Moving the app to the system folder is meaningless and has absolutely no technical affect. It's ONLY an organizational/packaging decision.
    Question on that:

Do system level apps get updated via Play Store the same way any other app get updated or they are exclusive to be updated only with an OS update?
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-11-19 08:56 PM
    Ok, just gotta say it! I do not understand why "Tech" forums now a days are so infiltrated with arrogant, intolerant and non-empathetic Admins?!?
    As I eluded to before, I am a member of several collector car clubs/forums (Globally), when a member asks for help, several things happen, first, not one member/admin posts that they do not have that issue, that would be a #### thing to do! Second, members and Admins not affected will rally for that member, third and most importantly, members and Admins will start resourcing contacts within the industry in order to build towards a solution for said member(s). Next, the community will start offering solutions, from the mild to the wild, in the meantime, you will get all the heavy hitters contributing, why? Because members matter when one shares a passion for the same thing within a community. Finally, a solution, no matter how painful or painless it is, is offered by the community! The Admins (Heavy Hitters) always play an active, leading roll in advocating member concerns (big or small) and follow through to fruition! So I ask again, why is our forum and passion for BlackBerry different here? This, @conite, is how CB use to work!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-12-19 at 02:03 PM.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-11-19 08:57 PM
    Question on that:

Do system level apps get updated via Play Store the same way any other app get updated or they are exclusive to be updated only with an OS update?
    It makes no difference. Play Services is a system app, and is updated via Play Store - just not visibly.

BlackBerry can still choose to update via Play Store or from within an OS update.
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-11-19 08:59 PM
    Somewhere back in this thread, didn't someone report that BlackBerry Mobile had actually opened up a case with the Android team at Google about this issue? I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    02-11-19 08:59 PM
    Moving the app to the system folder is meaningless and has absolutely no technical affect. It's ONLY an organizational/packaging decision.

They don't need to reproduce the error in order to provide some relief - just like you don't have to have double typing on your device to enhance the algorithm to reduce it. So, introducing an improvement does not imply that BBMo technicians are necessarily seeing the same thing as you are.

Are you implying I'm not supportive on this or other device issues? I'm grasping at straws and trying to come up with ideas as much as the next guy.
    Yes, unfortunately, I am implying exactly that Conite. Sadly I may add,
    02-11-19 09:00 PM
    Ok, just gotta say it! I do not understand why "Tech" forums now a days are so infiltrated with arrogant, intolerant and non-empathetic Admins?!?
    As I eluded to before, I am a member of several collector car clubs/forums (Globally), when a member asks for help, several things happen, first, not one member/admin posts that they do not have that issue, that would be an a$$hole thing to do! Second, members and Admins not affected will rally for that member, third and most importantly, members and Admins will start resourcing contacts within the industry in order to build towards a solution for said member(s). Next, the community will start offering solutions, from the mild to the wild, in the meantime, you will get all the heavy hitters contributing, why? Because members matter when one shares a passion for the same thing within a community. Finally, a solution, not matter how painful or painless it is, is offered by the community! The Admins (Heavy Hitters) always play an active, leading roll in advocating member concerns (big or small) and follow through to fruition! So I ask again, why is our forum and passion for BlackBerry different here?
    Knowing that other people may or may not be experiencing a similar problem can lead to a solution - it has on many occasions, as it starts to narrow down the reasons why/how it's happening.

I HAVE reached out to people I know, and it seems that they are not experiencing the issue either. Not sure what more I can do, other than suggest the issue exists for some indeterminate percentage of users (which I have).

I am not an admin btw. I have no affiliation with Crackberry, other than being given a badge for many years of contributions and support to members. 100% volunteer.

We are all trying to get to the bottom of this, and to do so, all issues need to be considered whether you consider them personally relevant or not. Solutions come out of the most surprising places.

Read through every one of my posts in this thread. I have NEVER questioned the validity of anyone's personal typing experience/issues.
    02-11-19 09:05 PM
    You seem to be adamant in your opinion @conite that typing style is the predominant reason there is a swiping issue with the PKB that we are experiencing. You say you and BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support are unable to reproduce it.

