So as the April update rolls out, it seems there is no further relief for our plight and this PKB defect this time around. Hope still lives that the next update may offer further fixes to augment the ones we've already received.
    TheBond and Bob80220 like this.
    04-17-19 11:46 PM
    There definitely has been an improvement but more in the area of involuntary pop up of the SYM VKB and cursor mode.

Swiping up for suggested words is still very much hit and miss for a lot of us.

I will post an update in my deep testing thread very soon as I have found that "load" of the phone and available RAM does seem to have an impact on how much extra swiping is needed.

The longer you keep the phone on without a reboot and the more stuff is running in the background the more the success ratio of swiping seems to degrade.

Full report and videos in the deep testing thread soon.
    04-18-19 04:06 AM
    wow I've never been more happy that I don't rely at all on the swipe up typing feature... that's why I have a pbk
    but honestly I could never get it to work well with the PRIV or Keyone. just not my style. I get annoyed when it changes my slang anyways and generally just turn it off
    04-23-19 08:04 PM
    I can't quite reproduce the problem on my new to me Uk dual Sim key2
    04-23-19 08:04 PM
    I thought I would give an update with my experience regarding the PKB sensitivity issue after receiving the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard App update and receiving the April OS update ABT974 OTA this week.

Always being hopeful that an update to the OS might resolve the issue, and having received the Beta Keyboard App update, I was anticipating to experience an improved performance with the PKB when swiping predicted words. Unfortunately the KEY2 PKB is still not performing without the need for multiple swipes with the middle word as I, and others, would like. The PKB sensitivity issue is still present.

This issue has been acknowledged by BlackBerry Mobile, as well as finally being acknowledged by a number of our esteemed members of the CrackBerry Forum. This issue has been discussed since launch of the KEY2 which was almost 10 months ago. There certainly doesn't appear to be a resolution forthcoming. One would think after almost 10 months BlackBerry Mobile would find the fix... but it hasn't sadly.

I can't help but think, that with no official announcement of a KEY3 in the immediate future, this PKB sensitivity issue might have something to do with the delay of the KEY3. BlackBerry Mobile most definitely has to resolve this issue with future PKB devices as releasing a KEY3 with the same PKB flaw will, in my opinion, have a serious negative impact on the BlackBerry brand.

In any event, I will continue to plod along with my KEY2, which despite the PKB sensitivity issue is a fantastic device, with the hopes that one day BlackBerry Mobile will resolve this issue. If in fact they do release a KEY3, unless this issue has been confirmed to be resolved, I will sadly be forced to consider other options for a smartphone when I'm ready to retire my KEY2.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 05-01-19 at 11:18 AM.
    05-01-19 11:05 AM
    Another update to the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard App was released today soon after the update from last week. I know a number of us provided feedback after the last update as we were contacted by BlackBerry to fill out a survey and provide any other findings.

It appears there has been more tweaking with the app on the PKB sensitivity issue as the swiping of predicted words is much improved.

There are a number of us using the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard App and we are discussing our findings amongst each other which are positive at this point.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-07-19 05:19 PM
    Another update to the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard App was released today soon after the update from last week. I know a number of us provided feedback after the last update as we were contacted by BlackBerry to fill out a survey and provide any other findings.

It appears there has been more tweaking with the app on the PKB sensitivity issue as the swiping of predicted words is much improved.

There are a number of us using the Beta BlackBerry Keyboard App and we are discussing our findings amongst each other which are positive at this point.

Bob
    Yes, agreed. Typing is also improved as SYM VKB has also not appeared as of yet. Fingers crossed and a couple of more days use for a definitive answer.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-07-19 05:34 PM
    Does standard rebooting or 32 second hard reboot affect something, anything or nothing?
    05-07-19 08:45 PM
    Does standard rebooting or 32 second hard reboot affect something, anything or nothing?
    With regard to the PKB sensitivity issue not that I'm seeing...

Bob
    05-07-19 08:58 PM
    With regard to the PKB sensitivity issue not that I'm seeing...

Bob
    After important updates like this I always do a normal reboot. Just in case it. Could be that it's not necessary. Tried to do that 32 seconds reboot but I'm possibly doing it wrong.

I shut down the phone first and then hold power and volume down and keep holding it for over 30 seconds. Nothing different is happening IMHO.
    05-07-19 11:47 PM
    After important updates like this I always do a normal reboot. Just in case it. Could be that it's not necessary. Tried to do that 32 seconds reboot but I'm possibly doing it wrong.

