And the views Chuck? Nothing right?!? Been to a few Rodeos my Freind! Agreed that all technology has its quirks! Not what we are discussing here, is it? Cheers,
    So what’s your point? My viewpoint is that capacitive PKBs in general suck and I don’t care for them. The Key2 is PKB anomaly that I suspect carriers didn’t want to carry while those same carriers are willing to carry the LE because it doesn’t offer the same problems being non capacitive......

I don’t think current thread represents statistically large enough sample to be reliable.... I feel the data count has become a self fulfilling prophecy.......
    02-07-19 08:05 PM
    So what’s your point? My viewpoint is that capacitive PKBs in general suck and I don’t care for them. The Key2 is PKB anomaly that I suspect carriers didn’t want to carry while those same carriers are willing to carry the LE because it doesn’t offer the same problems being non capacitive......

I don’t think current thread represents statistically large enough sample to be reliable.... I feel the data count has become a self fulfilling prophecy.......
    Chuck, you know or should know that the capacitive PKB of the K1 (which I also owned) had quirks, but not the issues we are experiencing with MANY K2 capacitive PKB. You do know this, right? My point is, this is a capacitive PKB devise and aside from "Quirks" , it needs to function properly as far as a reasonable BlackBerry customer experience! By the way Chuck, why do you suppose that the Keyboard App was moved to a system App in January's update and provided some relief from the issues discussed over 1,000 posts here??? Dismissive non-factual arguments will not fly in the face of facts (outside the US of course)! Cheers,
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-07-19 08:19 PM
    Chuck, you know or should know that the capacitive PKB of the K1 (which I also owned) had quirks, but not the issues we are experiencing with MANY K2 capacitive PKB. You do know this, right? My point is, this is a capacitive PKB devise and aside from "Quirks" , it needs to function properly as far as a reasonable BlackBerry customer experience! By the way Chuck, why do you suppose that the Keyboard App was moved to a system App in January's update and provided some relief from the issues discussed over 1,000 posts here??? Dismissive non-factual arguments will not fly in the face of facts (outside the US of course)! Cheers,
    You’re misunderstanding the reply I’ve given. I believe you and the others are experiencing issues that aren’t the BlackBerry experience you all prefer. I believe the capacitive experience within the PKB to be impossible to please everyone’s preferences and the current experience to be the one that appeals to greatest number of users. I believe you and your thread-mates are somewhere on a spectrum between constructive feedback and impossible minority to BBMo powers. In the end, BBMo won’t be able to please everyone and some people may be left standing in the virtual game of musical chairs.
    02-07-19 08:59 PM
    @conite, with the greatest degree of respect, your comment is not only dismissive, but is beneath your perceived intelligence! I would respectfully ask you to troll elsewhere or provide useful, Imperical info to aid! This thread does not have 1,000+ posts and a staggering amount of reads because it is bogus! BBMo did not issue a global PKB attempted fix in January by accident! It does not in any reasonable way depict a small band of affected members! And it certainly does not benefit our community and BlackBerry to have you comment in an irresponsible manner because YOU are not affected directly, or more precisely, when your PKB misbehaves, you chalk it up to a minor annoyance! Some Ambassador! Support your fellow members or, by all means, we'll take it from here! Cheers,
    My point is that we know nothing of how widespread the issue is. It may be, or it may not be. Post count confirms nothing.

I'm not dismissing anything, nor am I suggesting the issue is bogus.

I choose my words carefully. I suggest you read them more carefully as well.
    02-07-19 09:02 PM
    You’re misunderstanding the reply I’ve given. I believe you and the others are experiencing issues that aren’t the BlackBerry experience you all prefer. I believe the capacitive experience within the PKB to be impossible to please everyone’s preferences and the current experience to be the one that appeals to greatest number of users. I believe you and your thread-mates are somewhere on a spectrum between constructive feedback and impossible minority to BBMo powers. In the end, BBMo won’t be able to please everyone and some people may be left standing in the virtual game of musical chairs.
    Thank you for the clarification Chuck. Let me see if I have this right.

