Response to my above reply:

"Hello Charles,

Thank you for getting back to us. We don't mean to say you are holding it wrong but this is how it is on the KEY2 not the KEYone.

Our research and development team have looked into this and this is how it works.

The video you sent we can clearly see that your finger is also touching the above keys.

Regards,

Irai R."
    09-26-18 11:58 AM
    It's a feature...not a bug! Rejoice!!!
    09-26-18 11:59 AM
    Wow!!! Ok, so the explanation is that the keyboard is designed this way, which means it is designed incorrectly and does not perform as expected. Will be contacting Walmart for a full refund, although this denial of an issue from BBMo will not help the situation. Also, this known flaw (by design) will cripple resale value of device. Shameful!
    09-26-18 12:11 PM
    Wish I had not sold my K1.
    09-26-18 12:13 PM
    By the way, have been trying to type by lifting my thumbs, a couple of times the phone has almost slipped out of my hands, $650 US will be broken on the floor. BlackBerry, you are finished, the beginning of the end. Very sad.
    09-26-18 12:15 PM
    Are you seeing this more often in non-BlackBerry apps? Personally, outside of BlackBerry apps is the only place I have seen it so far
    As proven in my video (post # 170 above), this happens inside Hub as I compose an email.
    09-26-18 12:46 PM
    Also, this known flaw (by design) will cripple resale value of device. Shameful!
    Indeed: /blackberry-key2-f472/key-2-worth-450-a-1156789/
    09-26-18 01:01 PM
    It's a feature...not a bug! Rejoice!!!
    If that's the case and perhaps there is a sensitivity issues that can't be addressed for whatever hardware / software issue then at least give us granular controls over all the available gesture actions so that users that are highly affected, whether through misuse or hardware / software can at least turn off the specific gesture feature without losing the other!

I think that this needs to be the approach given BlackBerry Mobile conclusion.
    Kraeutermann likes this.
    09-26-18 01:14 PM
    I just posted this on Twitter.
    09-26-18 01:15 PM
    If that's the case and perhaps there is a sensitivity issues that can't be addressed for whatever hardware / software issue then at least give us granular controls over all the available gesture actions so that users that are highly affected, whether through misuse or hardware / software can at least turn off the specific gesture feature without losing the other!

I think that this needs to be the approach given BlackBerry Mobile conclusion.
    In my last reply I mentioned that they need to stop making excuses and fix this in the software. I also sent another link to this thread, stating there are many unhappy campers about this.
    09-26-18 01:17 PM
    I think blackberry passport had perfect keyboard sensitivity. I wonder why they can't replicate that.
    09-26-18 01:24 PM
    I think blackberry passport had perfect keyboard sensitivity. I wonder why they can't replicate that.
    So did the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. No problems with that keyboard. I think BBMo just doesn't want to admit the Key² is essentially defective and the warranty returns they will have to deal with.
    09-26-18 01:33 PM
    So did the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. No problems with that keyboard. I think BBMo just doesn't want to admit the Key² is essentially defective and the warranty returns they will have to deal with.
    Maybe they messed up and they're now releasing the key2 LE without the keyboard sensitivity.
    09-26-18 02:01 PM
    Maybe they messed up and they're now releasing the key2 LE without the keyboard sensitivity.
    Exactly what I was saying all along so basically send us all affected users a $200 check to make up for the difference in price between the KEY² to the LE.
    09-26-18 02:04 PM
    Because it was a BlackBerry's one, not a TCL one...
    09-26-18 02:51 PM
    Exactly what I was saying all along so basically send us all affected users a $200 check to make up for the difference in price between the KEY² to the LE.
    I'll be happy to send my Key² in for a full refund. I can stay with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    09-26-18 03:13 PM
    As proven in my video (post # 170 above), this happens inside Hub as I compose an email.
    Looks like I misunderstood this issue. I thought it was related to scrolling. I looked back and checked your video carefully and re-read the posts above.

I am using a silver BBF100-2, North America unlocked model.