I shut down the phone first and then hold power and volume down and keep holding it for over 30 seconds. Nothing different is happening IMHO.
    Depress the power button and hold for 32 seconds.

Bob
    05-08-19 12:14 AM
    Depress the power button and hold for 32 seconds.

Bob
    Is that something from BlackBerry OS? Has anyone confirmed that this is actually a hard reboot on key2 as well?

Just did it and it's just a forced reboot as far as I can tell. What does the fact that you do it for 32 seconds actually add?
    05-08-19 12:58 AM
    Is that something from BlackBerry OS? Has anyone confirmed that this is actually a hard reboot on key2 as well?

Just did it and it's just a forced reboot as far as I can tell. What does the fact that you do it for 32 seconds actually add?
    It's a deeper reboot.
    05-08-19 05:02 AM
    It's a deeper reboot.
    Do you mean it is deeper reboot than power off and on?
    05-12-19 11:33 PM
    Do you mean it is deeper reboot than power off and on?
    Yes
    05-13-19 04:41 AM
    I'm starting to have the symbol screen pop up frequently again I'm up-to-date on the April patch and the latest keyboard app.

Hopefully when the ABV659 update comes OTA, the cache-clear and hard re-boot will rectify that.
    05-14-19 10:57 AM
    I'm starting to have the symbol screen pop up frequently again I'm up-to-date on the April patch and the latest keyboard app.

Hopefully when the ABV659 update comes OTA, the cache-clear and hard re-boot will rectify that.
    Which version keyboard app are you on... the latest Beta keyboard app or the production app?

Bob
    05-14-19 11:00 AM
    Which version keyboard app are you on... the latest Beta keyboard app or the production app?

Bob
    4.1904.0.16635 dated May 9th, i believe that's the most recent to hit the playstore, I'm in the beta group
    05-14-19 11:04 AM
    4.1904.0.16635 dated May 9th, i believe that's the most recent to hit the playstore
    You are on the same Beta BlackBerry Keyboard App as I am, and others, which is the latest/current. We have been reporting our findings in the BlackBerry Keyboard App thread and @LiamQ is aware of our experiences and looking into these glitches. We are all hopeful he will be able to work his magic and correct these issues with a new release... fingers crossed.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13389919

Bob
    05-14-19 11:09 AM
    thanks for the update, I've been following all the threads since day 1.

I originally had the symbol and cursor issues but the updates since late last year largely addressed those issues. However the symbol screen issue is now rearing it's ugly head again, not sure if it's related to the last beta kb app.
    05-14-19 11:20 AM
    Yep... we all have experienced similar issues. After the initial installation of the update the keyboard performs flawlessly, at least that has been my experience... however, after long term use typing and swiping the performance deteriorates.

Bob
    05-14-19 11:23 AM
    Yep... we all have experienced similar issues. After the initial installation of the update the keyboard performs flawlessly, at least that has been my experience... however, after long term use typing and swiping the performance deteriorates.

Bob
    I'm not so concerned about the swiping but the return of the symbol screen issue is perplexing and aggravating.
    05-14-19 11:30 AM
    I'm not so concerned about the swiping but the return of the symbol screen issue is perplexing and aggravating.
    BlackBerry clearly needs to fix this. A swipe / gesture should NEVER trigger the symbol menu. There is a key for it, and that is the ONLY way it should ever get activated.

Furthermore, they should have a second click of the sym key retract the menu. One click to open, one click to close. Perfection!
    @LiamQ
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    05-14-19 08:15 PM

Bob
    On the swiping, BlackBerry should designate three rows of keys for each three suggestions...for example, a swipe up between W and E for the left suggestion, a swipe up between T and Y for a middle suggestion, and a swipe up between I and O for a right suggestion. By having some separation between the swipe zones, precision of swiped up words should be increased dramatically.
    @LiamQ
    05-14-19 08:21 PM
    BlackBerry clearly needs to fix this. A swipe / gesture should NEVER trigger the symbol menu. There is a key for it, and that is the ONLY way it should ever get activated.

Furthermore, they should have a second click of the sym key retract the menu. One click to open, one click to close. Perfection!
    @LiamQ
    It's not occurring when swiping, it's occurring while I'm typing a text, just happened while I was typing this text.

Used to be pervasive for me, seemed have been fixed somewhere around the new year. Now it's coming back for me with a vengeance.

Maybe I'm holding the phone wrong again
    05-14-19 08:21 PM
2,521 ... 9899100101