I was so disappointed to see that my key2 may be my last blackberry. And then I read about the titan, and then I saw the YouTube video about loading blackberry software on it. And then I ordered one ($319!!) Happy!

And then I think about security with a phone straight from China.

How can I "sweep" the phone or plug any holes?

Or

Is it a trade-off and you simply should not do any banking or anything else sensitive?
    cyberdoggie, antonrr and Rallyfia like this.
    02-10-20 09:29 PM
    I was so disappointed to see that my key2 may be my last blackberry. And then I read about the titan, and then I saw the YouTube video about loading blackberry software on it. And then I ordered one ($319!!) Happy!

And then I think about security with a phone straight from China.

How can I "sweep" the phone or plug any holes?

Or

Is it a trade-off and you simply should not do any banking or anything else sensitive?
    I use NetGuard to block over 50 apps from connecting.

The Titan is an interesting play thing, but it's nowhere near a BlackBerry and, imo, not suitable for a daily driver.
    02-10-20 09:44 PM
    Titan is now my all-days phone. But have in mind my use is pro only. There's still lot of glitchs, mainly around PKB firmware. Unfortunately forget about the camera. But Unihertz service is very active, collecting all notes from Kickstarter backers. Sure they will improve the phone ... in the hardware limits.
    Of course we are very far from good old Passport ... but recovering such wide screen and PKB when writing emails is a real comfort !!!
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    02-11-20 02:04 AM
    Titan is now my all-days phone. But have in mind my use is pro only. There's still lot of glitchs, mainly around PKB firmware. Unfortunately forget about the camera. But Unihertz service is very active, collecting all notes from Kickstarter backers. Sure they will improve the phone ... in the hardware limits.
    Of course we are very far from good old Passport ... but recovering such wide screen and PKB when writing emails is a real comfort !!!
    We can only hope that they use whatever they learned from the Titan to improve their next PKB device (if any) from the very beginning
    02-11-20 07:03 AM
    Man, thanks for the heads up on this phone! This is the first I've heard of it. It looks like it will be awhile before I can get my hands on one, but I just got a new champagne LE, so I'm in no rush.
    02-11-20 12:42 PM
    Man, thanks for the heads up on this phone! This is the first I've heard of it. It looks like it will be awhile before I can get my hands on one, but I just got a new champagne LE, so I'm in no rush.
    The LE is a better phone than the Titan lol so no regrets there
    bibbula likes this.
    02-11-20 04:47 PM
    I wish Unihertz would release a KEY2 looking knock off with an IP rating and a large 4500 or 5000mAh battery. I need an alt key on the right side and the Titan isn't cutting it.. But seriously. a KEY2 version from Unihertz and I'd buy two.
    Gtrxuone likes this.
    02-11-20 06:05 PM
    I wish Unihertz would release a KEY2 looking knock off with an IP rating and a large 4500 or 5000mAh battery. I need an alt key on the right side and the Titan isn't cutting it.. But seriously. a KEY2 version from Unihertz and I'd buy two.
    Better grab it fast before the get sued into oblivion then.
    02-11-20 07:01 PM
    Better grab it fast before the get sued into oblivion then.
    Well, in a prior thread a while back you agreed with me that,

In 2013, BlackBerry will sue you for making BB knockoff keyboard cases.

In 2020, you can make a BB knockoff phone and BlackBerry will just ignore you.
    02-11-20 09:39 PM
    Well, in a prior thread a while back you agreed with me that,

In 2013, BlackBerry will sue you for making BB knockoff keyboard cases.

In 2020, you can make a BB knockoff phone and BlackBerry will just ignore you.
    If I said that, then I misspoke.
    02-11-20 09:46 PM
    If I said that, then I misspoke.
    Why?

BlackBerry has got to have come to the conclusion that the keyboard market wasn't the same in 2014 as it is today.

And I don't actually think anyone could get a free pass no matter how blatantly they copy/steal their parents/designs, but BB's level of perseverance in pursuing for these matters seems to have drastically diminished.
    02-11-20 10:04 PM
    Why?

BlackBerry has got to have come to the conclusion that the keyboard market wasn't the same in 2014 as it is today.

And I don't actually think anyone could get a free pass no matter how blatantly they copy/steal their parents/designs, but BB's level of perseverance in pursuing for these matters seems to have drastically diminished.
    What makes you think BlackBerry no longer protects its IP? They have a legal obligation to do so.
    02-12-20 12:04 AM
    You can switch the function of alt and shift key like you need it in the options of the Titan.

