Short answer Chuck is no. Cheers,
    So my capacitive PKB on my device is effed up?
    02-12-19 07:09 AM
    @RK_BB I am with @Bla1ze on this - it is not bothersome. But it definitely needs to be improved upon and eventually fixed. And I am willing to support both community and BB in such an efforts.
    It's obviously very bothersome for many on this thread. Rightfully so.
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    02-12-19 09:28 AM
    Cursor issue was real and I strongly believe not a function of typing style---pretty sure, since I experimented extensively with very careful key picking but still triggered and therefore decided to turn off PKB gestures entirely; however, the January update has helped, involuntary cursory mode has still happens but dramatically less. Generally no issues with flicking.
    02-12-19 10:52 AM
    As a result, I now use Key2 with PKB gestures on, and it is a much more pleasant experience.
    02-12-19 10:53 AM
    I am pleased that some new KEY2 owners are posting about the PKB sensitivity issue in this thread... It certainly gives more credibility to this being a real issue and not, as some believe, an isolated issue.

I am curious if some KEY2 owners are new to a BlackBerry device because of the PKB and might not have an appreciation or understanding for the swiping function and a capacitive keyboard like those of us who are long time users of BlackBerry devices. As I mentioned previously, the KEY2 is not a BlackBerry device as some of us know them, but rather a BlackBerry device by name and are a TCL/BBMo device.

As was referenced in another thread, TCL/BBMo has technicians in China that handle the reported issues and they might not have the familiarity with a PKB and how it should properly function like the BlackBerry devices prior to the TCL/BBMo devices... just a thought I had based on my interaction with the current BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support regarding the PKB sensitivity issue.

I will continue to remain hopeful that BBMo can and will find a resolution to this issue. It appears that they did make an attempt with the update from a couple of weeks ago. That tells me they are looking into this issue and having them request videos from me showing the PKB sensitivity issue, I feel encouraged that even though there was some relief to the issue with that update they are interested to see what I am still experiencing.

I am waiting for a response from BlackBerry Technical Support from my email back to them yesterday where they offered to repair or replace my KEY2. Hopefully I will hear from them soon although from my experience days pass before I get return emails unfortunately.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-12-19 12:13 PM
    Well my phone is basically garbage. I have to deliberately press and watch the space bar that I actually get a space. Pretty much defeating the want of a pkb. I might look at contacting them and see about warranty. I have felt all along its a hardware problem. Unless this patch made the response so lame and slow it can't acknowledge the space in time. It almost looks like that when I'm typing there is a hesitation. Pretty lame for a phone that cost 900 dollars and worked ok for 6 months. This is not a do it yourself kind of swap. Way to much at risk.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-12-19 12:18 PM
    Well my phone is basically garbage. I have to deliberately press and watch the space bar that I actually get a space. Pretty much defeating the want of a pkb. I might look at contacting them and see about warranty. I have felt all along its a hardware problem. Unless this patch made the response so lame and slow it can't acknowledge the space in time. It almost looks like that when I'm typing there is a hesitation. Pretty lame for a phone that cost 900 dollars and worked ok for 6 months. This is not a do it yourself kind of swap. Way to much at risk.

Reg
    Obviously your issue is not the one being discussed here. You have an unequivocal hardware malfunction.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-12-19 12:37 PM
    Actually my issues are exactly what is discussed here. The keyboard has a mind of its own. I have seen much less of the cursor mode but still get the other kb pop up.

I kind of blame crackberry if I would have just bought the phone and used it probably would be happy. I came here and used up a year's worth of typing in 6 months.

Reg
    02-12-19 12:58 PM
    Actually my issues are exactly what is discussed here. The keyboard has a mind of its own. I have seen much less of the cursor mode but still get the other kb pop up.

I kind of blame crackberry if I would have just bought the phone and used it probably would be happy. I came here and used up a year's worth of typing in 6 months.

Reg
    Ha!

I'd still send it in for repair, and get another 6 months of over-use!
    02-12-19 01:11 PM
    For the folks who are new to the thread, please ensure you open a case with BBMo so that our whole community can benefit from a complete fix. Cheers,
    Bob80220 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-12-19 01:53 PM
    It has come to my attention via a warning, that I inadvertently circumvented the language filter. I would like to publically apologize to any offended members as that was not, nor shall it ever be my intent.

I do however, whole heartedly stand by the intent of my post.

Cheers and the battle to make our phones and this forum better continues...
    Smokeaire and Summer_Moon like this.
    02-12-19 03:00 PM
    It has come to my attention via a warning, that I inadvertently circumvented the language filter. I would like to publically apologize to any offended members as that was not, nor shall it ever be my intent.
    Having read your posts I obviously missed any offensive words or comments you made. In any event, thanks for manning up and apologizing to whoever you may have offended.

