I have not had cursor mode jump up for a while but still get vkb popping up. My swiping seems to work ok although sometimes to well as I get words or stuff I don't want thrown into my typing. I have just accepted it now as is. If I want great typing I can bring out the classic. I'm still more then happy with this phone. So much of my issues seems to be trying to keep phone in my hand and not tip out.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-07-19 03:43 PM
    ....excellent videographer with her iPhone...
    Hold your horses! You had the video shot with an iPhone?!? This is utterly atrocious!
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-07-19 04:00 PM
    Hold your horses! You had the video shot with an iPhone?!? This is utterly atrocious!
    I have 4 millennial children... they only speak iPhone. They call me Old Man and think my BlackBerry KEY2 is from the prehistoric era...

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-07-19 04:15 PM
    I have not had cursor mode jump up for a while but still get vkb popping up. My swiping seems to work ok although sometimes to well as I get words or stuff I don't want thrown into my typing. I have just accepted it now as is. If I want great typing I can bring out the classic. I'm still more then happy with this phone. So much of my issues seems to be trying to keep phone in my hand and not tip out.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Yup, RegN that's why we are pursuing this like the ring in "Lord of the Rings" ! We should never have to settle that BlackBerry experience impact issues are just the way it is. In that case, almost any mid to high range phone will do. This will all help, nurture and improve the brand that we all remember and want this version it to be. Cheers,
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-07-19 04:48 PM
    I have 4 millennial children... they only speak iPhone. They call me Old Man and think my BlackBerry KEY2 is from the prehistoric era...

Bob
    I don't know if I can get passed that. You are a Mighty Ten member for heaven's sake!

I guess I might look the other way if that video will bring us swipe up solace.
    02-07-19 04:51 PM
    I don't know if I can get passed that. You are a Mighty Ten member for heaven's sake!

I have 2 children, one is a Millennial. I swear his iPhone addiction is as strong as Heston's "From my Cold Dead Hands" ! If we as a community had 1/10th of their ferocity, this might already have been resolved!
    02-07-19 04:59 PM
    I have 2 children, one is a Millennial. I swear his iPhone addiction is as strong as Heston's "From my Cold Dead Hands" ! If we as a community had 1/10th of their ferocity, this might already have been resolved!
    Ferrari and Toyota, Versace and Zara, Ritz Carlton and Motel 6, BlackBerry and Apple (burf)....
    02-07-19 05:03 PM

Would you have preferred that I had the video taken by a Pixel 3 or an S9? 😂

Bob
    02-07-19 05:08 PM
    Would you have preferred that I had the video taken by a Pixel 3 or an S9?

Bob
    Anything but the enemy Bob, anything.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-07-19 05:09 PM
    Anything but the enemy Bob, anything.
    I was trying to get a video as quickly as possible. I would have had to place an In Search Of ad on Craigslist for a BlackBerry owner to get a video taken by a BlackBerry device... I'm not sure I would have gotten a response before the KEY3 was released... 🤔

Bob
    RK_BB and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-07-19 05:16 PM
    I was trying to get a video as quickly as possible. I would have had to place an In Search Of ad on Craigslist for a BlackBerry owner to get a video taken by a BlackBerry device... I'm not sure I would have gotten a response before the KEY3 was released...

Bob
    I believe you are the victim of some hearty, well intended bantering Bob. From all of us who I may add, did not even produce a video on an ancient Beta system!!! We bow down to you!
    02-07-19 05:41 PM
    I believe you are the victim of some hearty, well intended bantering Bob.
    Yes, I am well aware... as are my replies... 😁

Bob
    02-07-19 05:45 PM
    Yes, I am well aware... as are my replies...

Bob
    Hahaha!
    02-07-19 05:47 PM
    From all of who I may add, did not even produce a video on an ancient Beta system!!!
    Excuse me? Post # 170 Sir! In a well over 1000 posts thread...

/blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317-post13285424/
    02-07-19 05:48 PM
    Excuse me? Post # 170 Sir! In a well over 1000 posts thread...

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=13285424
    Damn RK_BB, forgot that one! They told me that the knees were the first to go with age, I beg to differ!
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-07-19 05:51 PM
    This thread has jumped from 37K reads last week to 41K+ reads currently. That's a significant increase of interest in a weeks time. Could this be an indication there are KEY2 owners, other than the Mighty Ten, that are experiencing an issue with their PKB?

At this rate this thread might surpass the Verizon KEY2 Waiting Room thread... hahaha

Bob
    02-07-19 06:19 PM
    This thread has jumped from 37K reads last week to 41K+ reads currently. That's a significant increase of interest in a weeks time. Could this be an indication there are KEY2 owners, other than the Mighty Ten, that are experiencing an issue with their PKB?

At this rate this thread might surpass the Verizon KEY2 Waiting Room thread... hahaha

Bob
    From the very beginning I said to @TheBond @Smokeaire and @Crusader03 that I am baffled by the relative low amount of participation.

I later learned that not only there are more BlackBerry forums and sites out there but that there might be members, perhaps a large amount of which that do not feel comfortable communicating in English around here or maybe some that just lurke around taking comfort by the fact that the issue is managed and feel no need to join the "me too" movement.

