There is no reason for them to admit anything. This goes back to very same thing I communicated several times since the beginning: there are just not enough people complaining about this for it to become a bigger issue than what it really is for anyone affected.

Fact of the matter is that this bothers just a few people that contribute to this thread and then perhaps a handful of more that we don't know of.

This doesn't compare one bit to the media noise the K1 screengate made that ultimately forced BlackBerry Mobile to issue a statement.

As long as there is no immediate reputation risk we will see no public acknowledgment and the fact is that if they don't fix it we will have to continue living with it, hope that K3 doesn't have it or go elsewhere...
    Come to think about it, another reason this matter is not reported widely as it should be is perhaps because people don't care about $700.00 as much as they should...

I am wondering how quickly we would have seen a fix had this device was priced at $1400.00...
    01-09-19 01:16 PM
    There is no reason for them to admit anything. This goes back to very same thing I communicated several times since the beginning: there are just not enough people complaining about this for it to become a bigger issue than what it really is for anyone affected.

Fact of the matter is that this bothers just a few people that contribute to this thread and then perhaps a handful of more that we don't know of.

This doesn't compare one bit to the media noise the K1 screengate made that ultimately forced BlackBerry Mobile to issue a statement.

As long as there is no immediate reputation risk we will see no public acknowledgment and the fact is that if they don't fix it we will have to continue living with it, hope that K3 doesn't have it or go elsewhere...
    I mean just look at this uber rare personal involvement of @BlackBerry Mobile and @BlackberrySupportTeam during the K1 Screengate in posts # 87 - 88

Guess our issue is not that important....
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-09-19 09:32 PM
    If any of you use in-line Reply from the notifications shade you will notice that the cursor mode bug doesn't rear its head while typing your reply.
    01-10-19 01:28 PM
    Okay thanks for info

However, I still can't reproduce! I think I'm lucky!!!

But i'm facing other issue where virtual keyboard gets popped up occasionally. Any clue about this?
    You are probably hovering or brushing your thumb over the "sym" key...

I could happily live without cursor mode it's useless especially with the sensitivity when you double tap but not depress the key.. And the lack thereof when you swipe too fast. That's the only time I miss my Priv.
    01-11-19 09:29 AM
    The latest email from Irai @ Blackberry Mobile Care.
    01-11-19 10:19 AM
    The latest email from Irai @ Blackberry Mobile Care.
    The best acknowledgment I have read so far! Wow, I will take it for some kind of admission. Promising stuff.

Plus, our own analysis concluding that typing style has a lot to do with it is pretty much on the money!

Perhaps you can reply to him with the Reddit link and ask if that update is the supposed cure all?
    01-11-19 10:22 AM
    The best acknowledgment I have read so far! Wow, I will take it for some kind of admission. Promising stuff.

Plus, our own analysis concluding that typing style has a lot to do with it is pretty much on the money!

Perhaps you can reply to him with the Reddit link and ask if that update is the supposed cure all?
    It's pretty much what we have stated, even the choice of words. Looks like they have followed our threads pretty closely.
    Hopefully we'll see the update soon. I'm getting pretty tired of this now.
    RK_BB likes this.
    01-11-19 05:33 PM
    Hopefully we'll see the update soon. I'm getting pretty tired of this now.
    According to that Reddit link a possible fix is coming in February or March.

Bob
    01-11-19 05:41 PM
    According to that Reddit link a possible fix is coming in February or March.

Bob
    It looks like way more than just a fix. It seems to be a whole redesign of the keyboard software, away from what we have installed now. So the rumors go anyway.
    01-11-19 06:09 PM
    It looks like way more than just a fix. It seems to be a whole redesign of the keyboard software, away from what we have installed now. So the rumors go anyway.
    In any event, it will be interesting to see what TCL/BBMo releases in a couple of months.

Bob
    Jake2826 and anon(10387168) like this.
    01-11-19 06:41 PM
    In any event, it will be interesting to see what TCL/BBMo releases in a couple of months.

Bob
    Better spacebars and cameras?

I'm excited
    TheBond likes this.
    01-12-19 07:13 PM

I'm excited
    Willing to pay more for a variant with no camera!

This is off topic though and if we don't want to get slapped by OP we better stop. I am on probation as it is...
    01-12-19 07:48 PM

I'm excited
    Since I'm not experiencing any spacebar key issues, and the camera is adequate for my needs, I'm hoping for an update that gets the PKB issues resolved. According to that Reddit link, if factual, that is what is in the pipeline.

I am excited to get this update without a doubt... 👍

Bob
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    01-12-19 07:56 PM
    Willing to pay more for a variant with no camera!

This is off topic though and if we don't want to get slapped by OP we better stop. I am on probation as it is...
    Hahaha!!!
    01-12-19 10:00 PM
    This is reassuring, if not a little frustrating that the fix might arrive six months after I purchased my Key2. I have large thumbs, so it's almost impossible for me to hold my Key2 and not touch the Sym, Shift or Alt keys while typing.
    01-13-19 06:26 AM
    Thank you so much! I would never have thought to look under languages!
    01-16-19 09:00 PM
    Thank you so much! I would never have thought to look under languages!
    (I was responding to Blaize giving me the solution to getting rid of the damned gestures!)
    01-17-19 02:06 AM
    Look at this post!

It reaffirm the Reddit thread.
    01-17-19 11:12 AM
    Look at this post!

It reaffirm the Reddit thread.
    How does it reaffirm it? I don't read anything in that thread that implies that.
    01-17-19 11:32 AM
    How does it reaffirm it? I don't read anything in that thread that implies that.
    LiamQ also noted here that this particular word substitution keyboard module was written quite a wrong way, and it has to be made from scratch again.
    01-17-19 11:38 AM
    LiamQ also noted here that this particular word substitution keyboard module was written quite a wrong way, and it has to be made from scratch again.
    Funny how LQ never indicated that there will be rewrite from scratch about this issue.
    01-17-19 12:24 PM
    Funny how LQ never indicated that there will be rewrite from scratch about this issue.
    While this issue has nothing to do with ours, the discussion does indicate the dev admitting that this specific software module has to be rewritten.

My personal reading of this affirm the Reddit thread.
    01-17-19 12:44 PM
    While this issue has nothing to do with ours, the discussion does indicate the dev admitting that this specific software module has to be rewritten.

My personal reading of this affirm the Reddit thread.
    We take our hope wherever we can get it.
    01-17-19 12:49 PM
    We take our hope wherever we can get it.
    Happy to deliver!
    01-17-19 12:51 PM
    Happy to deliver!
    Oops! I didn't mean I got any hope from that. I've never been the one to see Unicorns in clouds.
    01-17-19 02:08 PM
2,521 ... 3536373839 ...