Sorry but that is simply BS. I am on my second K2 and got the same random doubletyping behaviour as I got on my first one. The same goes for the forgetting shift-key when typing fast. It doesn't matter whether the device is fresh setup from factory settings without any additional app installed (actually not even a single account added), or the device has been configured and got apps installed.

Recreating the issues on purpose, especially the doubletyping, is virtually impossible. The shift-key is easier to show, when typing a whole row of capitalized words. However even then there are differences, sometimes it happens more often, other times less often.
    The question remains, if it's software or hardware related... my bet is still on software.
    07-11-18 04:19 AM
    That's the question which needs to be answered. I still have six days left on my "no questions asked" return period, however I am kind of hesitant of returning it, in the end I either get a good phone with similar issues because it is not clearly hardware related or I'll end up with a phone which again has a poor spacebar or some other problem.

My bet is also on software and I can't stress enough telling people with input issues to contact BB Mobile directly and stating their problems. The more reports get in, the more likely they're going to seriously investigate the problems.
    07-11-18 05:02 AM
    I'm losing my patience with it all guys. I know people are being dismissive and not accepting the fault address.
    07-11-18 05:04 AM
    I'm losing my patience with it all guys. I know people are being dismissive and not accepting the fault address.
    See yah!
    07-11-18 05:24 AM
    3rd device today had a dodgy screen lol

so waiting for number 4 tomorrow lol
    07-11-18 09:37 AM

What exactly do you mean by "dodgy" screen?
    07-11-18 09:53 AM

What was the space bar like on this 3rd device?

Posted via my Awesome passport
    07-11-18 10:21 AM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't imagine what the return rate is. I'm reading people are on their 4th Keytwo already. Shame on BlackBerry, TCL, BBmobile. If this is the only PKB device offered how could they possibly eff this up?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-11-18 11:31 AM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't imagine what the return rate is. I'm reading people are on their 4th Keytwo already. Shame on BlackBerry, TCL, BBmobile. If this is the only PKB device offered how could they possibly eff this up?
    Because passionate fans will defend BB to no end. Evidenced by many posts in this sub forum.

I have always used Blackberry's but there is a ton of criticism to made for the phones they offer. QC on the Key2 seems certainly questionable but some people don't want to accept that.

I'm getting my second Key2 in a few days.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-11-18 11:34 AM
    What "people" did you see are on their 4th unit?

Only one member on this forum is on his third.

Alot of the times its the same usernames that appear.

Still too early to tell, but honestly there are MUCH less hardware complaints about the first batch KEY2 than the KEYone last year. All you gotta do is go on the KEYone forum and scroll down to this same period last year and see for yourself. However that would be very time consuming.

KEYone first batches much more a QC fail than KEY2
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-11-18 11:44 AM

I hope that's your last attempt. I would be really pissed if that's my 4th exchange.
    07-11-18 11:51 AM
    Let's face it. The main reason anyone would consider buying this phone (including me) is for the keyboard. I could live with the other short comings however the one thing blackberry, TCL, bbm should have done right was quality controlled the keyboard.
    07-11-18 11:53 AM
    Please do update us mate.

Collecting my 3rd one tomorrow from cpw
    So as promised, here's my experience after 2 hours since unboxing.

First and most definitely foremost... wow and aaahhhhhh!!! I've been stuck on said Crapple for several months now and coming back to the PKB is absolute heaven!!! I seriously don't get how the world has moved on with touchscreen phones. Yes I can move my thumbs faster on the touchscreen but the success rate is so poor you rely on predictive text to correct your mistakes way too much and that's after several months getting used to it, plenty to near master it for anyone who wants to bash me on not being able to adapt.

My muscle memory is thankfully still there for the PKB and the wow and aaahhh feeling I described relate to two things: the alt key and shift key and all the instant sub characters at hand, most notably the , . @ and the ENTIRE numeric keypad and UPPER case. It just felt like a breath of fresh air to have them at all times instead of a nomadic top row touch numeric keypad or having to press touchscreen shift to get to all the other characters. This is always such an understated feature when talking about PKB. Reviews never mention this at all and it's up there with the most convenient effortless features of the PKB (once you learn them of course). Even as I type this now, I'm looking at the screen and I'm typing 95% perfect without looking at what I'm typing. Any mistakes can be deleted with a left swipe or blindly with the backspace. Even then, just above when I typed %, I used the swipe down on they PKB touch gesture to access it (it's assigned to P when you swipe down). Granted I've had the Passport and PRIV so this is very familiar for me but it's effortless which is not what can be said for that Crapple or my wife's Note 8 (which I do love tbf).

