Covering up or not reporting/ posting issues does not benefit any new or potential BlackBerry Mobile phone buyer. Phone reviewers expose drawbacks all of the time.
    Better the potential buyer go in with eyes wide open.
    Truth... 👍

Bob
    02-23-19 02:32 PM
    As for typing styles being the cause, it has been proven and videos supplied to BBMo Tech Support of the Cursor Mode issue activating with fingers resting motionless on the pkb, just resting motionless or just hovering slightly ABOVE it. No typing or touching the keyboard needed. That indicates sensor sensitivity issues. Apparently those posted reports have been ignored by the typing style proponents.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-23-19 02:48 PM
    Covering up or not reporting/ posting issues does not benefit any new or potential BlackBerry Mobile phone buyer. Phone reviewers expose drawbacks all of the time.
    Better the potential buyer go in with eyes wide open.
    I'm not saying the thread is detrimental, it's actually useful and necessary. I'm just saying to the average new customer, or someone thinking of switching to the key2 from elsewhere, will draw a conclusion based on the thread count which is disproportionate to the # of users experiencing the issue. They will not read read thru 1k+ posts, and instead will assume this issue is widespread and pass on purchasing the key2, which you have to admit this issue is not widespread.
    02-23-19 02:49 PM
    I'm not saying the thread is detrimental, it's actually useful and necessary. I'm just saying to the average new customer, or someone thinking of switching to the key2 from elsewhere, will draw a conclusion based on the thread count which is disproportionate to the # of users experiencing the issue. They will not read read thru 1k+ posts, and instead will assume this issue is widespread and pass on purchasing the key2, which you have to admit this issue is not widespread.
    I feel the issue is widespread but not reported. No doubt there are new users of the KEY2 that have no clue how the swiping of predicted words should properly function. They were not former "BlackBerry" users and are now "BlackBerry Mobile" users.

BlackBerry Mobile needs to retain their primary customer base... former loyal "BlackBerry" users. We are the ones that will be repeat customers, as we have for years, and promote the devices by referring customers to "BlackBerry Mobile." Repeat and referrals... basic sales strategies for success.

In any event, I don't believe there is any harm brought to BlackBerry Mobile discussing this acknowledged and known issue. In the end BlackBerry Mobile will hopefully be better off from it... and we as customers will be as well. Best to expose these issues than sweep them under the carpet. I want to see TCL/BBMo succeed and continue with KEY devices with PKB's for many years. But not PKB's that we have to deal with sensitivity issues on... we didn't with "BlackBerry" devices.

Bob
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-23-19 03:03 PM
    ...which you have to admit this issue is not widespread.
    Kinda hard for me to subscribe to that having tested no less than 5 devices, all of which failed.

Put in on the "typing style" line item and all I have to say is this did not exist on the K1 which makes it a hardware issue invoke-able by a certain "typing style"...

At this point semantics that doesn't change the outcome for the affected.
    02-23-19 03:03 PM
    This thread is what it is for a very good reason. If people are put off by it then they will be put off by the plethora of other issue threads in Crackberry, whether it's about a specific phone or by issues with software or apps (the Hub issue thread comes to mind).
    Perhaps those put-off potential buyers will find less issue threads in other brand forums, but I doubt it.
    anon(10387168) and Bob80220 like this.
    02-23-19 03:14 PM
    I have with great interest read the most recent posts. Your initial salvo does indeed call out this thread as detrimental to BlackBerry and new/old/potential users. Facts are facts. Now, we have heard several opinions here, so I humbly offer up mine. Disclosure of any "Less than Desirable" defect in any product is NOT detrimental to said product, what is detrimental is no effort to correct, that could be devastating! I and everyone with this hyper sensitive issue would have thrown our phones against a wall if we did not sincerely believe in protecting the Brand! This thread serves 2 purposes, 1) an opportunity to fix the issue (which BBMo has fully engaged in), 2) serves as testament that our beloved BlackBerry is serious about providing the best possible experience for its users by listening to its users. Cheers,
    Bob80220, Smokeaire, RK_BB and 1 others like this.
    02-23-19 03:14 PM
    Given I seem to be the only one with February update between the active members here I decided that I should try a wipe since I did a no wipe autoloader and I believe that wiping is definitely a necessary troubleshooting step when things aren't fully fixed / recovered.

