I am curious if any of the Mighty Ten who is working with BlackBerry Technical Support has been asked to submit a video of the PKB swiping sensitivity issue? In my correspondence with BlackBerry Technical Support I have been asked to submit one if possible.

Unfortunately I am not capable of doing a video... can one of the Mighty Ten submit a video or if you have been asked previously, did you send a video to BlackBerry Technical Support?

Bob
    02-05-19 09:25 AM
    I am curious if any of the Mighty Ten who is working with BlackBerry Technical Support has been asked to submit a video of the PKB swiping sensitivity issue? In my correspondence with BlackBerry Technical Support I have been asked to submit one if possible.

Unfortunately I am not capable of doing a video... can one of the Mighty Ten submit a video or if you have been asked previously, did you send a video to BlackBerry Technical Support?

Bob
    That is very interesting Bob. I personally have not been asked. Unfortunately, I too am not able. That leaves a mighty 8 to hear from.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-05-19 11:39 AM
    Unfortunately my son is currently out of the country until the weekend so I can't ask him to video my using the KEY2 swiping predicted words on my KEY2 PKB with his iPhone. Maybe my daughter can assist me with this... I would like to honor BlackBerry Mobile Technical Supports request so they can see the issue I, and others, are dealing with.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-05-19 01:03 PM
    Unfortunately my son is currently out of the country until the weekend so I can't ask him to video my using the KEY2 swiping predicted words on my KEY2 PKB with his iPhone. Maybe my daughter can assist me with this... I would like to honor BlackBerry Mobile Technical Supports request so they can see the issue I, and others, are dealing with.

Bob
    In the meanwhile, much like I did and documented here on this very thread with the "cursor mode" bug, start looking up K2 reviews online and you will see plenty of examples.
    02-05-19 01:28 PM
    I am going to see if my daughter, or my lady friend, can get a video that I can forward to BlackBerry Technical Support. This will take a few days and hopefully I can get this handled. If possible, perhaps some of the others here dealing with this issue could work on getting a video to forward to BlackBerry Technical Support.

Bob
    02-05-19 02:11 PM
    I am going to see if my daughter, or my lady friend, can get a video that I can forward to BlackBerry Technical Support. This will take a few days and hopefully I can get this handled. If possible, perhaps some of the others here dealing with this issue could work on getting a video to forward to BlackBerry Technical Support.

Bob
    Bob,

I took a video of my KEY² cursor mode issue using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Let me tell you it wasn't easy holding two phones, trying to keep the KEY² in camera view of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and watching the KEY² screen at the same time. Took many tries to get something decent.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-05-19 02:47 PM
    Bob,

I took a video of my KEY² cursor mode issue using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Let me tell you it wasn't easy holding two phones, trying to keep the KEY² in camera view of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and watching the KEY² screen at the same time. Took many tries to get something decent.
    I understand... I made an attempt doing a video using my PRIV while trying to type and swipe on my KEY2 and it was a total fail... hahaha That is why I'm going to see if I can get my daughter or my lady friend to take a video with their iPhone while I type and swipe.

Bob
    02-05-19 02:57 PM

Bob
    I was asked and I did record one for them. It took me a few times to send one to them as they couldn't receive the attachment. It was insane.
    Smokeaire and Bob80220 like this.
    02-05-19 03:00 PM
    I was asked and I did record one for them. It took me a few times to send one to them as they couldn't receive the attachment. It was insane.
    Getting a video is difficult enough and then having an issue having them receive it on top of that? hahaha

Hopefully I won't have an issue once I get a video... if I can.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 02-05-19 at 03:36 PM.
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-05-19 03:09 PM
    Here's a link to the first post of a thread where the OP mentions a client who has the same issues discussed here (see screenshot).

/blackberry-key2-le-f474/new-key2-le-review-05feb-2019-pro-uk-1163271/#post13344614
    02-06-19 04:59 AM
    One line answer pls, is this issue got resolved with new update or not
    02-06-19 05:29 AM
    One line answer pls, is this issue got resolved with new update or not
    I will chime in here for the first time since the update was installed on my device.

Though I came out with exciting news about a complete fix immediately post installation I have to admit that I have seen the cursor mode bug a few times as well as experienced random SYM keyboard pop and questionable swipe up performance.

That being said, it is by far the best we have seen since the device launched back in July of last year and it is totally manageable.

Acceptable? Absolutely not but manageable, sure.

To be clear, it was NOT manageable before the last OS update.

Sorry it wasn't one line as you requested but there is more to it than simply a yes or no answer.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-06-19 09:59 AM
    I will chime in here for the first time since the update was installed on my device.

Though I came out with exciting news about a complete fix immediately post installation I have to admit that I have seen the cursor mode bug a few times as well as experienced random SYM keyboard pop and questionable swipe up performance.

That being said, it is by far the best we have seen since the device launched back in July of last year and it is totally manageable.

Acceptable? Absolutely not but manageable, sure.

To be clear, it was NOT manageable before the last OS update.

