I am at a loss to come up with an appropriate response other than your replies are not totally unexpected.

Bob
    Huh? What precise metrics have you garnered? As I said before, we have no idea if it affects 0.1%, 1%, or 10% - before or after the use of the word "common".
    02-12-19 05:58 PM
    Unreal...we are becoming philosophical...English aficionados...
    02-12-19 05:59 PM
    1). I've never questioned anyone's claim. Ever.

2). I very much hope you get a fix.

What have you been reading?
    Your posts! All of them! Here, there and everywhere! You are excellent at helping with technical difficulties, always! But when it comes to issues with our phones, you balk, you spin! Why? "Common" is not an exact English term? What is that? It is all here for everyone to see, but I really want to know why Conite?
    02-12-19 05:59 PM
    Your posts! All of them! Here, there and everywhere! You are excellent at helping with technical difficulties, always! But when it comes to issues with our phones, you balk, you spin! Why? "Common" is not an exact English term? What is that? It is all here for everyone to see, but I really want to know why Conite?
    Show me one post where I called anyone a liar. Show me one post where I said I hope the issue never gets fixed. Just one.
    02-12-19 06:00 PM
    Unreal...we are becoming philosophical...English aficionados...
    In fairness, I was specifically asked to define and describe a word uttered by a support person from BBMo - which I did. The fact seems clear that he has heard of the issue more than a few times.
    RK_BB and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-12-19 06:02 PM
    Show me one post where I called anyone a liar. Show me one post where I said I hope the issue never gets fixed. Just one.
    Maybe a different approach:

One don't need to explicitly use the word "lie" in order to convey their thought about something; it's enough to deny their thought by saying that "you don't experience the same" or constantly try to allude to the issue being rather small then anything significant and that type of approach holds a lot of weight when it comes from someone with the knowledge and depth you have yet it doesn't change the fact that this member is affected by said issue.

Perhaps probing to understand the cause, big or small is more community-like rather than saying "I don't have it" - it's awesome you don't and assure that it is not global but the more important issue is that we do have affected fellow members - how do we help them? Pull them out of the gutter so that they stick to BlackBerry and don't go elsewhere.

We have a moral obligation to do that, especially us, long time members.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-12-19 06:08 PM
    Maybe a different approach:

One don't need to explicitly use the word "lie" in order to convey their thought about something; it's enough to deny their thought by saying that "you don't experience the same" or constantly try to allude to the issue being rather small then anything significant and that type of approach holds a lot of weight when it comes from someone with the knowledge and depth you have yet it doesn't change the fact that this member is affected by said issue.

Perhaps probing to understand the cause, big or small is more community-like rather than saying "I don't have it" - it's awesome you don't and assure that it is not global but the more important issue is that we do have affected fellow members - how do we help them? Pull them out of the gutter so that they stick to BlackBerry and don't go elsewhere.

We have a moral obligation to do that, especially us, long time members.
    I have tossed out many possible scenarios from software to hardware to typing style to combinations of the above.

As far as determining how widespread the issue is, the fact that I don't experience the issue is no more informative than the fact that you do.

I do not know how many people are affected, as I have stated many times. All I DO know is that there are far fewer people complaining on this issue than there were with even the most trivial matters prior, nor did the issue pop up in the countless reviews at launch.

Either way, it doesn't matter. BBMo will deal with it as they see fit, and their numbers/complaints will decide how much of a priority it is for them. We are just watching from the bleachers.
    02-12-19 06:12 PM
    I do not know how many people are affected, as I have stated many times. All I DO know is that there are far fewer people complaining that even the most trivial matters prior.
    With that agree! From the very beginning I repeatedly said that I am baffled by the low rate of participation after I tested 5 devices that failed which was the catalist to the "typing style" theory.

Let's put the differences aside, please. I think we all get the point.

Question for you - what else do you think we can do to pull more resources in that direction? Can you help? Any connections you can speak with on our behalf that can shed some light on this?
    02-12-19 06:17 PM

We're no farther ahead than before. Does it mean 50 other complaints, 0.1%, 1%, or 10%. Who knows?
    I respectively disagree Conite... the admission by BBMo that this is a known issue and it will be hopefully resolved in future updates is progress in my opinion. I'm good with that and remain hopeful...

I'm not all busy with statistical data regarding the number of KEY2's that are affected as that is a non issue in my opinion. There are enough people that have stepped up like myself to deal with this issue with BlackBerry Technical Support.

There are leaders... and there are followers.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-12-19 06:18 PM
    You have not to my knowledge ever called someone a liar! You have not to my knowledge ever stated you did not want a fix! Ok, conscience clean! Good.
    You are completely missing the point, you have not ever openly supported this thread. You have never openly supported any documentation provided, in fact, you have spun all claims of a much broader problem and attempted to minimize the issue. And, you are now playing semantics with the King's English in order to again minimize this issue! Nonsensical really! Why?
    02-12-19 06:19 PM
    With that agree! From the very beginning I repeatedly said that I am baffled by the low rate of participation after I tested 5 devices that failed which was the catalist to the "typing style" theory.

Let's put the differences aside, please. I think we all get the point.

Question for you - what else do you think we can do to pull more resources in that direction? Can you help? Any connections you can speak with on our behalf that can shed some light on this?
    This is the thing - I don't feel in opposition. I thought we were just having a thought discussion on how widespread the issue may be. At the end of the day, we're all just speculating, and it doesn't matter at all.

