"Report" a post and make the request. It will get to a mod.
    Thank you.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-22-19 05:39 PM
    Agree 100%. We should change title as soon as possible as that would trigger more folks reporting issues. How is that done?
    Since I'm the thread starter I would be the one making that request. I haven't decided on what title I want to change it to.
    Bob80220 and bb_bunny like this.
    03-22-19 10:01 PM
    Since I'm the thread starter I would be the one making that request. I haven't decided on what title I want to change it to.
    Thus, no action on my part!
    03-22-19 10:02 PM
    All yours Chief! Good luck!
    03-22-19 10:27 PM
    Maybe this: PKB: inconsistent swiping up for suggested words (with poll to report)
    03-23-19 01:28 AM
    Just found this thread as my K1 is experiencing the same problem from time to time. Please advise if there have been any further developments on this issue @Blaize.

Edited: after re-reading through the later points of this thread, my problem is not in word swipe up, which I seldom do except for really long , but more with the jumpy screen and the cursor occasionally backspace deleting words that I have just typed and then the cursor jumping around also Ala ghost in the machine.

BBB100-3V017
    ABP662
    Android 7.1.1
    05FEB19 security patch
    Sprint
    Last edited by bbtexcracker; 03-24-19 at 09:11 AM.
    03-23-19 12:22 PM
    Just found this thread as my K1 is experiencing the same problem from time to time. Please advise if there have been any further developments on this issue @Blaize.

BBB100-3V017
    ABP662
    Android 7.1.1
    05FEB19 security patch
    Sprint
    You haven't upgraded to Oreo yet ?
    03-23-19 01:31 PM
    You haven't upgraded to Oreo yet ?
    Can't. CDMA.
    03-23-19 01:39 PM
    Can't. CDMA.
    Wouldn't make a difference though. Swiping is still crap on the KEYOne. Just factory resetted mine and updated it with all the latest updates. Middle word swiping is hopeless.
    bb_bunny likes this.
    03-24-19 10:51 AM
    Well, we have allowed this thread to die. However, we still have faith that TCL/BBMo will bestow Honour and Respect for its hard core enthusiasts to continue mitigating a full solution for those of us who have invested, repeatedly in the Brand's success and are yet to receive a true BlackBerry experience with our K2's!
    03-27-19 07:49 PM
    Well, we have allowed this thread to die. However, we still have faith that TCL/BBMo will bestow Honour and Respect for its hard core enthusiasts to continue mitigating a full solution for those of us who have invested, repeatedly in the Brand's success and are yet to receive a true BlackBerry experience with our K2's!
    Why die?
    03-27-19 08:07 PM
    Why die?
    Why not Chuck? After 2,737 posts, have any of the mods helped our case? Has Kevin responded to our PM's? Has BBMo (who monitors this site) offered any clarity? Has any executive had the decency to respond to our PM's? The hard cold answer is NO! What would you do?

All that is left is that Hardcore Blackberry supporters have been shunned! We are the base for BlackBerry, but BlackBerry does not respect us! A shame really that an Icon fails in this manner! Nothing but sadness and regret! But regret does bring into play a decision where, when and who we invest in and support in the future!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 03-27-19 at 09:17 PM.
    03-27-19 08:53 PM
    Why not Chuck? After 2,737 posts, have any of the mods helped our case?!
    What would you expect a forum moderator to do?
    03-27-19 10:52 PM
    What would you expect a forum moderator to do?
    Hey, Hi! Did you smell blood in the water? I cannot engage in such a rhetorical question! Really a waste of time! Sooooo, cheers,
    03-27-19 10:57 PM
    Sorry guys, but in the while.... Did you try to change your way to write and swipe....? I don't know....with the feet fingers, or with the teeth....? It may work. Do not loose faith on the Dear Leader Chen and his prophets...you remember him trying to use a Priv and totally failing in front of the journalist? Lol!!

I wish you can solve your Problem asap. Meanwhile , I have to say you have been great, writing daily with auto ironic posts.

Greetings
    03-28-19 02:19 AM
    The fact that nothing has been reported for awhile in this thread just reflects what BBMo has reported to any of use on the swipe-up issue....nothing.
    03-28-19 08:56 AM
    The fact that nothing has been reported for awhile in this thread just reflects what BBMo has reported to any of use on the swipe-up issue....nothing.
    Crickets from BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support

Bob
    03-28-19 09:09 AM
    Crickets from BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support

Bob
    Yep, nothing but
    03-28-19 09:15 AM
    Hey, Hi! Did you smell blood in the water? I cannot engage in such a rhetorical question! Really a waste of time! Sooooo, cheers,
    This is a response I don't understand? If the others here aren't experiencing the problem, then what are we supposed to do? I'm not a mod but I'm a "Trusted Member" and you've referenced us as well. BBMo is aware of your problems and isn't communicating anything beyond individual responses to each of you that make this appear to be something different than what you believe.