I can definitely confirm that my cursor only pops up when I double tap. And the extended keyboard only on swiping down. Now, when you drag your hands, rest on keys you aren't using etc things get a little more dicey. When I did this I noticed an occasional pop up of cursor mode that I literally had to make an effort to replicate (because I don't normally type that way...I have a more of a 'punch down' technique as opposed to slide and press).

So I am going to say this one IS kind of a hold your phone type of thing...more a way you type kind of thing actually...if you rest your hands on the keyboard or fingers on the keys while typing, slide along the keys etc, occasionally this may be 'misinterpreted' as a double tap or swipe. Its definitely understandable, but perhaps more prevalent on the Key2 because it seems the capacitive feature is quite sensitive. That may also explain the hyper-active scrolling I seem to be experiencing on certain apps when trying to access the speed key and keyboard shortcuts, and my fingers need to 'cross over' each other (sometimes sliding on the keypad accidentally) to reach the intended target.
    09-26-18 03:27 PM
    ......when trying to access the speed key and keyboard shortcuts, and my fingers need to 'cross over' each other (sometimes sliding on the keypad accidentally) to reach the intended target.
    That's exactly the issue. Typing style or not, accessing the Speed Key and using keyboard shortcuts like CTRL + C, X, V etc is somewhat more fluid when hovering over the keys and this where things become very subjective to the individual.

Again, sans KEY² sensitivity, the activation of the cursor navigation bar should ONLY happen on a definitive double tap, not any other way.
    09-26-18 03:37 PM
    The latest response from Blackberry Mobile Care:
    "Hello Charles,

Thank you for getting back to us. I will send them your response and wait for an update.

Regards,

Irai R."
    09-26-18 03:40 PM
    The latest response from Blackberry Mobile Care:
    "Hello Charles,

Thank you for getting back to us. I will send them your response and wait for an update.

Regards,

Irai R."
    Looks like they are still working on it then since I received no feedback whatsoever insofar.
    09-26-18 03:46 PM
    That's exactly the issue. Typing style or not, accessing the Speed Key and using keyboard shortcuts like CTRL + C, X, V etc is somewhat more fluid when hovering over the keys and this where things become very subjective to the individual.

Again, sans KEY² sensitivity, the activation of the cursor navigation bar should ONLY happen on a definitive double tap, not any other way.
    But that only happened for me when I was using the Microsoft Launcher, and was dependent on the speed key and greater accuracy with that key to avoid accidental scrolling the homscreens. Upon returning to BlackBerry launcher, that issue has disappeared because I no longer need it and secondly, the BlackBerry Launcher is obviously optimized to scroll properly with the BlackBerry keypad.

As I said, unless I allow my fingers / palms / thumbs to drag (can also happen by accident) I see neither of the issues described as ' bugs' in this thread.
    09-26-18 03:47 PM
    unless I allow my fingers / palms / thumbs to drag (can also happen by accident) I see neither of the issues described as ' bugs' in this thread.
    That's a matter of typing style and unless BlackBerry tells us that this is a requirement on the KEY² then hovering should not randomly and unexpectedly activate the cursor navigation bar or the SYM keyboard.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-26-18 03:50 PM
    ^^^This^^^
    09-26-18 03:57 PM
    But that only happened for me when I was using the Microsoft Launcher
    Assuming the theory of custom launchers causing erratic capacitive keyboard behavior is true, that should be considered a "bug" because we are often times told here on CrackBerry that Android is about choice and one can install whatever launcher / SMS app they want in case they are not happy with what BlackBerry give them out of the box. Either that or prevent installation of custom launchers or perhaps create a warning message for the user to understand the risks but I don't believe for a second that a custom launcher is what's causing this since it is happening to users with stock launchers.

Just sayin'
    09-26-18 04:18 PM
    That's a matter of typing style and unless BlackBerry tells us that this is a requirement on the KEY² then hovering should not randomly and unexpectedly activate the cursor navigation bar or the SYM keyboard.
    Perhaps. I have never seen a formal instruction manual either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At any rate the Key2 keyboard is a different animal so I suppose some differences from the KeyONE (or any previous BlackBerry for that matter) might be expected...
    09-26-18 04:24 PM
2,521 ... 678910 ...