We all know how it goes; everything looks dandy immediately post install and then starts going south within just a few days / week thereafter so once again, that grain of salt? Take it...here we go:

Huge difference! I mean swiping up was never like that even after Jan full wipe...not even close!

I think I know what folks are now saying regarding the PRIV / Passport...it's completely effortless...

The biggest question though is whether it will hold up or not and if it doesn't then what the hell is it that mess things up so much over time?

Every single update I say that if it stays like that then I am good but experience proved us all it doesn't so let's hope this time things are different....
    02-24-19 01:11 AM
    Given I seem to be the only one with February update between the active members here I decided that I should try a wipe since I did a no wipe autoloader and I believe that wiping is definitely a necessary troubleshooting step when things aren't fully fixed / recovered.

We all know how it goes; everything looks dandy immediately post install and then starts going south within just a few days / week thereafter so once again, that grain of salt? Take it...here we go:

Huge difference! I mean swiping up was never like that even after Jan full wipe...not even close!

I think I know what folks are now saying regarding the PRIV / Passport...it's completely effortless...

The biggest question though is whether it will hold up or not and if it doesn't then what the hell is it that mess things up so much over time?

Every single update I say that if it stays like that then I am good but experience proved us all it doesn't so let's hope this time things are different....
    On your first sentence oh ye of miniscule memory, I also did a no-wipe autoload of the Feb update. I too have contemplated doing a wipe update; but since starting from scratch for the fourth or fifth time does not float my boat I'll make a bag of and wait for your and Bob's report in the coming day or two.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 02-24-19 at 04:59 AM.
    02-24-19 04:44 AM
    It will be of interest to see how the PKB sensitivity continues after your doing a full wipe... certainly not something I have considered or would look forward to doing. As it will also be of interest how my replacement KEY2 functions once I receive it tomorrow. Obviously this replacement device will be factory fresh so I'm assuming it will function as if I did a full wipe on my current KEY2. Except for the fact it won't have the February update.

That being said, I looked back through my emails as to when I first made contact with BlackBerry Technical Support regarding the PKB sensitivity issue. I picked up my new KEY2 from Best Buy on Friday, October 12. After setting it up doing all the updates and doing a fresh install of my Apps I reached out to BlackBerry Technical Support on Monday, October 15. So even starting off fresh I was aware of this PKB sensitivity issue from the get go as I set it up over that weekend.

Bob
    02-24-19 08:27 AM
    On your first sentence oh ye of miniscule memory, I also did a no-wipe autoload of the Feb update.
    Yes you did. My bad!
    02-24-19 09:55 AM
    Obviously this replacement device will be factory fresh so I'm assuming it will function as if I did a full wipe on my current KEY2. Except for the fact it won't have the February update.
    I suggest that you power up the new device, OTA Feb then wipe again before you start device configuration / app installation.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-24-19 09:59 AM
    I suggest that you power up the new device, OTA Feb then wipe again before you start device configuration / app installation.
    Unfortunately the February update hasn't been pushed OTA to the PRD-003 KEY2's yet. So I will be on the January build with the replacement and my current KEY2.

Bob
    02-24-19 10:04 AM
    Unfortunately the February update hasn't been pushed OTA to the PRD-003 KEY2's yet. So I will be on the January build with the replacement and my current KEY2.

Bob
    Looks like it's going to get skipped...with that in mind hopefully March is even better!
    02-24-19 10:13 AM
    Looks like it's going to get skipped...with that in mind hopefully March is even better!
    Yes, that thought had occurred to me as well. Similarly to getting skipped over with the December update and receiving January OTA. In any event, tomorrow I will set up the replacement KEY2 with my Google Accounts and a couple of apps. CrackBerry for sure and maybe BBM and WhatsApp. I want to see how the PKB functions when typing and swiping in email and texting. I will at some point pop in my SIM card to do some texting via the messaging app as well. I need to keep my current KEY2 active with my phone number while I'm fiddling around with the replacement device.