Ok, so the impossible minority just happened to invoke a BBMo global response fix in the January update (which included a Playstore App being moved to a system app) which also made these responses much less painful to type on my beautiful devise! Am I understanding you correctly so far?
    Alright, now for the crazy part Chuck, why would BBMo issue this level of fix (and another rumoured to come) for a few sorry souls that comprise a load of the 1000+ posts on here? Could it be, please brace yourself, that BBMo has known all along that the PKB on our beloved K2's is flawed and that said flaw would affect all devises by varying degrees? Thus prompting a software global fix for all units in order to correct? Crazy talk, I know Chuck. I understand your motivation to downplay this issue, however, the facts, for those of us who are not affiliated with CB/TCL/BBMo are quite different, in fact, I would argue that we are the true ambassadors of the brand, as we do not want to see it fail and demand fixes where fixes are warranted, not "Quirks" , but true issues that are plain to see by responses on BBMo OS updates and here. Cheers,
    02-07-19 09:20 PM
    My point is that we know nothing of how widespread the issue is. It may be, or it may not be. Post count confirms nothing.

I'm not dismissing anything, nor am I suggesting the issue is bogus.

I choose my words carefully. I suggest you read them more carefully as well.
    I am glad you choose your responses carefully Conite, it shows. I too choose my responses carefully, it is wise to do so. In fact, including our discussion, my typing experience has also been mostly pleasurable after the last global update fix. I apologize but have really nothing more to add to your response. Cheers,
    02-07-19 09:33 PM
    Thank you for the clarification Chuck. Let me see if I have this right.

Ok, so the impossible minority just happened to invoke a BBMo global response fix in the January update (which included a Playstore App being moved to a system app) which also made these responses much less painful to type on my beautiful devise! Am I understanding you correctly so far?
    Alright, now for the crazy part Chuck, why would BBMo issue this level of fix (and another rumoured to come) for a few sorry souls that compromise a load of the 1000+ posts on here? Could it be, please brace yourself, that BBMo has known all along that the PKB on our beloved K2's is flawed and that said flaw would affect all devises by varying degrees? Thus prompting a software global fix for all units in order to correct? Crazy talk, I know Chuck. I understand your motivation to downplay this issue, however, the facts, for those of us who are not affiliated with CB/TCL/BBMo are quite different, in fact, I would argue that we are the true ambassadors I of the brand, as we do not want to see it fail and demand fixes where fixes are warranted, not "Quirks" , but true issues that are plain to see by responses on OS and here. Cheers,
    Very rarely do I get irritated here... what motivation do I have beyond my opinion? I’m not affiliated in any way here with CB/TCL/BBMo or even BB previous..... if you think some change happened because of something you’ve done, great!!!!! I don’t think what BBMo did was directly related or there would have been some acknowledgment that something was improved or corrected..

Again, I don’t speak for anyone but myself. I find it amusing when anyone chooses to anoint themselves the self proclaimed spokesperson for the vocal minority as I believe in the silent majority. For example, when BBMo couldn’t get with USA carriers for Key2, I bought AT&T iPhone XR for now and dual carry with AT&T KEYone until things change.
    02-07-19 09:36 PM
    Very rarely do I get irritated here... what motivation do I have beyond my opinion? I’m not affiliated in any way here with CB/TCL/BBMo or even BB previous..... if you think some change happened because of something you’ve done, great!!!!! I don’t think what BBMo did was directly related or there would have been some acknowledgment that something was improved or corrected..