I had asked you previously that if that is the case, then why didn't BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support, after viewing the 2 videos I sent them, observe my typing style as being a possible cause and offer a suggestion?

After their review of two 30 second videos their response was to send in my KEY2 for repair or get a replacement device.

I'm interested in your thoughts...

Bob
    02-11-19 09:14 PM
    As I eluded to before, I am a member of several collector car clubs/forums (Globally), when a member asks for help, several things happen, first, not one member/admin posts that they do not have that issue, that would be an a$$hole thing to do! Second, members and Admins not affected will rally for that member, third and most importantly, members and Admins will start resourcing contacts within the industry in order to build towards a solution for said member(s). Next, the community will start offering solutions, from the mild to the wild, in the meantime, you will get all the heavy hitters contributing, why? Because members matter when one shares a passion for the same thing within a community. Finally, a solution, no matter how painful or painless it is, is offered by the community! The Admins (Heavy Hitters) always play an active, leading roll in advocating member concerns (big or small) and follow through to fruition! So I ask again, why is our forum and passion for BlackBerry different here? This, @conite, is how CB use to work!
    I find interesting that I share Trusted Member status like RK_BB yet I’m more in line with Conite thinking.... Isn’t that what site is for? Discussing and sharing opinions? I still believe there’s some “perception forms reality “ situation here..

I swear my KEYone PKB is effed up but I know it’s because I don’t use the capacitive PKB the way it was intended compared with the noncapacitive
    02-11-19 09:17 PM
    You seem to be adamant in your opinion @conite that typing style is the predominant reason there is a swiping issue with the PKB that we are experiencing. You say you and BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support are unable to reproduce it.

I had asked you previously that if that is the case, then why didn't BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support, after viewing the 2 videos I sent them, observe my typing style as being a possible cause and offer a suggestion?

After their review of two 30 second videos their response was to send in my KEY2 for repair or get a replacement device.

I'm interested in your thoughts...

Bob
    The fact that every unit I touch seems to behave properly, and every unit some others here touch seem to behave poorly, makes me think of a Sherlock Holmes quote:

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

That's why I keep leaning to typing style, but I'm by no means sure. But that doesn't mean the ticket is closed - it only gives support people a starting point to attempt a solution.

As far as the video is concerned, I can't really speak to what BBMo techs in China perceive.
    02-11-19 09:18 PM
    The fact that every unit I touch seems to behave properly, and every unit some others here touch seem to behave poorly, makes me think of a Sherlock Holmes quote:

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
    My question stands and remains unanswered by you... if typing style is a possible contributing factor as you are in belief of, then if BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support by not being able to duplicate the issue and also feel it's caused by typing style then after viewing my videos they didn't offer any recommendations to alter my typing style?

Again, their remedy was to send my device in for repair or replacement.

Bob
    02-11-19 09:23 PM
    My question stands and remains unanswered by you... if typing style is a possible contributing factor as you are in belief of, then if BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support by not being able to duplicate the issue and also feel it's caused by typing style then after viewing my videos they didn't offer any recommendations to alter my typing style?

Again, their remedy was to send my device in for repair or replacement.

Bob
    Read the rest of my post. I added to it while you were replying.
    02-11-19 09:24 PM
    Yes, I see you edited your post as I was typing mine... 👍

Bob
    02-11-19 09:27 PM
    I find interesting that I share Trusted Member status like RK_BB yet I’m more in line with Conite thinking.... Isn’t that what site is for? Discussing and sharing opinions? I still believe there’s some “perception forms reality “ situation here..

I swear my KEYone PKB is effed up but I know it’s because I don’t use the capacitive PKB the way it was intended compared with the noncapacitive
    I am not sure I understand what member status has to do with opinion.
    anon(10387168) and Smokeaire like this.
    02-11-19 09:28 PM
    I am not sure I understand what member status has to do with opinion.
    ^^^This^^^
    02-11-19 09:31 PM
    I will always give credit, where credit is due! That remark showed empathy for our members! Please take to heart my previous statement, as it will serve you well. Cheers,
    02-11-19 09:33 PM
    Somewhere back in this thread, didn't someone report that BlackBerry Mobile had actually opened up a case with the Android team at Google about this issue? I could be wrong.