I really don't know what else can be done apart from the affected people sending feedback to BBMo. Anything more would skew the results, and cause a mis-alignment of resources.
    02-12-19 06:21 PM
    You have not to my knowledge ever called someone a liar! You have not to my knowledge ever stated you did not want a fix! Ok, conscience clean! Good.
    You are completely missing the point, you have not ever openly supported this thread. You have never openly supported any documentation provided, in fact, you have spun all claims of a much broader problem and attempted to minimize the issue. And, you are now playing semantics with the King's English in order to again minimize this issue! Nonsensical really! Why?
    That's just your interpretation, or a failure to communicate on my part. I honestly don't care how widespread the issue is. BBMo will act on feedback they receive on the various issues and allocate their resources accordingly. Nothing we say here matters in the least.
    02-12-19 06:23 PM
    Enough!!! I don't want this thread to turn into a us vs Conite thread. Everyone has said their piece, it now is a dead horse. The beating of which needs too stop. If you what to continue this dead horse start your own thread.
    So again......stop it!!!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-12-19 06:24 PM
    That's just your interpretation, or a failure to communicate on my part. I honestly don't care how widespread the issue is. BBMo will act on feedback they receive on the various issues and allocate their resources accordingly. Nothing we say here matters in the least.
    And there it is! You don't Care! I now believe you are oblivious to the sheer weight you bring to bare with your opinions. Such a great gift wasted! I only feel sadness,
    02-12-19 06:29 PM
    And there it is! You don't Care! I now believe you are oblivious to the sheer weight you bring to bare with your opinions. Such a great gift wasted! I only feel sadness,
    What did I just write? Enough!
    02-12-19 06:30 PM
    I hear you Smokeaire... thanks for bringing us to our senses. I will wait for future updates and hopefully see a resolution to this issue.

Thanks for stepping in... 👍

Bob
    I'm done! Now back to fixing our PKB's.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    What did I just write? Enough!
    You posted while I was writing. Please refer to my comment after I read yours! Cheers,
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-12-19 06:31 PM
    See the wait has made us into animals. Look at me, I just ordered an iPhone. Oh well..
    02-12-19 06:33 PM
    Again, there is a gap in communication.

I am not emotionally invested, nor have any skin in the game to drive this either way. It would be a disservice if I did.

Let BBMo allocate resources based on actual data and feedback. Why would I want to artificially skew their decision making / weighting system even if I could? It would only serve to suppress other issues that don't happen to have fan clubs. Let the numbers do the talking.
    02-12-19 06:34 PM
    Thanks all for cooperating and bringing this thread back on topic. Much appreciated.
    Well..accept .....
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-12-19 06:34 PM
    With all due respect, I read "common" to mean a non-trivial large subset, certainly >> 0.1%, 1% or even 10%, unless I have totally misunderstood English all my life (it is my second language by I have been using it as my first language for six decades). Is it important? only in the sense (unless it was an extremely casual and unintended use of the term by the support tech) that it acknowledges this PKB problem to be a somewhat more meaningful and pervasive issue than perhaps some of this thread have been willing to countenance to date. However constructively intended, it really is not helpful to have a distinguished contributor continue to imply unremittingly that this problem is one experienced by a very small minority; I agree that we don't know that to be or not to be the case; that said, for sure the tech's use of the term "common" makes me feel that it is indeed not a small minority, and in turn, that's a constructive development ---I say that because in cases that I've opened, the initial responses tended to lean towards user error ---cutting and pasting from one "We have been informed about this situation and we are glad to inform you that this is not a bug or issue with the physical keyboard, double touching the space key changes the input to cursor mode, this is by design functionality for the Blackberry capacitive keyboard, in addition to it, double tapping on the keyboard will bring up this input mode"; I've resubmited my complaints only to have it closed several times as they requested videos which I wasn't in a position to provide.
    Net-net: "common" may be a small word, but it is not a small deal.
    RK_BB, anon(10387168) and Bob80220 like this.
    02-12-19 07:17 PM
    Net-net: "common" may be a small word, but it is not a small deal.
    If common meant more than 10%, then there would be hundreds of contributors to this thread, reviewers heads would have exploded, and Bla1ze would be hiding in a bunker in North Dakota. Lol.
    02-12-19 07:21 PM
    If common meant more than 10%, then there would be hundreds of contributors to this thread, reviewers heads would have exploded, and Bla1ze would be hiding in a bunker in North Dakota. Lol.
    Bob80220 and RK_BB like this.
    02-12-19 07:45 PM
    Interestingly enough, I got this email response from BBMo today. It is hopeful and very telling. @conite, how would you interpret "Common Issue" ? Not specific, but Common. Cheers,

Good morning dear Damien

The case was properly escalated when this ticket was created, like you said, you can see a tiny improvement on the sensitivity of the PKB, however we are asking for permission on your end to set the case as resolve since the Tier3 department they already know this is a common issue and they're already working on so on our end no further steps can be taken, this issue will be fixed within the future updates. I also left this information on your voicemail.

Kind regards!

Thank you for your response. I would however prefer to leave the ticket open as the issue persists. Thank you,

Sent from Damien's Blackberry K2

Show quoted text
    Almost sounds like a brush off but it could be the loss of context in email
    02-12-19 09:04 PM
2,521 ... 5051525354 ...