Again, I don’t speak for anyone but myself. I find it amusing when anyone chooses to anoint themselves the self proclaimed spokesperson for the vocal minority as I believe in the silent majority. For example, when BBMo couldn’t get with USA carriers for Key2, I bought AT&T iPhone XR for now and dual carry with AT&T KEYone until things change.
    Irritation, Chuck, would never be my intent, in fact when folks minimize our plight, I too get irritated, but endeavour to have an intellectual exchange rather than a polarizing melee. For the record, I do not for a moment speak for the members affected, of which I am one. I also do not claim to have affected any change in our struggle. I do however use my voice to forward our cause and opinion when my sensibilities are challenged. Open and honest discussions have moved mountains and offered us our greatest triumphs throughout history. And the saga continues. Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-07-19 at 10:00 PM.
    Bob80220 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-07-19 09:50 PM
    Wow that's some reading. Glad the keyboard is holding up for you @Crusader03. You're typing like there's no end of the world now!
    Anyhow, I do echo your words. If it wasn't for this thread, we wouldn't have known and reached out to BlackBerry collectively. It doesn't matter how many are affected by this but what matters is that BlackBerry has acknowledged it and are fixing this. This is probably the best the keyboard has been on this device.
    With the price of the phone and PKB being the fundamental part of the sale, this is how it should have been from the day one and perhaps their focus could have been around the advertised camera and what not. Any how, let's peace out and get back to the original topic and don't spam others who are following this thread. Cheers.
    02-07-19 10:21 PM
    Wow that's some reading. Glad the keyboard is holding up for you @Crusader03. You're typing like there's no end of the world now!
    Anyhow, I do echo your words. If it wasn't for this thread, we wouldn't have known and reached out to BlackBerry collectively. It doesn't matter how many are affected by this but what matters is that BlackBerry has acknowledged it and are fixing this. This is probably the best the keyboard has been on this device.
    With the price of the phone and PKB being the fundamental part of the sale, this is how it should have been from the day one and perhaps their focus could have been around the advertised camera and what not. Any how, let's peace out and get back to the original topic and don't spam others who are following this thread. Cheers.
    Well said! I will stand down. Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-08-19 at 12:23 AM.
    TheBond likes this.
    02-07-19 10:27 PM
    Well if they did tweak the keyboard software then maybe they made the space bar to insensitive as I find lately I'm hitting it and not getting my space. No idea now if it's me making corrections in the way I type as I am trying to adjust my style so I don't have the issues. Time will tell. I have always had keyboard issues. But on bb10 phones I was able to purchase new keyboards and change them myself won't be happening with this one.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-08-19 05:28 PM
    I haven't experienced an issue prior to the ABP242 update or after with the space bar... it has always performed well.

Bob
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-08-19 05:51 PM
    I haven't experienced an issue prior to the ABP242 update or after with the space bar... it has always performed well.

Bob
    Same.
    02-08-19 05:52 PM
    Mine has also always worked as expected.
    02-08-19 08:17 PM
    As you are aware I sent videos to BlackBerry Technical Support last week, at their request, of my KEY2 experiencing the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping words from predicted text. I received a reply today and honestly I don't know what to think. The response I received from BlackBerry Technical Support was as follows....

"We can send your device to repair or try to exchange it?"

I honestly don't know what to make of this response... I am curious from those of you who are involved in this discussion, and have open cases with BlackBerry Technical Support, what your take is regarding this response. Also, I am curious if any of you with open cases have received any follow up after contacting them regarding this PKB sensitivity issue after the ABP242 update?

Bob
    02-11-19 03:37 PM
    As you are aware I sent videos to BlackBerry Technical Support last week, at their request, of my KEY2 experiencing the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping words from predicted text. I received a reply today and honestly I don't know what to think. The response I received from BlackBerry Technical Support was as follows....

I honestly don't know what to make of this response... I am curious from those of you who are involved in this discussion, and have open cases with BlackBerry Technical Support, what your take is regarding this response. Also, I am curious if any of you with open cases have received any follow up after contacting them regarding this PKB sensitivity issue after the ABP242 update?

Bob
    I would imagine that their take was that since they couldn't reproduce the problem, they have decided your device is faulty.
    02-11-19 03:56 PM

Bob
    Funny! I was just about to ask you whether you have heard from them or not...

Anyone that follow this thread knows that at some point, before January OS update was delivered to which I falsely announced a complete fix, I purchased a new device in an attempt to negate the "new build" argument; the thought process was such that if I get a newer build and unable to reproduce then we are likely looking at a hardware issue. Of course I was able to reproduce immediately on a much newer build than my original device and shipped the new device back. This is when I started the "typing style" thread.

