I have also raised a ticket. The customer care representative. Here is their first response

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Mobile support.
    We will be pleased to assist you with the suggested words swipe issue. We currently have an open ticket for this problem with ourvTier 3 department and is being looked into

To be continued
    What wasn't told to you but was relayed to me many times is that the tier group doesn't inform Tech Support as to what tier is doing or what they find. That has been one of many major sources of frustration about this whole process. We do all the different forms of reporting requested by TS but yet kept in the dark. No positive reinforcement for our efforts.
    03-18-19 05:45 AM
    What wasn't told to you but was relayed to me many times is that the tier group doesn't inform Tech Support as to what tier is doing or what they find. That has been one of many major sources of frustration about this whole process. We do all the different forms of reporting requested by TS but yet kept in the dark. No positive reinforcement for our efforts.
    I know I will probably have no more luck than everyone else in this thread that tried to address the issue but I am willing to give it a try.

The first response of the support representative kind of confirms either that they have no clue if the swiping issue is hardware related or not or it confirms only the support representatives have no clue.

They are offering to send a replacement device (refurbished) to *quote* rule out the possibility something is wrong with the device itself.

If they had the issue under control they would release a statement I guess.

Since I don't want to be stuck with a refurbished phone I have demanded a refund.

That way I can just order a new phone.

For the record : 1 second swipe needed in this entire message.

Interesting observation : the only second swipe in this message was needed right after swiping up under a word that was in *bold*
    03-18-19 12:03 PM
    I know I will probably have no more luck than everyone else in this thread that tried to address the issue but I am willing to give it a try.

The first response of the support representative kind of confirms either that they have no clue if the swiping issue is hardware related or not or it confirms only the support representatives have no clue.

They are offering to send a replacement device (refurbished) to *quote* rule out the possibility something is wrong with the device itself.

If they had the issue under control they would release a statement I guess.

Since I don't want to be stuck with a refurbished phone I have demanded a refund.

That way I can just order a new phone.

For the record : 1 second swipe needed in this entire message.

Interesting observation : the only second swipe in this message was needed right after swiping up under a word that was in *bold*
    It will be of interest if you have success getting a refund since the devices aren't purchased from BlackBerry Mobile. Update us on how that goes please.

Of course there doesn't seem to be a defining pattern with this issue whether the device was an early date of manufacture or a current production run unfortunately.

Bob
    03-18-19 12:18 PM
    It will be of interest if you have success getting a refund since the devices aren't purchased from BlackBerry Mobile. Update us on how that goes please.

Of course there doesn't seem to be a defining pattern with this issue whether the device was an early date of manufacture or a current production run unfortunately.

Bob
    Yes my device is actually a January 2019 build so the conclusion would have to be TCL didn't change anything in the hardware because otherwise my device should be one of the fixed ones one would expect.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-18-19 12:22 PM
    Yes my device is actually a January 2019 build so the conclusion would have to be TCL didn't change anything in the hardware because otherwise my device should be one of the fixed ones one would expect.
    Expect?... or hope?... 🤔

Bob
    03-18-19 12:24 PM
    Expect?... or hope?...

Bob
    Because I'm in Europe there are different laws about warranty and refund rights. Even if the supplier has specific statements in their policy still the European consumer law is taking precedence.

Under this law they are not obligated to give me actual money back but they are obligated to give me a coupon worth the original purchasing amount so I can buy either the same product again or another product the dispatching company sells.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-18-19 12:36 PM
    Because I'm in Europe there are different laws about warranty and refund rights. Even if the supplier has specific statements in their policy still the European consumer law is taking precedence.

Under this law they are not obligated to give me actual money back but they are obligated to give me a coupon worth the original purchasing amount so I can buy either the same product again or another product the dispatching company sells.
    Yes, I'm aware consumer protection laws in Europe are very much in favor of the consumer... unlike here where we have limited remedies.

In any event, please keep us updated... Thanks.