This staggering number of reads is truly astonishing and speaks to the fact that many are affected (otherwise why the heck would they bother....); more than I was led to believe by the relative low contribution rate.

This also confirm that BlackBerry Mobile is taking this issue seriously; they already proved it but this is further confirming it as we know of about 20 cases we tracked here but we do not know how many cases were opened by those who are affected yet never contributed.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-07-19 06:30 PM
    From the very beginning I said to @TheBond @Smokeaire and @Crusader03 that I am baffled by the relative low amount of participation.

I later learned that not only there are more BlackBerry forums and sites out there but that there might be members, perhaps a large amount of which that do not feel comfortable communicating in English around here or maybe some that just lurke around taking comfort by the fact that the issue is managed and feel no need to join the "me too" movement.

This staggering number of reads is truly astonishing and speaks to the fact that many are affected (otherwise why the heck would they bother....); more than I was led to believe by the relative low contribution rate.

This also confirm that BlackBerry Mobile is taking this issue seriously; they already proved it but this is further confirming it as we know of about 20 cases we tracked here but we do not know how many cases were opened by those who are affected yet never contributed.
    Yep... I agree wholeheartedly with all that you said... 👍

Bob
    02-07-19 06:33 PM
    Yep... I agree wholeheartedly with all that you said...

Bob
    The strange thing is that huge groups of people seem to have no issue discussing other problems/bugs/gripes in other threads. It's weird.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen-lift thread had hundreds of active participants. Getting the KEY² and KEY² LE working on Verizon blew up this website too with countless posters.

It's possible there a lot of reads in this thread because you guys always keep it at the top.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    gloommerchant likes this.
    02-07-19 06:38 PM
    It's possible there a lot of reads in this thread because you guys always keep it at the top.
    I respectively disagree...

Bob
    02-07-19 06:51 PM
    I respectively disagree...

Bob
    Disagree with what? That people don't seem to have issues reporting problems in other threads, or that other explanations for the read count are even possible?
    02-07-19 06:54 PM
    Disagree with what? That people don't seem to have issues reporting problems in other threads, or that other explanations for the read count are even possible?
    There is an issue with the sensitivity of the PKB that affects swiping of predicted words. How wide spread it is I have no idea... but it does exist. BlackBerry Mobile acknowledges the issue. My videos that I submitted to BlackBerry Technical Support today clearly shows the issue.

Comparatively to other reported issues this seems to have more interest... the read count indicates this in my opinion. More than the fingerprint sensor issue, space bar being to high... wobbly... loose... clicky.

I love my KEY2... I don't have any issue other than the sensitivity when swiping predicted words. It does exist... bottom line. Having swiped on all my previous BlackBerry devices, most recently with a PRIV for 3 years, I didn't experience what I am currently with my KEY2.

I don't want to debate how widespread the issue is as my concern is about what I am experiencing along with the others who post here, and read here, experiencing the same documented and BlackBerry acknowledged issue.

Bob
    02-07-19 07:11 PM
    @conite, with the greatest degree of respect, your comment is not only dismissive, but is beneath your perceived intelligence! I would respectfully ask you to troll elsewhere or provide useful, Imperical info to aid! This thread does not have 1,000+ posts and a staggering amount of reads because it is bogus! BBMo did not issue a global PKB attempted fix in January by accident! It does not in any reasonable way depict a small band of affected members! And it certainly does not benefit our community and BlackBerry to have you comment in an irresponsible manner because YOU are not affected directly, or more precisely, when your PKB misbehaves, you chalk it up to a minor annoyance! Some Ambassador! Support your fellow members or, by all means, we'll take it from here! Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-07-19 at 07:37 PM.
    Bob80220, TheBond, RK_BB and 1 others like this.
    02-07-19 07:16 PM
    @conite, with the greatest degree of respect, your comment is not only dismissive, but is beneath your perceived intelligence! I would respectfully ask you to troll elsewhere or provide useful, Imperical info to aid! This thread does not have 1,000+ posts and a staggering amount of reads because it is bogus! BBMo did not issue a global PKB attempted fix by accident! It does not in any reasonable way depict a small band of affected members! And it certainly does not benefit our community and BlackBerry to have you comment in an irresponsible manner because YOU are not affected directly, or more precisely, when your PKB misbehaves, you chalk it up to a minor annoyance! Some Ambassador!
    For me, the nuances described here, seems to have been around on previous devices and I attribute to general nature of capacitive PKB since beginning.

On different note, his comment is about statistical observation..... 1,000 posts really doesn’t mean that much if from 10-15 people having a discussion over period of months...
    02-07-19 07:43 PM
    For me, the nuances described here, seems to have been around on previous devices and I attribute to general nature of capacitive PKB since beginning.

On different note, his comment is about statistical observation..... 1,000 posts really doesn’t mean that much if from 10-15 people having a discussion over period of months...
    And the views Chuck? Nothing right?!? Been to a few Rodeos my Freind! Agreed that all technology has its quirks! Not what we are discussing here, is it? Cheers,
    02-07-19 07:49 PM
2,521 ... 4546474849 ...