For those who are already using the KEY2...

Can you please let us know if the quality of pics sent using the default Android Messages app is the same as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ meaning... 'crappy and highly compressed'

Coming from pretty much every BB10 device up to the DTEK60, all pics taken came out really decent and of high quality when sharing those pictures through text messages.

When I got my KEYᵒⁿᵉ... I thought perhaps it was a setting I may have missed but NO...

The KEYone's default Android Messages/text app sent highly compressed 'crappy quality' pictures in comparison to my previous BlackBerry Android device... the DTEK60 which is also made by TCL.

What gives??????

I'm hoping the KEY2's default Android Messages app is back to high quality pictures sent that I had on my DTEK60 and not this poor **** quality compressed ones that the KEYᵒⁿᵉ sends.

Still dumbfounded as to why TCL would do this to their 2 phones. Yes the DTEK60 is an Alcatel clone made by them (TCL) but why does your other phone (KEYᵒⁿᵉ) have **** poor quality 'highly compressed' pics sent on the same Android Messages app that both DTEK60 and KEYᵒⁿᵉ use as its default messaging app??

Did this help in making the battery last longer???

'Sarcastic Joke'
    06-26-18 12:12 PM
    If you use Textra there's an option to change max file size for MMS. It's a good idea to check with your carrier to see what their file size limit is for MMS, that way you can find the optimal size. Textra to me is the best messaging app at this time.
    06-26-18 12:31 PM
    If you use Textra there's an option to change max file size for MMS. It's a good idea to check with your carrier to see what their file size limit is for MMS, that way you can find the optimal size. Textra to me is the best messaging app at this time.
    It's weird as the DTEK60 as well as my other BB10 phones all on Telus all sent high quality pictures sent through text.

It was only on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I noticed that using the same default Android Messages apps that I used on my DTEK60 came out highly compressed/crappy especially when zooming in where you can see a high degree of pixelation.

Totally weird that both BlackBerry Android phones made by TCL using the default Android Messages:

1. DTEK60 - awesome high quality mms pictures, almost near perfect with almost no signs if pixelation

2. KEYᵒⁿᵉ - poor quality, extremely highly compressed, with extreme pixelation /jagged edges especially when zooming in.

3. KEY2 - ?
    Won't know till I get one. Hopefully it'll go back to high quality pics like your other TCL made device DTEK60

Yes I know there's textra and alot of other messaging apps but I didn't need to before as I always prefer OEM that came with the phone out of the box.
    06-26-18 04:10 PM
    Key2: same as your note on the KeyOne..."poor quality, extremely highly compressed, with extreme pixelation /jagged edges especially when zooming in."

So what gives? Can't be carrier, cause I've used the same carrier for both my Passport SE as with (now) my Key2, and it wasn't this bad on my Passport.

Let's forget about Textra for a second....is this a buggy Google Messages app, or what?
    08-09-18 07:25 PM
    I always use a link so the person gets a high quality photo in case they want to save it. Apple does a better job then android does with photos sent through text.
    08-09-18 07:59 PM
    Same here crappy photo send over text with key2.. Agree could be the carrier and/or google messenger apps..
    08-09-18 10:00 PM
    I just tried Textra and....I think it's Google's Messages app that's the issue.

As Nucks26 mentioned above, Textra allows you to change the "MMS Carrier Send Limit" (which you can't do in Messages), and once I did that....boom, problem solved. Pictures sent are no longer compressed and blurry

Edit: No matter what you do, the carrier is going to put a certain bottleneck on MMS content. But at least I don't have the double-whammy of an app putting an additional constraint on picture size. So Textra did the trick
    08-09-18 10:30 PM
    Sorry to hijack your topic, but does anyone know how to enforce Enter to send in the Messages app?
    08-10-18 02:28 PM