Bob
    03-18-19 12:49 PM

So you can buy another Key2 or some other BBMo device or any other phone the retailer sells?
    03-18-19 05:56 PM
    So you can buy another Key2 or some other BBMo device or any other phone the retailer sells?
    For the full price of a KEY2, one could probably get a KEYone AND a KEY2 LE
    03-19-19 01:55 AM
    That would be masochist!! Lol!
    03-19-19 03:52 AM
    At least you would know the keyboards would work as intended and frustration level would be practically nonexistent.
    Bob80220 and the_boon like this.
    03-19-19 06:00 AM
    At least you would know the keyboards would work as intended and frustration level would be practically nonexistent.
    Key2 le here, frustration level zero on my pkb. Lol
    Dudes, I don't follow this thread and its so looong for me to update fast. Does the cursor mode trouble still exists on key2 ?g.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-19-19 06:48 AM
    Key2 le here, frustration level zero on my pkb. Lol
    Dudes, I don't follow this thread and its so looong for me to update fast. Does the cursor mode trouble still exists on key2 ?g.
    With the last several updates Cursor Mode isn't the issue it once was. It rarely pops up anymore. The main issue now is the swipe-up word replacement which takes many swipe ups to work. It really is inconsistent. Sometimes it works on the first swipe, other times it can take as many as 5 swipes and even then it might not work.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-19-19 08:27 AM
    With the last several updates Cursor Mode isn't the issue it once was. It rarely pops up anymore. The main issue now is the swipe-up word replacement which takes many swipe ups to work. It really is inconsistent. Sometimes it works on the first swipe, other times it can take as many as 5 swipes and even then it might not work.
    I have noticed the swipe up on my K2 works perfect every time in my calendar app and not everywhere else.
    03-19-19 11:30 AM
    I have noticed the swipe up on my K2 works perfect every time in my calendar app and not everywhere else.
    Yes somehow I also noticed that in certain apps the swiping works *better* although this could be coincidence.

Maybe memory management is better in native BlackBerry apps. Like I said every times I notice that the swiping starts to fail I reboot my phone and the swiping immediately is perfect.

Problem is it doesn't last. After a while I need a few second swipes. After a bit longer I need more second swipes.

After a reboot all is fine again.
    03-19-19 11:42 AM
    I decided to see if someone else's typing style might have better luck while typing and swiping on my KEY2 with the PKB sensitivity issue since typing style has been bantered around as a cause and effect.

I had my lady friend try typing and swiping on my KEY2 using email, text messaging, WhatsApp, and BBM. She is well versed with BlackBerry devices as she works for a cellular provider and has had BlackBerry devices for a very long time. She personally used a Passport and a PRIV for a number of years collectively so she has a good amount of experience typing and swiping. She is a 2 thumb typer and I'm a one thumb typer.

After typing and swiping on these different formats she encountered the same issue with the PKB sensitivity. Multiple swipes needed, missed swipes, and cursor mode popping up. She never experienced this on her Passport or PRIV and I never, and still don't, on my PRIV.

I found this very interesting as it appears regardless of the user and different typing style, the PKB sensitivity issue persists. Make of this as you will, but in my opinion, there is a flaw/defect with the KEY2's hardware/software.

Bob
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    03-19-19 01:17 PM
    I decided to see if someone else's typing style might have better luck while typing and swiping on my KEY2 with the PKB sensitivity issue since typing style has been bantered around as a cause and effect.

I had my lady friend try typing and swiping on my KEY2 using email, text messaging, WhatsApp, and BBM. She is well versed with BlackBerry devices as she works for a cellular provider and has had BlackBerry devices for a very long time. She personally used a Passport and a PRIV for a number of years collectively so she has a good amount of experience typing and swiping. She is a 2 thumb typer and I'm a one thumb typer.

After typing and swiping on these different formats she encountered the same issue with the PKB sensitivity. Multiple swipes needed, missed swipes, and cursor mode popping up. She never experienced this on her Passport or PRIV and I never, and still don't, on my PRIV.

I found this very interesting as it appears regardless of the user and different typing style, the PKB sensitivity issue persists. Make of this as you will, but in my opinion, there is a flaw/defect with the KEY2's hardware/software.

Bob
    Interesting test Bob. Thank you for the effort. Just to be sure... you are on the latest build? Via OTA or autoloader? Full wipe or not ?

I first used the autoloader with no wipe and didn't notice a lot of improvement. After full wipe there was immediate improvement.

Still not perfect but much better. Rarely need more than a second swipe.
    03-19-19 01:22 PM
    Interesting test Bob. Thank you for the effort. Just to be sure... you are on the latest build? Via OTA or autoloader? Full wipe or not ?

I first used the autoloader with no wipe and didn't notice a lot of improvement. After full wipe there was immediate improvement.

Still not perfect but much better. Rarely need more than a second swipe.
    I am on the February OS as I have not received the March update OTA as of yet. But in all honesty, based on the findings from you and others who have installed the March update, I don't think the results will be any different. Perhaps the issue will be to a lesser degree. I will however have her try my KEY2 after I receive the March update and see what she experiences. I will report back once I have received the update and update with my findings as well.

I just don't feel we should have to do reboots and full wipes, which is a royal PITA, to compensate for this issue. As you have pointed out, even with your doing these things, the PKB sensitivity issue reappears.