Posted via CB10
    That's correct. It's an internal ticket of which who knows what the status can be at this point; BlackBerry Mobile provide no insight to that effect.
    02-11-19 09:36 PM
    Since opinions are now a topic here's an opinion of mine...

I'm thinking that TCL/BBMo perhaps doesn't believe or think the issue we are experiencing is something they can relate to or understand it being an issue.

I am accustomed to the swiping experience on BlackBerry manufactured devices and the issue we are experiencing is on TCL/BBMo manufactured devices.

It could be in their opinion this is an acceptable swiping experience versus our feeling it is an unacceptable swiping experience based on our previous BlackBerry manufactured devices.

In any event, that is just my opinion and while typing this I'm getting duplicate predicted words swiped up, no words swiped up after multiple attempts, or the incorrect word swiped up.

Very frustrating I do have to say... 😓

Bob
    anon(10387168) and Smokeaire like this.
    02-11-19 09:42 PM

I'm thinking that TCL/BBMo perhaps doesn't believe or think the issue we are experiencing is something they can relate to or understand it being an issue.

I am accustomed to the swiping experience on BlackBerry manufactured devices and the issue we are experiencing is on TCL/BBMo manufactured devices.

It could be in their opinion this is an acceptable swiping experience versus our feeling it is an unacceptable swiping experience based on our previous BlackBerry manufactured devices.

In any event, that is just my opinion and while typing this I'm getting duplicate predicted words swiped up, no words swiped up after multiple attempts, or the incorrect word swiped up.

Very frustrating I do have to say...

Bob
    Valid!
    02-11-19 09:47 PM

Very frustrating I do have to say...

Bob
    Bang on Bob!
    02-12-19 12:24 AM

Short answer Chuck is no. Cheers,
    02-12-19 12:27 AM
    I also lean it's more connected to typing style than HW issues. I rarely have seen the cursor mode popup, but quite often I do have issues with swiping up words not registering. But then when I do swipe up "carefully" I get the desired word selected. So typing consciously carefully helps. I am not saying a better HW&SW can not solve it all, but currently it is what it is.
    02-12-19 12:41 AM
    I also lean it's more connected to typing style than HW issues. I rarely have seen the cursor mode popup, but quite often I do have issues with swiping up words not registering. But then when I do swipe up "carefully" I get the desired word selected. So typing consciously carefully helps. I am not saying a better HW&SW can not solve it all, but currently it is what it is.
    I hear your pain. The point is, with a productivity devise/tool, speed with accuracy is the whole game! That's what we are all about! That is the struggle in its essence, to help make this BlackBerry as efficient as we expect! Welcome,
    02-12-19 01:14 AM
    @Crussader03 Agree - one should be able to effortlessly flick up the desired word, not deliberately and slowly swipe it up and still having a hit and miss experience. From my using of KeyOne and Key2 I am inclined to think that it is not faulty HW, but more of HW capabilities ("touch resolution") and SW implementation working together. BB should at least try to improve on this on SW side for Key2 and look for combined HW+SW fix for Key3. I guess even in this case it will still be somehow dependant on typing style/habits. But nothing is perfect
    02-12-19 01:46 AM
    The question is, do you accept it as is? Are you OK with paying as much as you did for a staple feature that doesn't work as advertised?

Even @Bla1ze confirmed he saw the bug, but in his words "not to the point it's bothersome to me" - post # 398.

This is so bothersome to me that I have to turn the feature off, the same feature that I was marketed, sold and paid for...

Jan update delivered a significant improvement but as much as I thought it fixed the issue, time and experience proved me wrong though fortunately, at least we are not back to square one.
    02-12-19 01:54 AM
    @RK_BB I am with @Bla1ze on this - it is not bothersome. But it definitely needs to be improved upon and eventually fixed. And I am willing to support both community and BB in such an efforts.
    02-12-19 01:59 AM
2,521 ... 4849505152 ...