I certainly wasn't one but I will accept your apology anyway... 😂

Bob
    anon(10387168) and Smokeaire like this.
    02-12-19 03:25 PM

I do however, whole heartedly stand by the intent of my post.

Cheers and the battle to make our phones and this forum better continues...
    Well I missed it. Too bad, it might have given me a chuckle or two.
    02-12-19 03:29 PM
    Well I missed it. Too bad, it might have given me a chuckle or two.
    Having read your posts I obviously missed any offensive words or comments you made.
    Same. Missed it.
    02-12-19 03:32 PM
    Same. Missed it.
    Well, I'd repost it for you, but that might be problematic for me!
    RK_BB, TheBond, Bob80220 and 1 others like this.
    02-12-19 04:24 PM
    Well, I'd repost it for you, but that might be problematic for me!
    Not my problem... 😁

Bob
    02-12-19 05:08 PM
    Interestingly enough, I got this email response from BBMo today. It is hopeful and very telling. @conite, how would you interpret "Common Issue" ? Not specific, but Common. Cheers,

Good morning dear Damien

The case was properly escalated when this ticket was created, like you said, you can see a tiny improvement on the sensitivity of the PKB, however we are asking for permission on your end to set the case as resolve since the Tier3 department they already know this is a common issue and they're already working on so on our end no further steps can be taken, this issue will be fixed within the future updates. I also left this information on your voicemail.

Kind regards!

Thank you for your response. I would however prefer to leave the ticket open as the issue persists. Thank you,

Sent from Damien's Blackberry K2

Show quoted text
    TheBond likes this.
    02-12-19 05:36 PM
    Interestingly enough, I got this email response from BBMo today. It is hopeful and very telling. @conite, how would you interpret "Common Issue" ? Not specific, but Common. Cheers,

Good morning dear Damien

The case was properly escalated when this ticket was created, like you said, you can see a tiny improvement on the sensitivity of the PKB, however we are asking for permission on your end to set the case as resolve since the Tier3 department they already know this is a common issue and they're already working on so on our end no further steps can be taken, this issue will be fixed within the future updates. I also left this information on your voicemail.

Kind regards!

Thank you for your response. I would however prefer to leave the ticket open as the issue persists. Thank you,

Show quoted text
    Hard to say, as the language is pretty rough, but I would assume this is something they have heard of before and are actively working on it.
    02-12-19 05:41 PM

Good morning dear Damien

Kind regards!

Show quoted text
    Are you kidding me??? You mean there is an issue with the sensitivity of the PKB on the KEY2?

I find that difficult to believe from some of the posts in this thread... Damn!!! Unbelievable!!!

Bob
    02-12-19 05:42 PM

Good morning dear Damien

Kind regards!

Show quoted text
    More than reassuring, it is nice to finally have a confirmation for the issue being "common", whether others, as a result of typing style or not experience the same.

Can't wait for the next update! @conite you know I will need your help with the autoloader after I will "brick" my device again because I won't be able to handle the wait! Counting on you.
    anon(10387168) and TheBond like this.
    02-12-19 05:43 PM
    Hard to say, as the language is pretty rough, but I would assume this is something they have heard of before and are actively working on it.
    Language is pretty rough? I was able to understand this email perfectly... hahaha

Bob
    02-12-19 05:45 PM
    Hard to say? Really? That's it? Because English might be a second language for this BBMo employee? What is your true motivation to discount every members attempt at 1) exposing this issue that affects our community and 2) not supporting a fix? I just don't get it! Hard to say? Common issue is hard for you to grasp? Why? When we need the support of every member and admin in order to ensure that no one else in our community is affected (to a lesser or greater extent) you balk. I am very curious as to why!
    RK_BB, Smokeaire and Bbfan1614 like this.
    02-12-19 05:50 PM
    Language is pretty rough? I was able to understand this email perfectly... hahaha

Bob
    I was asked to precisely define "common". It's not an exact word even in English.

We're no farther ahead than before. Does it mean 50 other complaints, 0.1%, 1%, or 10%. Who knows?
    02-12-19 05:51 PM
    Hard to say? Really? That's it? Because English might be a second language for this BBMo employee? What is your true motivation to discount every members attempt at 1) exposing this issue that affects our community and 2) not supporting a fix? I just don't get it! Hard to say? Common issue is hard for you to grasp? Why? When we need the support of every member and admin in order to ensure that no one else in our community is affected (to a lesser or greater extent) you balk. I am very curious as to why!
    1). I've never questioned anyone's claim. Ever.

2). I very much hope you get a fix.

What have you been reading?
    02-12-19 05:53 PM
    I was asked to precisely define "common". It's not an exact word even in English.
    I am at a loss to come up with an appropriate response other than your replies are not totally unexpected.

Bob
    02-12-19 05:55 PM
2,521 ... 4950515253 ...