Bob
    03-19-19 01:31 PM
    I am on the February OS as I have not received the March update OTA as of yet. But in all honesty, based on the findings from you and others who have installed the March update, I don't think the results will be any different. Perhaps the issue will be to a lesser degree. I will however have her try my KEY2 after I receive the March update and see what she experiences. I will report back once I have received the update and update with my findings as well.

I just don't feel we should have to do reboots and full wipes, which is a royal PITA, to compensate for this issue. As you have pointed out, even with your doing these things, the PKB sensitivity issue reappears.

Bob
    I know we shouldn't go through the trouble of wiping our phone just to find out if it improves certain issues.

In my specific case my PRD is always last in the line to receive updates so I am glad I have the autoloader option.

I personally also like to do full wipe of my devices once in a while (typically when new major versions of an OS are released). I also do this with my Apple Mac.

The idea of taking a fresh start actually motivates me.

I hope you will receive the OTA soon and that it actually makes a difference for you. In my personal experience I had to do the full wipe to notice the difference. Not sure why.

Do let us know when you receive the update. Very curious about the results.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    03-19-19 02:03 PM
    I know we shouldn't go through the trouble of wiping our phone just to find out if it improves certain issues.

In my specific case my PRD is always last in the line to receive updates so I am glad I have the autoloader option.

I personally also like to do full wipe of my devices once in a while (typically when new major versions of an OS are released). I also do this with my Apple Mac.

The idea of taking a fresh start actually motivates me.

I hope you will receive the OTA soon and that it actually makes a difference for you. In my personal experience I had to do the full wipe to notice the difference. Not sure why.

Do let us know when you receive the update. Very curious about the results.
    Yes, I do understand the value and benefits of doing a factory reset/full wipe. I have had the occasion to go through this process on prior BlackBerry devices out of necessity. Regardless, the process is a PITA and time consuming as we both know setting up all your accounts with notifications and a host of other features takes some time. I will most definitely go through this process if it will ultimately provide a benefit with the PKB sensitivity issue.

I am hopeful of receiving the March update OTA next week... typically I receive updates at the beginning of the last week of the month. I will remain patient and optimistic.

Bob
    anon(10387168) and Smokeaire like this.
    03-19-19 02:10 PM
    In the meantime I received an email from BB Mobile

Your case number is ALC-1652086, on our end it's looking on our end and once they find the issue it will be fixed on a future update.

Best Regards,

Cinthya

BlackBerry Mobile Care

Which is basically saying they created a case number for it and that's about it.

I will also try to get some more information although I'll probably hit the same wall as many of you before me.

To be continued.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    03-20-19 10:50 AM
    In the meantime I received an email from BB Mobile

Your case number is ALC-1652086, on our end it's looking on our end and once they find the issue it will be fixed on a future update.

Best Regards,

Cinthya

BlackBerry Mobile Care

Which is basically saying they created a case number for it and that's about it.

I will also try to get some more information although I'll probably hit the same wall as many of you before me.

To be continued.
    Welcome to our world of BlackBerry Mobile Technical NonSupport...

Bob
    03-20-19 11:37 AM
    Welcome to our world of BlackBerry Mobile Technical NonSupport...

Bob
    I'm not leaving it at that Bob. I explained why we need clarification from someone in a technical lead role. If necessary I will contact the VP on LinkedIn. Not scared to do that at all.
    03-20-19 04:20 PM
    I'm not leaving it at that Bob. I explained why we need clarification from someone in a technical lead role. If necessary I will contact the VP on LinkedIn. Not scared to do that at all.
    I can't speak for others @Thinkbusiness, but I am keeping my case open and I am in constant contact with my representative. I have asked to be put in touch with someone above his position... preferably for now a supervisor to discuss this defective PKB issue with.

Although it might be a dead end street, I do want to get my point across to as many individuals with BlackBerry Mobile that I can contact to let them know I am not a happy customer.

I purchased the KEY2 with the expectations that it would perform as advertised... clearly it doesn't.

Bob
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    03-20-19 05:09 PM
    just tested my keytwo typing within the Evernote app and found that I only needed to swipe up on one word twice. But I have now experienced trouble with the space bar not creating spaces and having to press it a number of times. Also after a number of presses on the space bar doesn't insert a full stop.
    Also after the full stop the next sentence should start with a capital letter which doesn't happen.
    The test I did in Evernote was about the same number of words in this post but was quicker to type as I had less issues with the swipe up and the space bar.
    This is starting to get really annoying now. :-(
    03-21-19 03:45 AM
2,521 ... 9495969798 ...