How did you bring up this screen?
    Sorry can't remember, it is a screen shot from a while ago. Should I not be posting it?
    09-17-18 11:09 PM
    Sorry can't remember, it is a screen shot from a while ago. Should I not be posting it?
    You can certainly post it! It actually shows more information than I had asked for so I thought to add the instructions to producing this screen to my request.

That's OK; we'll try yo make due with what we have.

Thank you!
    09-17-18 11:14 PM
    Here's my info;
    Device Manufacture Date; 20180725
    Device Color; Black
    Retailer; Amazon, US
    Build Number; ABE181
    Model Number; BBF100-2

Thinking about this issue, I wonder if Cursor Mode should be an option for a keyboard shortcut or the convenience key instead of double tap the keyboard to activate. I developed a drag my fingers across the keys style of typing on my BlackBerrys years ago (I feel the key shape and know to press there), but I think this is what the keyboard sees as a double tap.
    09-18-18 03:56 AM
    Here's my info;
    Device Color; Black
    Retailer; Amazon, US
    Build Number; ABE181
    Model Number; BBF100-2

Thinking about this issue, I wonder if Cursor Mode should be an option for a keyboard shortcut or the convenience key instead of double tap the keyboard to activate. I developed a drag my fingers across the keys style of typing on my BlackBerrys years ago (I feel the key shape and know to press there), but I think this is what the keyboard sees as a double tap.
    I type pretty much the same as you do. I also rest my thumbs on the keyboard and space key which activates cursor mode way too frequently.
    Since I've sent my Key² in for keyboard replacement I've been using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Both are running the same keyboard software version. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is not having this issue. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard is firmer and does require more pressure on the keys to type than the Key². That may be what the problem is with the Key² keyboard, the keys don't really have enough resistance to pressure.
    09-18-18 04:38 AM
    Yeah, it seems to be touch sensitivity not typing pressure/ feedback for me. There is a cursor mode in the expanded menu of the word suggest bar, it brings up a touch screen cursor control. Maybe on all PKB BlackBerrys it should just put the keyboard in cursor mode.
    09-18-18 08:12 AM
    Re post # 71, so far I received information from @Crusader03 @TheBond and @SteveNoza. - other than @Crusader03, I will need your PRD as well. See below*.

@Smokeaire @Egonzalez1978 @Oscar SSM - please send yours in and add your PRD #.

*In order to find your PRD, go to phone dialpad and type in *#2886#, press "MANU" , go to the very top option and press "Traceability", to leave that mode, tap the Back button, scroll all the way down and press "Exit"
    09-18-18 05:47 PM
    Here's my info;
    Device Color; Black
    Retailer; Amazon, US
    Build Number; ABE181
    Model Number; BBF100-2

You hit the nail on the head! Bang on, I have the same typing style, plus a short pause to check typing and bingo, cursor mode and anarchy!
    RK_BB and Smokeaire like this.
    09-18-18 05:55 PM
    Re post # 71, so far I received information from @Crusader03 @TheBond and @SteveNoza. - other than @Crusader03, I will need your PRD as well. See below*.
    @Smokeaire @Egonzalez1978 @Oscar SSM - please send yours in and add your PRD #.

*In order to find your PRD, go to phone dialpad and type in *#2886#, press "MANU" , go to the very top option and press "Traceability", to leave that mode, tap the Back button, scroll all the way down and press "Exit"
    I'll have to wait for my phone to come back from repair. Obviously.
    09-18-18 06:05 PM
    Thanks for collecting this info, here's my data:
    Date: 20180721
    Product name: BBF100-6
    Software version: ABC369
    Hardware version: PRD-63828-022
    09-18-18 06:53 PM
    Thanks for collecting this info, here's my data:
    Date: 20180721
    Product name: BBF100-6
    Software version: ABC369
    Hardware version: PRD-63828-022
    Thank you! Where did you purchase your device? What is the color of your device? And since you seem to be new to this thread, you are experiencing the random cursor navigation bar activation, correct?
    09-18-18 08:03 PM
    @Smokeaire @Crusader03 @Egonzalez1978 @Oscar SSM @SteveNoza @TheBond @Oscar SSM

It looks like we are getting somewhere! Seems like it's a software quirk, in which case device replacement won't be needed. These are positive news IMO (if it can be fully confirmed).