So that's my fanboy experience and just in case you didn't get the message... I LOVE PKBs!!!!!

Now.... Sadly it seems as though I have that clicky space bar 😣. It doesn't feel like the rest of the keyboard and it certainly makes a different and noticeable loose clicky sound. The other problem to mention is the keyboard scroll seems broken. I haven't tested it much at all and haven't delved into the settings so fellow addicts feel free to help me out here. It doesn't scroll properly, it's very laggy and beyond lag it just doesn't seem to scroll much at all. The typing swipe gesture and the left swipe delete seem to work perfect but scrolling this app just didn't work. With that, I downloaded Firefox Focus (don't want to use Chrome, Google can't be trusted) and loaded a basic Google search (yes I contradicted myself but frankly there isn't a better search engine unfortunately) and I experienced the same lagging and lacking scrolling. Coming from the Passport and PRIV, this was a massive feature for me as I hate smearing the touchscreen unnecessarily.

So that's my 2 hour verdict on the PKB. Oh, I forgot, the finger print reader isn't perfect either but tbh I think I set it up from an angle that wasn't the most natural. I'll delete that print and retry.

As for the phone and typing on a PKB I'm still sticking with WOW and aaahhh!!! So pleased and impressed! £579 well spent and maybe some of the above was user error, after all, I've only had it two hours.

Hope this helps, sparks a little debate but mostly generates user feedback we can all work with together. Great to be back!! 😁
    Last edited by rs87; 07-11-18 at 01:57 PM.
    the_boon and footnote like this.
    07-11-18 12:24 PM
    good search engine: duckduckgo
    good privacy browser: cliqz
    and yes key2 is pretty good
    rs87 likes this.
    07-11-18 12:29 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "dodgy" screen?
    The colours were not rich; they were faded.

One screen was rich in colour and the new one was faint -_-

And shadow effect on the tiles when you press square which is not normal and why my first device went back
    07-11-18 01:49 PM
    What was the space bar like on this 3rd device?

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Space bar was surprisingly good. No wobble but the screen was faint and not rich in colour at all
    07-11-18 01:51 PM
    So as promised, here's my experience after 2 hours since unboxing.

First and most definitely foremost... wow and aaahhhhhh!!! I've been stuck on said Crapple for several months now and coming back to the PKB is absolute heaven!!! I seriously don't get how the world has moved on with touchscreen phones. Yes I can move my thumbs faster on the touchscreen but the success rate is so poor you rely on predictive text to correct your mistakes way too much and that's after several months getting used to it, plenty to near master it for anyone who wants to bash me on not being able to adapt.

My muscle memory is thankfully still there for the PKB and the wow and aaahhh feeling I described relate to two things: the alt key and shift key and all the instant sub characters at hand, most notably the , . @ and the ENTIRE numeric keypad and UPPER case. It just felt like a breath of fresh air to have them at all times instead of a nomadic top row touch numeric keypad or having to press touchscreen shift to get to all the other characters. This is always such an understated feature when talking about PKB. Reviews never mention this at all and it's up there with the most convenient effortless features of the PKB (once you learn them of course). Even as I type this now, I'm looking at the screen and I'm typing 95% perfect without looking at what I'm typing. Any mistakes can be deleted with a left swipe or blindly with the backspace. Even then, just above when I typed %, I used the swipe down on they PKB touch gesture to access it (it's assigned to P when you swipe down). Granted I've had the Passport and PRIV so this is very familiar for me but it's effortless which is not what can be said for that Crapple of my wife's Note 8 (which I do love tbf).

So that's my fanboy experience and just in case you didn't get the message... I LOVE PKBs!!!!!