Sorry it wasn't one line as you requested but there is more to it than simply a yes or no answer.
    That is why I refrain from any declarations one way or another until I've had a several days of thoroughly testing the keyboard in multiple situations.
    The cursor mode isn't 100% fixed but greatly improved and the swipe up issue is horrible. I haven't dispensed with the thought that some of the issues are caused by pkb design as well as software failings. The pop-up keyboard random appearances are mildly annoying but very livable.
    I really think most of these problems will be fixed with the pkb of a KEY3 whenever or if ever it is released.
    02-06-19 10:27 AM
    That is why I refrain from any declarations one way or another until I've had a several days of thoroughly testing the keyboard in multiple situations.
    The cursor mode isn't 100% fixed but greatly improved and the swipe up issue is horrible. I haven't dispensed with the thought that some of the issues are caused by pkb design as well as software failings. The pop-up keyboard random appearances are mildly annoying but very livable.
    I really think most of these problems will be fixed with the pkb of a KEY3 whenever or if ever it is released.
    You have a much more tamed approach! I guess excitement gets the better of me...

It looks like the developers aren't throwing the towel just yet. I have faith we shall see a full fix with our K2 + we still have the rumored keyboard app makeover in the pipeline.

I have a feeling we'll see another improvement with the next OS update and I would like to remind that the swipe up issue was there since K1; is it not a K2 specific issue wheras the cursor mode and SYM bugs are.

K3 is not something I can put my money on at this point.
    02-06-19 10:36 AM
    You have a much more tamed approach! I guess excitement gets the better of me...

It looks like the developers aren't throwing the towel just yet. I have faith we shall see a full fix with our K2 + we still have the rumored keyboard app makeover in the pipeline.

I have a feeling we'll see another improvement with the next OS update and I would like to remind that the swipe up issue was there since K1; is it not a K2 specific issue wheras the cursor mode and SYM bugs are.

K3 is not something I can put my money on at this point.
    It's not a tamed approach, it's a methodical, analytical, testing process with a bunch of skepticism thrown in.
    Bob80220 and RK_BB like this.
    02-06-19 12:29 PM
    It's not a tamed approach, it's a methodical, analytical, testing process with a bunch of skepticism thrown in.
    Better than mine!
    02-06-19 12:30 PM
    All of the above comments are, in my opinion, well thought out and constructive. As some have mentioned, I initially thought or hoped, that the PKB sensitivity issue was resolved with the recent update... Resolved no, but from what I am experiencing improved.

I don't experience the cursor issue and I account that to my one thumb typing style. I don't hover over the PKB with both thumbs, or just one thumb. Over the last week since the update I do experience the inconsistent/erratic swiping of predicted words. However, from what I can determine it's not as frequent as it was prior to the update. Could I be making a conscious adjustment with my thumb positioning on the PKB to compensate for this issue? Perhaps, but regardless it does seem to be an improved experience with the swiping of predicted words. The instances of no word or the incorrect word does appear to be much better than before the update.

I have mentioned this to BlackBerry Technical Support as we are all aware they clearly made an attempt to rectify this issue in the recent update. From what I have read here on CB they acknowledge the issue and an attempt to get this fixed. I also pointed out that the swiping is not as efficient as former BlackBerry devices and most recently with my PRIV over 3 year of use before getting the KEY2.

I am going to go forward with getting a video tomorrow... even though this swiping issue has improved it appears, it does occur although not as frequent. Hopefully when I do the video this issue will present itself so BlackBerry Technical Support can see what I am experiencing.

Bob
    anon(10387168) and Smokeaire like this.
    02-06-19 12:48 PM
    Completely agree! Much better, but still problematic and still needs work. As for our excitement when even minute improvements are evident, I equate it to the "Stockholm Syndrome" , we have been held captive by this issue so long, that when our captors throw us a bone, we naturally rejoice, until reality rears it's ugly head again. Cheers,
    Smokeaire, Bob80220 and moosbb like this.
    02-06-19 01:18 PM
    Completely agree! Much better, but still problematic and still needs work. As for our excitement when even minute improvements are evident, I equate it to the "Stockholm Syndrome" , we have been held captive by this issue so long, that when our captors throw us a bone, we naturally rejoice, until reality rears it's ugly head again. Cheers,
    I am guilty at that!
    02-06-19 01:20 PM
    I am guilty at that!
    Me too!
    02-06-19 01:21 PM
    I was able to get a couple of videos today of the inconsistency when swiping predicted words. I have sent them to BlackBerry Technical Support... additionally, I asked for confirmation they were able to be viewed.

When I get a response from BlackBerry Technical Support I will update this thread.

Bob
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-07-19 03:10 PM
    I was able to get a couple of videos today of the inconsistency when swiping predicted words. I have sent them to BlackBerry Technical Support... additionally, I asked for confirmation they were able to be viewed.

When I get a response from BlackBerry Technical Support I will update this thread.

Bob
    Good job!!!
    02-07-19 03:12 PM

Bob
    Nice Bob!
    02-07-19 03:13 PM

Bob
    Thank you Bob for doing this for all of us! Including the members of the community that are less affected, but still affected. Outstanding!
    02-07-19 03:16 PM
    It wasn't difficult to get the videos having someone assist and my daughter was an excellent videographer with her iPhone... hahaha

Hopefully these videos will be helpful for BlackBerry Technical Support. I mentioned the swiping of predicted words from my experience, as well as others here on CrackBerry, appears to have improved with the January update ABP242. I also have pointed out it's still not as consistent to previous BlackBerry devices that I have owned, as well as others, as reported here in the Forum.

More than happy to assist...👍

Bob
    RK_BB and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-07-19 03:36 PM
2,521 ... 4445464748 ...