Blackberry really need to fix this keyboard

It is dead slow and lags and double types characters AND symbol tray pops up randomly
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    07-09-18 01:07 PM

It is dead slow and lags and double types characters AND symbol tray pops up randomly
    I expect they are working on that... and a few other fixes.

But some think it might just be bad hardware... maybe just the initial batch?
    07-09-18 01:11 PM

I'm on my second one now

Don't know whether to take I back again
    07-09-18 01:13 PM
    the typing feels painfully slow for some reason ?
    07-09-18 01:14 PM

We need to stop the 1st batch v 2nd batch thing. Or if it is really what it is every time TCL releases a phone, let's stop buying from them. When I fork out 650€, I'd like not to be treated as a guinea pig.
    07-09-18 01:22 PM
    Might help if folks with the issue post where they bought it, what Model it is and the color / storage variations.
    Nizar Maaroufi and andy957 like this.
    07-09-18 01:25 PM
    Might help if folks with the issue post where they bought it, what Model it is and the color / storage variations.
    AND contact TCL\BBMo so they’re aware.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    07-09-18 01:35 PM
    these are individual issues remember that guys, many have the key2 and it's great. I got 2 2 days ago and both are perfect
    07-09-18 01:36 PM
    realy regret selling my black edition and upgrading to key2
    07-09-18 01:50 PM
    zero problems with my phone
    07-09-18 01:52 PM
    Those with issues on their KEY2, please post here

The KEY2 build dates thread
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    MizzezJonezee likes this.
    07-09-18 03:37 PM
    to be honest with you guys, the scrolling on the keytwo keypad, is waaaay better then the keyone's bigtime
    07-09-18 04:52 PM

Vkb pops up cuz you're leaving your fingers to close to keyboard when moving then downwards. Your activating the symbols that way in which the keyboard was designed to do

Mines perfect
    Knightmayre90 likes this.
    07-09-18 05:00 PM
    Vkb pops up cuz you're leaving your fingers to close to keyboard when moving then downwards. Your activating the symbols that way in which the keyboard was designed to do

Mines perfect
    Please elaborate what u mean by this

Mine has still got the dreaded double character issue!!!

Many thanks
    07-09-18 08:51 PM
    Please elaborate what u mean by this

Mine has still got the dreaded double character issue!!!

Many thanks
    The double typing issue I strongly believe is user error. The keys are so touch sensitive n ppl are used to passport n KeyONE n etc that you really had to press down.

These keys are so soft n light that I think ppl are just double tapping or something. I've caught myself doing that n mis-timing my key inputs cuz I'm adjusting. I don't wanna press down too hard because you don't have too. That's just my take on it

The keyboard doubles as a track pad as I'm sure you know. Swipe from right to left along the keyboard and you delete the word you typed. Swipe downwards on the keyboard and you bring up the virtual keyboard and symbols.

That's what I mean by leaving your hands n thumbs to close to keyboard. Sensors pick up on that. It's happened to me n I was wondering what had happened also hahah

Hope this was helpful
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-09-18 08:59 PM
    The double typing issue I strongly believe is user error. The keys are so touch sensitive n ppl are used to passport n KeyONE n etc that you really had to press down.

These keys are so soft n light that I think ppl are just double tapping or something. I've caught myself doing that n mis-timing my key inputs cuz I'm adjusting. I don't wanna press down too hard because you don't have too. That's just my take on it

The keyboard doubles as a track pad as I'm sure you know. Swipe from right to left along the keyboard and you delete the word you typed. Swipe downwards on the keyboard and you bring up the virtual keyboard and symbols.

That's what I mean by leaving your hands n thumbs to close to keyboard. Sensors pick up on that. It's happened to me n I was wondering what had happened also hahah

Hope this was helpful
    Double typing is not user error... my first Key2 was unusable due to double typing and skipped spaces. Replacement didn't have this issue (had others though), and I didn't change anything in how I was typing.

There just seems to be a qc issue with the Key2 keyboards. Count yourself lucky if you got a good one.
    footnote likes this.
    07-09-18 09:29 PM
    Double typing is not user error... my first Key2 was unusable due to double typing and skipped spaces. Replacement didn't have this issue (had others though), and I didn't change anything in how I was typing.

There just seems to be a qc issue with the Key2 keyboards. Count yourself lucky if you got a good one.
    I guess so. I always get my BlackBerry phones from Rogers and honestly, I don't ever have major issues like I'd read about

I hope it works out for you
    07-09-18 09:33 PM
    I've got unlucky twice with two different ones

looks like time to get number 3 in lol
    07-10-18 03:16 AM
    We need to stop the 1st batch v 2nd batch thing. Or if it is really what it is every time TCL releases a phone, let's stop buying from them. When I fork out 650€, I'd like not to be treated as a guinea pig.
    Unfortunately, as much testing as manufacturers do ahead of time, the real tests only happen in the real world where devices are actually used the way people actually use them. This is as true for BBMo as it is for Apple, LG, Google, One+, Samsung, et al; nearly all of their recent and not so recent new devices had bugs (multiple, major, minor and all points in-between) on launch. In Samsung's case it could have caused serious injury, perhaps even death.

You don't want to feel like you're being treated like a crash test dummy? Don't buy ANY new device within the first 3 months of launch. Simple.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-10-18 05:50 AM
    going again today to try and change to a new device

absolute **** take

this will be my 3rd one lol

really have had enough
    07-10-18 07:37 AM
    going again today to try and change to a new device

absolute **** take

this will be my 3rd one lol

really have had enough
    Can you post here?

/blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/

Model number and color of your unit

Build date

Description of problem
    07-10-18 07:39 AM

These are the sort of issues which are easily preventable. Why do TCL/BlackBerry keep on shooting each others' feet?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 10:11 AM
    These are the sort of issues which are easily preventable. Why do TCL/BlackBerry keep on shooting each others' feet?

Posted via CB10
    I know

Seems like they have skipped the testing phase

This is my second device which is defective

I really hope 3rd time round I get lucky as I am beginning to lose my patience with it!

Think rule of thumb is to wait a few months with new blackberry devices

In that way the price drop loads and they would hopefully fix all the issues
    PGaici likes this.
    07-10-18 10:37 AM
    I know

Seems like they have skipped the testing phase

This is my second device which is defective

I really hope 3rd time round I get lucky as I am beginning to lose my patience with it!

Think rule of thumb is to wait a few months with new blackberry devices

In that way the price drop loads and they would hopefully fix all the issues
    I hope that the TCL/BB partnership does not end up producing the Trabant equivalent of mobile phones.
    Last edited by PGaici; 07-13-18 at 05:53 AM.
    07-10-18 11:12 AM
    Just got my second unit.... Still got the stupid lag
    07-10-18 03:37 PM
141 123 ...