Have log Adups connections. Never seen anymore than every three days to check for updates as my settings...
    Don't be fooled, it can be triggered at any time. This is a well-documented bad player.

But it's also something that can be prevented, so I'm not saying one shouldn't buy a Titan on this account.
    02-12-20 11:15 AM
    Not agree... It was very innovative and terribly productive (as the whole passport).
    If the unique layout was so great, why did it only get used once? I have about 15 different PKB mobile hardware and it’s the one that’s a pain to adjust to using. All the others are Fairfax standardized. It wasn’t anymore productive and while acclimating to it’s stupid layout, you actually lose productivity.
    02-12-20 11:34 AM
    Don't be fooled, it can be triggered at any time. This is a well-documented bad player.

But it's also something that can be prevented, so I'm not saying one shouldn't buy a Titan on this account.
    Yes, yes, yes show me one example when Unihertz installed over adups any spyware in the past.

And about rooting the Titan:
    All the Android 9 integrated security features like the fingerprint sensor will lose its functionality because the encryption and certification for this security function will be lost. I would not root it because it is a clean device and I can handle every traffic via NetGuard.

In the past I had only one reason to root Android devices: lack of RAM. This will not happen that soon with the Titan...
    02-12-20 11:39 AM
    If the unique layout was so great, why did it only get used once? I have about 15 different PKB mobile hardware and it’s the one that’s a pain to adjust to using. All the others are Fairfax standardized. It wasn’t anymore productive and while acclimating to it’s stupid layout, you actually lose productivity.
    I haven't had the problems that you have had. Took me about 7-10 days to adjust and I much prefer the Passport keyboard to any other I've had albeit a limited selection of Palm/HP and one older BB (8830?). It may be "stupid" in your experience but that's just your opinion. I think its "genius"!
    Trouveur likes this.
    02-12-20 11:40 AM
    I haven't had the problems that you have had. Took me about 7-10 days to adjust and I much prefer the Passport keyboard to any other I've had albeit a limited selection of Palm/HP and one older BB (8830?). It may be "stupid" in your experience but that's just your opinion. I think its "genius"!
    If the Passport could have PKB fourth row instead of VKB fourth row, it would have sold better. Not enough to save BlackBerry mind you, just better.

I switch between various devices and back then even more. It just didn’t flow. It reminded me of a restaurant where the presentation of the food is the experience instead of the food itself.
    02-12-20 11:45 AM
    If the Passport could have PKB fourth row instead of VKB fourth row, it would have sold better. Not enough to save BlackBerry mind you, just better.
    I disagree (respectfully) with this. I just don't think it would have sold better regardless. IMHO the form factor (square and extra wide) and the BB name and the fact that it had a keyboard (of any sort) made it a no go for most people. I hated the looks of the device originally but not because of the 3 row keyboard. Once I started using the keyboard and the flicking (especially), it was and still is a joy to use for me. For me, having a 3 row keyboard has made the device perfectly balanced when I use it with 2 hands to fire out an email etc. This just leaves enough room to make the screen the right size. Although the device is wide, for me, it is just the perfect height unlike KEY devices.
    02-12-20 12:19 PM
    I disagree (respectfully) with this... Although the device is wide, for me, it is just the perfect height unlike KEY devices.
    Youhou ! Happy to see I'm not so alone.
    02-12-20 01:15 PM
    I was so disappointed to see that my key2 may be my last blackberry. And then I read about the titan, and then I saw the YouTube video about loading blackberry software on it. And then I ordered one ($319!!) Happy!

And then I think about security with a phone straight from China.

How can I "sweep" the phone or plug any holes?