I'm much more productive with the Titan then with my KeyOne ore my Passport. The keyboard software needs still some improvement but it works already in a way that I'm not slowly when using the Titan. The overall performance of the Titan compared with Passport or KeyOne is much better. It's very fast and battery life is outstanding. Screensize is the best!

I'm using it as my daily driver and have no problems at all.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 02-12-20 at 03:15 AM.
    the_boon and cyberdoggie like this.
    02-12-20 03:03 AM
    I use NetGuard to block over 50 apps from connecting.

The Titan is an interesting play thing, but it's nowhere near a BlackBerry and, imo, not suitable for a daily driver.
    I'm pretty sure everyone and their uncle knows that you don't like the Titan by now. Maybe you could just post a link to a single post where you have already trashed it? You know could be like this as a standard response for any post about the Titan:

"I have previously trashed the Titan at this post <insert hyperlink to post here>, to know my thoughts (the only correct thoughts on this phone) click that link. You're welcome and have a nice day!"

Honestly, at this point I don't think repeating yourself over and over again is helping anyone or contributing anything beneficial to these forums.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    02-12-20 07:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure everyone and their uncle knows that you don't like the Titan by now. Maybe you could just post a link to a single post where you have already trashed it? You know could be like this as a standard response for any post about the Titan:

"I have previously trashed the Titan at this post <insert hyperlink to post here>, to know my thoughts (the only correct thoughts on this phone) click that link. You're welcome and have a nice day!"

Honestly, at this point I don't think repeating yourself over and over again is helping anyone or contributing anything beneficial to these forums.
    Then I wouldn't be able to retype my thoughts using my lovely KEY² keyboard.
    02-12-20 07:54 AM
    Then I wouldn't be able to retype my thoughts using my lovely KEY² keyboard.
    Fair enough, I'll give you a pass lol
    02-12-20 07:58 AM
    We can correct : "Then I wouldn't be able to retype my throughs using my lovely and terribly narrow KEY2 keyboard"... re-retyping all spaces because of this bloody Space bar ...
    BigAl_BB9900 and guygardner73 like this.
    02-12-20 09:29 AM
    We can correct : "Then I wouldn't be able to retype my throughs using my lovely and terribly narrow KEY2 keyboard"... re-retyping all spaces because of this bloody Space bar ...
    That's why I prefer to use the passport or Priv when posting on CB.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-12-20 09:38 AM
    What bugs me about the Titan is that being a firm Blackberry user, I could potentially overlook a myriad of flaws in the device, had it not decided to use Adups. If push came to shove, I'm told you can use ADB to remove it, but i have no idea what kind of impact that has on the usability of the device, nor if there are other packages that need to be removed as well.

It might become a significantly better option if someone figures out how to root the device and pair it with a working Android image.
    Last edited by Trenton_net; 02-12-20 at 10:09 AM.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    02-12-20 09:53 AM
    That's why I prefer to use the passport or Priv when posting on CB.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    You're absolutely right ! It's possible Conite would have wrote "..... my lovely Passport keyboard"
    02-12-20 10:28 AM
    Passport Keyboard stupid layout sucks
    02-12-20 10:34 AM
    What bugs me about the Titan is that being a firm Blackberry user, I could potentially overlook a myriad of flaws in the device, had it not decided to use Adups. If push came to shove, I'm told you can use ADB to remove it, but i have no idea what kind of impact that has on the usability of the device, nor if there are other packages that need to be removed as well.

It might become a significantly better option if someone figures out how to root the device and pair it with a working Android image.
    If you remove it, you'll never get updates again. That's the genius of it.

Use NetGuard to block its connections, and re-enable it briefly when you know an update is available.
    xristfer likes this.
    02-12-20 10:39 AM
    Why?

How so? They’ve got a professional who’s sole purpose is just IP trademark enforcement.
    02-12-20 10:40 AM
    If you remove it, you'll never get updates again. That's the genius of it.

Use NetGuard to block its connections, and re-enable it briefly when you know an update is available.
    Have log Adups connections. Never seen anymore than every three days to check for updates as my settings...
    02-12-20 11:11 AM
    Passport Keyboard stupid layout sucks
    Not agree... It was very innovative and terribly productive (as the whole passport).
    02-12-20 11:12 AM
111 123 ...