Bob
    02-24-19 10:21 AM
    Yes, that thought had occurred to me as well. Similarly to getting skipped over with the December update and receiving January OTA. In any event, tomorrow I will set up the replacement KEY2 with my Google Accounts and a couple of apps. CrackBerry for sure and maybe BBM and WhatsApp. I want to see how the PKB functions when typing and swiping in email and texting. I will at some point pop in my SIM card to do some texting via the messaging app as well. I need to keep my current KEY2 active with my phone number while I'm fiddling around with the replacement device.

Bob
    If your replacement device test results show no over sensitive PKB (cursor mode) and consistent swiping success I will ask for a replacement device myself.

Still have a KEYone to bridge the time gap waiting for the whole procedure to complete so even if they take a couple of weeks to send a replacement I have a backup 😊
    02-24-19 11:57 AM
    If your replacement device test results show no over sensitive PKB (cursor mode) and consistent swiping success I will ask for a replacement device myself.

Still have a KEYone to bridge the time gap waiting for the whole procedure to complete so even if they take a couple of weeks to send a replacement I have a backup
    I could be wrong, but do not believe it works like that. They will put a hold on your credit card and ship replacement, you then send yours back once your satisfied with said replacement and the hold comes off. This way, you are never without a K2 phone. Am I correct guys?
    02-24-19 02:31 PM
    I could be wrong, but do not believe it works like that. They will put a hold on your credit card and ship replacement, you then send yours back once your satisfied with said replacement and the hold comes off. This way, you are never without a K2 phone. Am I correct Bob?
    That's correct.
    02-24-19 02:32 PM
    That's correct.
    Thanks RK_BB.
    02-24-19 02:33 PM
    I could be wrong, but do not believe it works like that. They will put a hold on your credit card and ship replacement, you then send yours back once your satisfied with said replacement and the hold comes off. This way, you are never without a K2 phone. Am I correct guys?
    Here is how it went for me here in the states... I have no idea how BlackBerry Technical Support handles things in other parts of the world.

I was offered 2 options... I could send my current device in for repair or get an advance exchange replacement. The replacement device is a refurbished device. Now I can't confirm if advance exchanges are offered globally to everyone or if only repairs are offered. I can only speak to my current situation and interaction with the representative I was working with.

Once he/she sets up the advance exchange you are sent a link to submit all your information and your devices information... including your proof of purchase. That is a requirement so you best have your receipt. Yes, with an advance exchange you provide your credit card and BBMo puts a $600.00 hold on your credit card to assure you will either return your current device or return the replacement.

TCL has a Repair Center in a suburb of Chicago which is where my replacement device has been shipped from.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 02-24-19 at 03:29 PM.
    02-24-19 03:09 PM
    Here is how it went for me here in the states... I have no idea how BlackBerry Technical Support handles things in other parts of the world.

I was offered 2 options... I could send my current device in for repair or get an advance exchange replacement. The replacement device is a refurbished device. Now I can't confirm if advance exchanges are offered globally to everyone or if only repairs are offered. I can only speak to my current situation and interaction with the representative I was working with.

Once he/she sets up the advance exchange you are sent a link to submit all your information and your devices information... including your proof of purchase. That is a requirement so you best have your receipt. Yes, with an advance exchange you provide your credit card and BBMo puts a $600.00 hold on your credit card to assure you will either return your current device or return the replacement.

TCL has a Repair Center in a suburb or Chicago which is where my replacement device has been shipped from.

Bob
    Same process in !
    02-24-19 03:27 PM
    Everyone please check the following settings and report back:

Settings \ Apps & notifications, tap - "see all apps" at the bottom of the screen \ tap the three dots on the upper right corner of the screen and hit "show system"

Look for "Android System WebView" and report if the app is disabled.
    02-24-19 03:31 PM
    Mine says "disabled". What is it for @RK_BB? Should we enable it?
    02-24-19 03:36 PM
    Mine says "disabled". What is it for @RK_BB?
    WebView had been problematic for the BlackBerry keyboard and I was wondering if Feb update disabled it or it was disabled before.
    02-24-19 03:38 PM
    I'm not seeing it...

Bob
    02-24-19 03:39 PM
2,521 ... 6061626364 ...