What about the people not experiencing the problems you're experiencing? What if creating a fix that solves your problem, breaks things for the others?

I guess I'm confused as to why you think I or perhaps others should do something? If there's some major issue like KEYone screen lift on initial devices, it appears BBMo took care of the issues. So if there are similar types of problems like yours, in similar percentages affected, I would expect the same response from BBMo support.

If these cases are far more isolated or related to some outlier circumstances, I don't know. BBMo seems to be attempting to accommodate you. If they're unable to fix your problem satisfactorily, do what I do, just move on.

I bought iPhone XR because I need WFC and my carrier doesn't support WFC on even carrier sold and locked BBMo hardware. I bought yet another unlocked BE KEYone because I wanted to go and test other features. I would like a Key2 or Key2 LE but I'm carrier limited for WFC device coverage. BBMo just won't pay AT&T for the WFC support or AT&T doesn't want the money or product fragmentation to. Unfortunately, I don't know the real truth but that's life with any products let alone niche products.

You're entitled to be angry if trapped, but not if you're free to move on to something better. Surely you're not entitled to be angry with anyone here because we choose not to support YOUR cause beyond the attempts we've done here. We're just forum members like you.
    03-28-19 11:12 AM
    This is a response I don't understand? If the others here aren't experiencing the problem, then what are we supposed to do? I'm not a mod but I'm a "Trusted Member" and you've referenced us as well. BBMo is aware of your problems and isn't communicating anything beyond individual responses to each of you that make this appear to be something different than what you believe.

What about the people not experiencing the problems you're experiencing? What if creating a fix that solves your problem, breaks things for the others?

I guess I'm confused as to why you think I or perhaps others should do something? If there's some major issue like KEYone screen lift on initial devices, it appears BBMo took care of the issues. So if there are similar types of problems like yours, in similar percentages affected, I would expect the same response from BBMo support.

If these cases are far more isolated or related to some outlier circumstances, I don't know. BBMo seems to be attempting to accommodate you. If they're unable to fix your problem satisfactorily, do what I do, just move on.

I bought iPhone XR because I need WFC and my carrier doesn't support WFC on even carrier sold and locked BBMo hardware. I bought yet another unlocked BE KEYone because I wanted to go and test other features. I would like a Key2 or Key2 LE but I'm carrier limited for WFC device coverage. BBMo just won't pay AT&T for the WFC support or AT&T doesn't want the money or product fragmentation to. Unfortunately, I don't know the real truth but that's life with any products let alone niche products.

You're entitled to be angry if trapped, but not if you're free to move on to something better. Surely you're not entitled to be angry with anyone here because we choose not to support YOUR cause beyond the attempts we've done here. We're just forum members like you.
    Not at all angry Chuck. Just very disappointed in the whole affair. No worries, life goes on my Freind.
    03-28-19 01:17 PM
    @conite why don't you just make a YouTube movie where you show us that swiping up for you is perfect
    03-28-19 01:45 PM
    @conite why don't you just make a YouTube movie where you show us that swiping up for you is perfect
    Why? I don't need validation.

Frankly I don't use swipe gestures unless I'm typing one handed. I'm 60 wpm with two thumbs.
    03-28-19 01:47 PM
    Why?
    Because there are actually people here who want to see a perfect swiping keyboard in action.

My belief is that although swiping is working most of the time, it's not perfect and sometimes everyone needs a second swipe up to hit the suggested word.

A video where you are typing a text in combination with swiping and every swipe is perfect would be helpful.

And if you have access to a number of devices... try a few.

To me anyone not putting their money where there mouth is in this matter is just a liar.

Or a con artist. Pun intended.
    03-28-19 01:57 PM
    Do you think having the blackberry keyboard optimised ( battery) would have anything to do with the swipe up issues we are experiencing? I have changed my settings and sent two emails with only one word having to get another swipe up. Also the space bar has worked each and every time and inserted a full stop after double clicking. It could of course just be pure luck that the swiping seems settled but time will tell.
    03-28-19 04:18 PM
    Do you think having the blackberry keyboard optimised ( battery) would have anything to do with the swipe up issues we are experiencing? I have changed my settings and sent two emails with only one word having to get another swipe up. Also the space bar has worked each and every time and inserted a full stop after double clicking. It could of course just be pure luck that the swiping seems settled but time will tell.
    That is an imaginative suggestion. I'm giving it a try.
    03-28-19 04:57 PM
2,521 ... 96979899100 ...