Now.... Sadly it seems as though I have that clicky space bar 😣. It doesn't feel like the rest of the keyboard and it certainly makes a different and noticeable loose clicky sound. The other problem to mention is the keyboard scroll seems broken. I haven't tested it much at all and haven't delved into the settings so fellow addicts feel free to help me out here. It doesn't scroll properly, it's very laggy and beyond lag it just doesn't seem to scroll much at all. The typing swipe gesture and the left swipe delete seem to work perfect but scrolling this app just didn't work. With that, I downloaded Firefox Focus (don't want to use Chrome, Google can't be trusted) and loaded a basic Google search (yes I contradicted myself but frankly there isn't a better search engine unfortunately) and I experienced the same lagging and lacking scrolling. Coming from the Passport and PRIV, this was a massive feature for me as I hate smearing the touchscreen unnecessarily.

So that's my 2 hour verdict on the PKB. Oh, I forgot, the finger print reader isn't perfect either but tbh I think I set it up from an angle that wasn't the most natural. I'll delete that print and retry.

As for the phone and typing on a PKB I'm still sticking with WOW and aaahhh!!! So pleased and impressed! £579 well spent and maybe some of the above was user error, after all, I've only had it two hours.

Hope this helps, sparks a little debate but mostly generates user feedback we can all work with together. Great to be back!! 😁
    Glad you are happy mate

The space bar is loud on all of them
    rs87 likes this.
    07-11-18 01:52 PM
    Space bar was surprisingly good. No wobble but the screen was faint and not rich in colour at all
    Thanks for your reply.
    07-11-18 01:56 PM
    I hope that's your last attempt. I would be really pissed if that's my 4th exchange.
    I am pissed off

The 3rd replacement was faulty out of the box
    07-11-18 02:01 PM
    Glad you are happy mate

The space bar is loud on all of them
    Well in that case I'll pipe down. I thought someone said before that they sent theirs back because of the space bar wobble and sound.

On the flip side of it, I can make excuses in my head for BlackBerry (being a now self professed fanboy I suppose) that the space bar acts and sounds differently to the rest of the lovely PKB because it has to accommodate the finger print reader. Sadly I wasn't a K1 owner because of the 24 month PRIV contract so I don't have a frame of reference.

What I can say though is that whilst the clicky typewriter-esque spacebar (compared to the rest of the subtle smooth keys) does detract 5% I'm firmly 95% happy with the PKB and it really is a dream compared to the lousy 6S+ and even the wife's mostly delightful Note 8. I just can't live without the Alt and Shift key, seriously and I'm just an everyday user without a suit 😀.

Can anyone comment on my not so pleasant touch keyboard scrolling? I'm really not happy with it but again the only two apps to try on are this Crackberry and Firefox Focus (will give previous recommendations a try soon and thank you).
    07-11-18 02:15 PM
    What "people" did you see are on their 4th unit?

Only one member on this forum is on his third.

Alot of the times its the same usernames that appear.

Still too early to tell, but honestly there are MUCH less hardware complaints about the first batch KEY2 than the KEYone last year. All you gotta do is go on the KEYone forum and scroll down to this same period last year and see for yourself. However that would be very time consuming.

KEYone first batches much more a QC fail than KEY2
    Also on my third.
    07-11-18 02:18 PM
    good search engine: duckduckgo
    good privacy browser: cliqz
    and yes key2 is pretty good
    Nah startpage is better because not us based.
    Privacy browser would be firefox with addons
    07-11-18 02:20 PM
    Hmmmm, is this a lot to do about nothing? Sorry for the Shakespeare reference. lol. Are we being way too critical? Perfection in 2018 does not even come at $1,200 for a phone! I bought an Omega Aqua Terra GMT a few years ago, datewheel is ever so slightly off, what to do, nothing! It is worth 7 Key2's! Only a "Peter Perfectionist" with OCD would be that bothered! Let's just get real for a minute! However, to each his own! Cheers,
    07-11-18 02:29 PM
    Hmmmm, is this a lot to do about nothing? Sorry for the Shakespeare reference. lol. Are we being way too critical? Perfection in 2018 does not even come at $1,200 for a phone! I bought an Omega Aqua Terra GMT a few years ago, datewheel is ever so slightly off, what to do, nothing! It is worth 7 Key2's! Only a "Peter Perfectionist" with OCD would be that bothered! Let's just get real for a minute! However, to each his own! Cheers,
    Blackberries only still exist because people want their pkb. Its the one part of the phone that needs to be perfect, no excuses.

The spacebar is clearly not perfect.
    07-11-18 02:41 PM
    so many typing errors on this keyboard
    07-11-18 02:43 PM
141 12345 ...