes this.
    11-12-18 10:02 AM
    Yeah tell me about it...every time I thought I had an interesting subject to debate on it ended up with a handful of participants while some other subjects that on the surface don't seem as important (to me I guess...) got so much traffic I could never figure out why and how...the interesting part is that after a while someone would raise the exact same subject and the post would attract so much more traffic than mine did.....what a mystery!
    11-12-18 11:06 AM
    Good initiative! But not many replies to the Poll after 24 hours. 10 people!
    Yeah tell me about it...every time I thought I had an interesting subject to debate on it ended up with a handful of participants while some other subjects that on the surface don't seem as important (to me I guess...) got so much traffic I could never figure out why and how...the interesting part is that after a while someone would raise the exact same subject and the post would attract so much more traffic than mine did.....what a mystery!
    My feeling is that a question like this is somewhat moot.

At the end of the day, the real question is whether people place a high value on a physical keyboard, or whether they don't.

One can debate or pontificate on all of the other specs, issues, or features, but they all pale in significance to the real differentiating factor.

Would I like better specs and software - all for less money? Sure. Shocker.
    11-12-18 11:15 AM
    My feeling is that a question like this is somewhat moot.

At the end of the day, the real question is whether people place a high value on a physical keyboard, or whether they don't.

One can debate or pontificate on all of the other specs, issues, or features, but they all pale in significance to the real differentiating factor.
    Regarding this subject in particular, absolutely!

If there was another PKB device maker it would be even more interesting so users (me included) can debate all they want about all kinds of shortcomings which they can get with other smartphones; the bottom line is whether those other smartphones have a PKB....? And BlackBerry Mobile knows it and I won't be surprised if playing that card is a strategy - "let's take away the CTRL on the left with the KEY² and bring it back to the right with the KEY³..." or gradually improve the Speed Key functionality with introduction of new devices; all the things I am sure they know they could have introduced initially but decided to held back on.

Perhaps it's their way to keep customers coming back as I doubt it has anything to do with "playing it safe".
    11-12-18 11:29 AM
    Regarding this subject in particular, absolutely!

If there was another PKB device maker it would be even more interesting so users (me included) can debate all they want about all kinds of shortcomings which they can get with other smartphones; the bottom line is whether those other smartphones have a PKB....? And BlackBerry Mobile knows it and I won't be surprised if playing that card is a strategy - "let's take away the CTRL on the left with the KEY² and bring it back to the right with the KEY³..." or gradually improve the Speed Key functionality with introduction of new devices; all the things I am sure they know they could have introduced initially but decided to held back on.

Perhaps it's their way to keep customers coming back as I doubt it has anything to do with "playing it safe".
    I think they were VERY responsive to their own user polls on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Many of the issues were rectified with the KEY², or at least addressed.

I highly doubt they are holding anything back. Sometimes new design choices aren't favoured by everyone.
    11-12-18 11:31 AM
    I think they were VERY responsive to their own user polls on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Many of the issues were rectified with the KEY², or at least addressed.
    They were and I am sure they will be with the KEY² as well, quite honestly more so than people here appreciate. I still think they continue to come in short but that doesn't mean I am abandoning ship; just using this forum to voice opinions that I hope are heard at some point.

The fact BlackBerry Mobile is listening and are interested in the user's opinion (otherwise why would they send out a survey?) won't stop people from debating, especially given this group of followers is so passionate. The more niche this brand is the more polarizing the opinions around it will be.
    11-12-18 11:40 AM
    They were and I am sure they will be with the KEY² as well, quite honestly more so than people here appreciate. I still think they continue to come in short but that doesn't mean I am abandoning ship; just using this forum to voice opinions that I hope are heard at some point.

The fact BlackBerry Mobile is listening and are interested in the user's opinion (otherwise why would they send out a survey?) won't stop people from debating, especially given this group of followers is so passionate. The more niche this brand is the more polarizing the opinions around it will be.
    I certainly don't take issue with us discussing it at nauseam. At least it gives us something to do. LOL.
    11-12-18 11:42 AM
    Sometimes new design choices aren't favoured by everyone.
    Yes, so very true. Coming from a PRIV after 3 years to the KEY2, passing on the KEYone, I am one that is appreciative of the design changes implemented with the KEY2 by TCL/BBMo.

Is the KEY2 perfect? No... But is it a significant improvement from the PRIV and KEYone? In my opinion, yes. The reality is there isn't a "perfect" device... at least not one I'm aware of based on what I read about Samsung, Google, and Apple top tier devices for example. All smartphone devices have their shortcomings and issues.

Bob
    11-12-18 11:46 AM
    I certainly don't take issue with us discussing it at nauseam. At least it gives us something to do. LOL.
    I enjoy it very much, whether agreeing or not, otherwise I wouldn't be spending so much time here!
    11-12-18 11:47 AM
    Enjoying this thread as am about to purchase Key2
    I had created a thread for confusion between key2 and note 8(recently tempted by iphone 7 plus)
    Do we feel we sacrifice too much just for the sake of PKB?
    Has anyone got the key2 manufactured in Sept/Oct have issues with loose spacebar?

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    11-12-18 12:54 PM
68 123