Or

Is it a trade-off and you simply should not do any banking or anything else sensitive?
    You may want to understand that also the Key series were made by a Chinese company, TCL, in China.
    02-16-20 05:03 PM
    Titan preorder now sold out! Looks like they had a bit of a rush... :-)
    the_boon likes this.
    02-17-20 01:56 AM
    Titan preorder now sold out! Looks like they had a bit of a rush... :-)
    Lol, I'm not sure they actually sold out. Last I checked (mid-day Sunday) there were 436 available. They had 2-17 as the end date of the preorder. If I'm not mistaken they are almost a day ahead of US so they probably shut down preorders about 21 hours ago (it's about 9pm 2-17 there currently).
    02-17-20 07:14 AM
    Lol, I'm not sure they actually sold out. Last I checked (mid-day Sunday) there were 436 available. They had 2-17 as the end date of the preorder. If I'm not mistaken they are almost a day ahead of US so they probably shut down preorders about 21 hours ago (it's about 9pm 2-17 there currently).
    Ah, I didn't notice the end date... :-) I was keeping an eye on the total almost daily... Looking forward to getting mine sometime after the 2nd March... I ordered mine when the total was 780...
    02-17-20 07:17 AM
    Ah, I didn't notice the end date... :-) I was keeping an eye on the total almost daily... Looking forward to getting mine sometime after the 2nd March... I ordered mine when the total was 780...
    I ordered mine when it was 560 I think. Definitely looking forward to receiving it!
    Grungni likes this.
    02-17-20 07:19 AM
    Titan is now my all-days phone. But have in mind my use is pro only. There's still lot of glitchs, mainly around PKB firmware. Unfortunately forget about the camera. But Unihertz service is very active, collecting all notes from Kickstarter backers. Sure they will improve the phone ... in the hardware limits.
    Of course we are very far from good old Passport ... but recovering such wide screen and PKB when writing emails is a real comfort !!!
    The wide display is an eye saver…
    Battery is long lasting…
    Unihertz has 2 FB groups they monitor and respond to…
    They are trying…
    the_boon likes this.
    02-17-20 07:47 AM
    You can install Keyboard Designer and customize all you wish…
    Phone settings can reverse CAPS/ALT keys…
    02-17-20 07:49 AM

I switch between various devices and back then even more. It just didn’t flow. It reminded me of a restaurant where the presentation of the food is the experience instead of the food itself.
    Foodie ?
    02-17-20 07:51 AM
    Yes, yes, yes show me one example when Unihertz installed over adups any spyware in the past.

And about rooting the Titan:
    All the Android 9 integrated security features like the fingerprint sensor will lose its functionality because the encryption and certification for this security function will be lost. I would not root it because it is a clean device and I can handle every traffic via NetGuard.

In the past I had only one reason to root Android devices: lack of RAM. This will not happen that soon with the Titan...
    It's not the installing, it's the data-mining it MA be doing
    02-17-20 07:53 AM
    How do apps look that aren't necessarily formatted for a square screen?
    02-17-20 09:23 AM
    How do apps look that aren't necessarily formatted for a square screen?
    Some are messed up, but you can switch to letterbox mode if needed.
    02-17-20 09:36 AM
    Some are messed up, but you can switch to letterbox mode if needed.
    And that shrinks them down how far then?

Having flashbacks to my Q10 lol
    02-17-20 09:37 AM
    And that shrinks them down how far then?

Having flashbacks to my Q10 lol
    Same as Q10. 16:9 window inside of 1:1 screen.
    02-17-20 09:43 AM
    It's not the installing, it's the data-mining it MA be doing
    What happend in the past:

https://www.adups.com/article/show_article.php?id=183

There was a problem but as far as I can read there is no problem anymore.

You can block adups. If you don't trust Unihertz then don't use it.

I do my best to block every data I don't want to be sent to other companies.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-17-20 09:43 AM
    Same as Q10. 16:9 window inside of 1:1 screen.
    I'm lucky: Until now I never saw this behavior for any from my 102 installed apps.
    02-17-20 09:45 AM
    Reality is if you have secret data, don't put it on the device...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-17-20 11:43 AM
    But on their FB forum some posts claim to see a lot of data in/out while device is dormant...
    02-17-20 11:45 AM
    Reality is if you have secret data, don't put it on the device...
    Or just use a blocker like conite and Jenserm and others with this device have mentioned on here (Netguard)
    02-17-20 11:52 AM
111 1234 ...