I'm on the Beta version too. Interesting theory if the non beta will be beneficial. If you try it, can you please report back? Cheers,
    Absolutely.
    12-07-18 12:15 PM
    OK, I'm trying something just for S&Gs'. I've turned off double tap for notifications just to see if that makes any difference. I'll report back if it does.
    Now about the swipe up reluctance, it is still bad.
    12-07-18 02:56 PM
    OK, I'm trying something just for S&Gs'. I've turned off double tap for notifications just to see if that makes any difference. I'll report back if it does.
    Are you on keyboard Beta or Public? I just switched to Puiblic...let's see!
    12-07-18 04:11 PM
    Are you on keyboard Beta or Public? I just switched to Puiblic...let's see!
    Beta.
    12-07-18 04:11 PM
    Beta.
    OK! Let's test and circle back. So far so good on my end....
    12-07-18 04:12 PM
    Well, it looks like the keyboard version posted by @Bob80220 is public which means that the Beta version is current.

The interesting bit though is that rolling out of Beta seem to have significantly improved matters which I think is more related to bugs that cleared while restoring the keyboard app to the "factory version" which got updated later on to the latest public version.

Next thing up is a device factory wipe!
    12-07-18 09:13 PM
    So does tuning off double tap for notifications help the cause in any way?

"S&Gs" - I learned something new!
    12-08-18 09:40 AM
    Check this out:

BlackBerry Keyboard settings \ Keyboard extensions

Turn Off: "Show quick modes above keyboard"

So far so good!
    Last edited by RK_BB; 12-09-18 at 12:53 PM.
    12-08-18 09:45 AM
    So does tuning off double tap for notifications help the cause in any way?

"S&Gs" - I learned something new!
    Well, I haven't typed enough to be 100% sure but I haven't had the pop-up issue so far. The swipe up problem doesn't seemed to be fixed though.
    12-08-18 09:58 AM
    Well, I haven't typed enough to be 100% sure but I haven't had the pop-up issue so far. The swipe up problem doesn't seemed to be fixed though.
    Are you referring to Display \ Tap to wake

Turn this feature Off

Yes?
    12-08-18 10:05 AM
    I think I am noticing a difference between typing in different apps.

BBM & SMS seem to be pretty sensitive whereas typing in the CrackBerry app is pretty error free....

Could be a WebView issue!
    12-08-18 10:13 AM
    Are you referring to Display \ Tap to wake

Turn this feature Off

Yes?
    Yes. Tap to wake. So far in all the text messages I've sent and the few posts here I haven't seen the problem once.
    12-08-18 11:25 AM
    Update: Having typed on my Key² now for a couple of days with "Double Tap" turned off and not having any Cursor Mode pop-up issues I've now turned it back on to see if it makes any difference. So far in typing this no problems yet. Still on the Beta keyboard version.
    12-09-18 08:59 AM
    Check this out:

BlackBerry Keyboard settings \ Keyboard extensions

Turn Off: "Show quick modes above keyboard"

So far so good!
    In addition to this , @TheBond and I extensively tested adjuststing the Display & Font size to the default options and the improvement seem significant so far.

Next in order is a full device wipe to clear any remaining gremlins but I am happy to say that I think we narrowed it down to the keyboard extensions option, more so than anything else.
    In my analysis this has no significance on the issue at all.
    Last edited by RK_BB; 12-09-18 at 12:55 PM.
    12-09-18 10:03 AM
    Could someone help clarify what is meant by "keyboard update" (as opposed to the System update (ABK892) which I just loaded (replacing ABJ755)?

Also, I understand things are in a bit of flux, but is there any way to summarize what the consensus on best practices to avoid the "PKB random cursor activation" probblem currently: eg (a) Display/Double tap=off; (b) BB keyboard settings\keyboard extensions\ : turn off "show quickmode above keyboard"; etc; Previous suggestions have included turn off "show predicitions", disable KB gestures, etc.

