Really? You have a Chicago in Canada?
    Yes, it's called Waterloo, birth place of BlackBerry!
    02-24-19 07:42 PM
    Even more like pig slop.
    Ropa Vieja
    02-24-19 07:43 PM
    Ropa Vieja
    There's a term I have not heard in quite a while.
    02-24-19 07:45 PM
    Between Miami and Tampa, we’ve got a couple of Cubanos so... we appreciate it
    02-24-19 08:05 PM
    Y muchos Venezolanos en Doralzuela...

Bob
    02-24-19 08:25 PM
    Y muchos Venezolanos en Doralzuela...

Bob
    Si... LOL
    02-24-19 09:49 PM
    Sorry to hear you are part of our club, none of us want to be here. May I suggest that you open a ticket (if you haven't already) with BBMo, as we have, in order to maintain pressure for a full fix.

As for the K3, looks like late 2019 or early 2020 release, if it comes.
    Yeah, I opened my ticket in the first 15 pages of this thread.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-24-19 10:11 PM
    Sorry, we've been suffering so long with this that the memory sometimes fades. Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-24-19 at 10:24 PM.
    02-24-19 10:14 PM
    I'm curious where things stand with your case with BlackBerry Technical Support?

Bob
    02-25-19 07:22 AM
    Well my replacement KEY2 is on a FedEx truck somewhere in the metroplex this morning. I have had updates from FedEx, the TCL Repair Center, and my BlackBerry Technical Support representative. No doubt they will all be updating me once it's been dropped off at the FedEx store I had it routed to for delivery as a signature is required and I'm out and about.

I will report back once I receive it and have some time checking it out.

Edit: As I was typing this post I received a text from FedEx my KEY2 is ready for pickup at the FedEx store... 👍

Bob
    anon(10387168) and Smokeaire like this.
    02-25-19 10:18 AM
    Well my replacement KEY2 is on a FedEx truck somewhere in the metroplex this morning. I have had updates from FedEx, the TCL Repair Center, and my BlackBerry Technical Support representative. No doubt they will all be updating me once it's been dropped off at the FedEx store I had it routed to for delivery as a signature is required and I'm out and about.

I will report back once I receive it and have some time checking it out.

Edit: As I was typing this post I received a text from FedEx my KEY2 is ready for pickup at the FedEx store...

Bob
    Fly, Bob, fly!!!!
    02-25-19 11:57 AM
    I retrieved my replacement KEY2 from FedEx and when I got home and opened up the box boy what a shocking surprise... BBMo shipped me a Red KEY2!!! Just kidding... hahaha

Upon opening the box and inspecting the replacement KEY2, all is looking good... it looks as new which is to be expected. The space bar key is not loose or wobbly and it functions when pressing like my current space bar key. One thing I do notice is the keys on the PKB appear to be more matte looking than my current KEY2. Now I don't remember if my current KEY2's looked that way when new and oil from my fingers and use make them look different than the keypad on the replacement.

The replacement KEY2 has a build date of July 12, 2018 and my current KEY2's build date is August 3, 2018. As it is a refurbished replacement I'm not surprised the build date would be an earlier build. As long as the PKB sensitivity issue doesn't appear I could care less. Unfortunately the device arrived with zero charge on the battery so I'm charging it up before I continue any further setting it up and taking a test drive.

While it's on the charger I'm going to repair/replace some hinges on my kitchen cabinet. I will check back later on once I have been able to check how the typing and swiping functions on this replacement device.

Bob
    02-25-19 12:22 PM
    One thing I do notice is the keys on the PKB appear to be more matte looking than my current KEY2. Now I don't remember if my current KEY2's looked that way when new and oil from my fingers and use make them look different than the keypad on the replacement.
    Every device I inspected including all the ones I purchased had matte keys all of which become oily over time and lose the finish.

Since we are not allowed to discuss any other subject on this thread else @Smokeaire will release hell and send us all to corners with no Wi Fi @Crusader03 started his own thread on the matter.
    02-25-19 12:30 PM
    Every device I inspected including all the ones I purchased had matte keys all of which become oily over time and lose the finish.

Since we are not allowed to discuss any other subject on this thread else @Smokeaire will release hell and send us all to corners with no Wi Fi @Crusader03 started his own thread on the matter.
    Hahaha! I did???
    02-25-19 12:33 PM
    Hahaha! I did???
    RK_BB just likes to post stuff just to be sent into the corner. He's weird that way.
    02-25-19 12:35 PM
    Hahaha! I did???
    Yes you did! I can look it up.
    02-25-19 12:35 PM
    RK_BB just likes to post stuff just to be sent into the corner. He's weird that way.
    Oh yeah? And what if I prove it to you? Will you install Wi Fi in the corner you cheapskate! No? Maybe dialup???
    02-25-19 12:37 PM
    Oh yeah? And what if I prove it to you? Will you install Wi Fi in the corner you cheapskate! No? Maybe dialup???
    Two tin cans and a very long string.
    02-25-19 12:39 PM
    Good to hear you received a good visual replacement to start with. Pretty sure these keys get shiny with usage. I am at the point with my phone I think it's perfect. I have not seen the popup screen for long time and my spaces are working as designed. So I guess I am no longer a Stat in this thread. Here to you joining the phone is working great club.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-25-19 12:39 PM
    Yes you did! I can look it up.
    Hahaha, OK, please refresh my memory.
    02-25-19 12:40 PM
    I figured that was the case as I don't recall what my current KEY2 PKB looked like in October. I wasn't expecting you to make an appearance today.

Bob
    02-25-19 12:41 PM
    Good to hear you received a good visual replacement to start with. Pretty sure these keys get shiny with usage. I am at the point with my phone I think it's perfect. I have not seen the popup screen for long time and my spaces are working as designed. So I guess I am no longer a Stat in this thread. Here to you joining the phone is working great club.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Nope, nope. Unacceptable! We have to get your device messed up so that you stay. Don't kill the stats!
    Smokeaire likes this.
    I retrieved my replacement KEY2 from FedEx and when I got home and opened up the box boy what a shocking surprise... BBMo shipped me a Red KEY2!!! Just kidding... hahaha

Upon opening the box and inspecting the replacement KEY2, all is looking good... it looks as new which is to be expected. The space bar key is not loose or wobbly and it functions when pressing like my current space bar key. One thing I do notice is the keys on the PKB appear to be more matte looking than my current KEY2. Now I don't remember if my current KEY2's looked that way when new and oil from my fingers and use make them look different than the keypad on the replacement.

The replacement KEY2 has a build date of July 12, 2018 and my current KEY2's build date is August 3, 2018. As it is a refurbished replacement I'm not surprised the build date would be an earlier build. As long as the PKB sensitivity issue doesn't appear I could care less. Unfortunately the device arrived with zero charge on the battery so I'm charging it up before I continue any further setting it up and taking a test drive.

While it's on the charger I'm going to repair/replace some hinges on my kitchen cabinet. I will check back later on once I have been able to check how the typing and swiping functions on this replacement device.

Bob
    Keeping the suspense high 😁. I'm not having high hopes.
    I wasn't expecting you to make an appearance today.

Bob
    Well, the wonders of mid air Wi Fi...

Learn @Smokeaire learn....
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-25-19 12:43 PM
    Go Bob Go!!!
    02-25-19 12:43 PM
2,521 ... 6263646566 ...