Fast Forward to late Jan, installed the latest update only to be proven that though improved the fix is incomplete and therefore I decided to try my luck with a newer build yet again only this time I received a rather old build to which I lost motivation, re-packed it and shipped it back...

The morale of this long reply Bob is that it may very well be that a new device from a new build may be bug free as we have yet to prove whether this is a hardware or software related matter.

If I am you, I am taking them up on their offer to replace the device.
    02-11-19 03:59 PM

Bob
    In one of my posts with a screen shot of a reply I received it said BBMO tech will not come out and specifically reveal what the issue is. Your reply just might be a roundabout way of admitting it is a pkb build problem and they are aware of it. If I were you I would take them up on it. If the replacement comes back without the swipe-up problem then we know for sure. BBMO will then be flooded (or trickled) with warranty covered requests for replacements or repairs.
    02-11-19 04:00 PM
    After I posted I sent BlackBerry Technical Support an email response asking a couple of questions regarding their options offer. I asked, if I sent my KEY2 in for repair would they be replacing the PKB? If so, then I'm assuming that would indicate a hardware issue with the PKB. My other question was, if I were to take door number 2 and get a replacement device, would it be a new KEY2 or a refurbished device. If I went with the new device, if that is the case, I wanted an assurance I wouldn't get one that doesn't have the dreaded loose, wobbly, clicky space bar. My current Black KEY2 doesn't have a loose, wobbly, clicky, space bar and I most definitely don't want one that does... hahaha

Thanks for your responses and I will update the thread once I receive a response from BlackBerry Technical Support.

Bob
    02-11-19 04:18 PM
    ....would it be a new KEY2 or a refurbished device...
    Any replacement device is refurbished.
    02-11-19 04:19 PM
    Any replacement device is refurbished.
    Well that wouldn't be acceptable to me unfortunately... 😓

Bob
    02-11-19 04:27 PM

Bob
    Hey Bob, had the same request twice from them. Someone on here has gone through that process only to have a refurbished phone with the same PKB issues (Smokeaire maybe), can't remember off hand who it was, hopefully, they will chime in. My response twice was only if they could guarantee me a late date build, both times the answer was that they could not. I am watching my 1 year anniversary date, and if no fix by June, 2019, I may as well take them up on their offer, but not before as my phone is in pristine condition except for PKB issue. They are all over the place with individual case responses, not very promising to say the least.
    02-11-19 04:27 PM
    Hey Bob, had the same request twice from them. Someone on here has gone through that process only to have a refurbished phone with the same PKB issues (Smokeaire maybe), can't remember off hand who it was, hopefully, they will chime in. My response twice was only if they could guarantee me a late date build, both times the answer was that they could not. I am watching my 1 year anniversary date, and if no fix by June, 2019, I may as well take them up on their offer, but not before as my phone is in pristine condition except for PKB issue. They are all over the place with individual case responses, not very promising to say the least.
    It was me with the refurbished phone replacement. I ask the same question to them when I was on the phone. I admit I got very heated with them about getting a refurbished phone vs a new replacement. Since it was obvious I wasn't going to win that battle I acquiesced and went through the process. This was after I sent my first KEY² in for pkb repair (pkb replacement).
    So it is either repair or refurbished. Take your poison.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-11-19 04:41 PM
    I'm not a fan of knowingly eating hemlock... 🙊

Bob
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-11-19 04:44 PM
    It was me with the refurbished phone replacement. I ask the same question to them when I was on the phone. I admit I got very heated with them about getting a refurbished phone vs a new replacement. Since it was obvious I wasn't going to win that battle I acquiesced and went through the process. This was after I sent my first KEY² in for pkb repair (pkb replacement).
    Smokeaire, as I recollect, the PKB replacement also had the issue, right? Is it still the one you have? If so, then absolutely no guarantees for any of us on a repair/replacement option.
    02-11-19 04:47 PM
2,521 ... 4647484950 ...