I will update when I know more; please continue to submit your information - this is exactly what helped to achieve this temporary conclusion.
    09-18-18 08:24 PM
    I bought mine through a reseller that imports them here in Santiago de Chile. I have the black version, dual SIM, 64 GB storage. I confirm I have the same issue as stated before, my guess is this can be fixed with a software update
    09-18-18 08:48 PM
    I called them and complained. Then I turned to the wall at my room and did the same. There was no change in the result.
    Did you ever get the replacement phone?
    09-19-18 03:40 AM
    Did you ever get the replacement phone?
    I did not
    09-19-18 09:50 AM
    Seems there was a Keyboard update today, problem for me seems to still be there. Perhaps a little more muted. Can anyone else comment? Cheers,
    09-19-18 11:03 AM
    I noticed this after the Keyboard update. I don't remember seeing this Key Pop Up before.
    Hmm...perhaps it's for the VKB.
    09-19-18 11:55 AM
    I noticed this after the Keyboard update. I don't remember seeing this Key Pop Up before.
    Hmm...perhaps it's for the VKB. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f93baf9396.jpg
    It is for the VKB. It was there before
    09-19-18 12:10 PM
    Seems there was a Keyboard update today, problem for me seems to still be there. Perhaps a little more muted. Can anyone else comment? Cheers,
    Indeed. So far much better it seems though it does still happen occasionally.

Anyone? Please report?
    09-19-18 12:15 PM
    It is for the VKB. It was there before
    Makes sense. I never use the VKB.
    09-19-18 12:40 PM
    I'm supposed to receive my keyboard replaced Key² today. I'm interested to see if the replacement keyboard is built as well as the original.
    Of course I'm going to test it to see if the cursor mode issue has been resolved. If it is, with the Beta keyboard update from yesterday, it will be difficult to determine the origin of the resolution, the keyboard replacement or the update. Maybe a bit of both.
    09-20-18 07:27 AM
    Maybe a bit of both.
    I sure do hope it's one or the other! If not, we are headed towards mess...
    09-20-18 10:36 AM
    I sure do hope it's one or the other! If not, we are headed towards mess...
    Now I won't know until tomorrow as checking with FedEx my phone will be arriving then, not today as was indicated earlier. Oh well. Saturday is a good day for having the free time to set it up and testing.
    09-20-18 11:00 AM
    Called BlackBerry Mobile for an update only to be told there isn't any, that's 10 days after I opened an advanced exchange ticket and my cc was hit with hold charges.

I was told that I will receive an update by 2:00 pm Pacific; I will update if and when the update comes through.

Pressed for a more definitive status update; I believe that they are still testing whether that's a software or hardware issue.
    09-20-18 11:52 AM
    Called BlackBerry Mobile for an update only to be told there isn't any, that's 10 days after I opened an advanced exchange ticket and my cc was hit with hold charges.

I was told that I will receive an update by 2:00 pm Pacific; I will update if and when the update comes through.

Pressed for a more definitive status update; I believe that they are still testing whether that's a software or hardware issue.
    From my experience from the last couple of days I can tell you that at BBMO one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I won't go into the whole communications debacle but Tuesday a customer support person told me that a tracking ticket (FedEx) won't be generated until NEXT Wednesday ( a week from yesterday). After getting into a heated exchange I hung up. A half hour later I received an email from the repair center indicating that my phone was repaired and the FedEx tracking number.
    I think it is a crap shoot when calling BBMO support.
    09-20-18 12:31 PM
    I'm supposed to receive my keyboard replaced Key² today. I'm interested to see if the replacement keyboard is built as well as the original.
    Of course I'm going to test it to see if the cursor mode issue has been resolved. If it is, with the Beta keyboard update from yesterday, it will be difficult to determine the origin of the resolution, the keyboard replacement or the update. Maybe a bit of both.
    How's it going guys, sorry you all are going through these unfortunate issues as a KEY² owner myself if I was having the same issue wouldn't be happy at all. And wish you the best of luck. But I was wondering about something in your post...you said you downloaded the beta keyboard update...are you on beta as well as the others? Although I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread And if so, could it be bugs that you are encoutering?
    09-20-18 12:56 PM
2,521 ... 23456 ...