Many thanks!
    12-09-18 05:07 PM
    Update: Having typed on my Key² now for a couple of days with "Double Tap" turned off and not having any Cursor Mode pop-up issues I've now turned it back on to see if it makes any difference. So far in typing this no problems yet. Still on the Beta keyboard version.
    So far so good. I haven't messed with anything else and no issues whatsoever. I don't see a need to fiddle with any other adjustments, in my case.
    Tomorrow will be a work day and many emails and text. That will be the best test; no pop-ups typing this either.
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    12-09-18 06:35 PM
    So far, we have some great workarounds! My issue is, we keep pushing hard as a $928 CDN phone should not need workarounds!!!
    12-09-18 06:40 PM
    Could someone help clarify what is meant by "keyboard update" (as opposed to the System update (ABK892) which I just loaded (replacing ABJ755)?

Also, I understand things are in a bit of flux, but is there any way to summarize what the consensus on best practices to avoid the "PKB random cursor activation" probblem currently: eg (a) Display/Double tap=off; (b) BB keyboard settings\keyboard extensions\ : turn off "show quickmode above keyboard"; etc; Previous suggestions have included turn off "show predicitions", disable KB gestures, etc.

Many thanks!
    I had been testing the latest build (ABJ755) for a few days and after turning off the Keyboard Extensions, thanks to @RK_BB, I must say the Cursor mode that started to creep in again has gone almost completely.

I haven't tried anything else. In my opinion, it's worth a try. You don't need to try anything else for now.
    Last edited by TheBond; 12-10-18 at 12:54 AM.
    12-10-18 12:04 AM
    Though the behavior significantly improved for me after I turned off Show quick modes above keyboard I still experience it rarely and I have an angel I would like to explore:

Question for @Crusader03 & @Smokeaire

Is your Hub version Beta or Public?

As you may have noticed the keyboard app require access permission to Hub+ Services which is a required component of BlackBerry Hub.

Even if your keyboard app is the Public version, if your Hub is Beta then it is using a permission from Beta app.
    12-10-18 12:52 AM
    Though the behavior significantly improved for me after I turned off Show quick modes above keyboard I still experience it rarely and I have an angel I would like to explore:

Question for @Crusader03 & @Smokeaire

Is your Hub version Beta or Public?

As you may have noticed the keyboard app require access permission to Hub+ Services which is a required component of BlackBerry Hub.

Even if your keyboard app is the Public version, if your Hub is Beta then it is using a permission from Beta app.
    I have the Beta version of both Hub+ and Hub.
    Btw: I haven't turned off Show Quick Modes and haven't seen the Cursor Mode issue in the last several days. In fact, if the keyboard behaved the way it has been the last several days I wouldn't have had a need to start this thread.
    12-10-18 04:17 AM
    Btw: I haven't turned off Show Quick Modes and haven't seen the Cursor Mode issue in the last several days. In fact, if the keyboard behaved the way it has been the last several days I wouldn't have had a need to start this thread.
    Just wait a few more days. I didn't have the issue for 3-4 days but then it started happening.
    I hope it doesn't but it happened to me
    12-10-18 04:42 AM
    That might negate my theory given you report improved experience.

Under Settings \ Display what is your Font size & Display size?
    12-10-18 10:05 AM
    That might negate my theory given you report improved experience.

Under Settings \ Display what is your Font size & Display size?
    Large on both.
    RK_BB likes this.
    12-10-18 11:34 AM
    I'm on BETA for both, actually, I am subscribed to all the BlackBerry BETA programs. Font and Display are set to "Default". Keyboard seems a bit improved, but still getting cursor and unwanted word flicks. Sym seems to come up much less though.
    12-10-18 11:49 AM
    @LiamQ given the keyboard app falls under your umbrella I highly recommend to follow this thread.

It's been a long & hard "battle" to get this now confirmed bug looked at by BlackBerry Mobile and though we have come a long way since it was first reported back in September there seem to be a little more work to do as users still suffer from this undesired behavior.

Hopefully you have been following and if not, I can send you a PM with a low down as there are well over 700 posts by now.
    12-10-18 12:12 PM
2,521 ... 2728293031 ...