My case never closed. Have informed Rep that the swipe up issues still exist. I have emailed them and now awaiting a response (usually your run of the mill corporate minutia), but will insist! By the way, the swipe up seems worse today than yesterday. Is this the case with you also Bob?
    The other issues seem to be holding much better and can be celebrated as somewhat of a small victory, but the War is by no means over! Some here may see our tenacity as belligerent and minimalistic, but the fact is, if we don't show some teeth, then nothing will happen and a great Iconic Brand may falter! Cheers,
    I can't tell if the swiping issue is worse today or not... I just know it still exists and it is more than frustrating for me. Especially after the recent update as I was hoping for this issue to be resolved.

Good on you for getting in contact with BlackBerry Mobile regarding this issue... Again!!! We need as many KEY2 owners as we can get to open up a case with BBMo if we expect to get any results getting this issue resolved by BBMo. It seems reasonable to me that more than us Mighty Ten are experiencing this issue based on the 37K+ reads to this thread. Who knows what the number of KEY2 owners is that are affected with the PKB issue... I can assure you it's more than 10!!!

I liken this issue to people who complain about politicians, etc. but when you ask them if they voted often times they say why? Nothing will change is their response. I tell them you have no right to complain if you didn't vote. So to drop by this thread and read it or post complaining about the PKB issue and not take the proper course of action by opening up a case with BBMo how can we expect to get a resolution?

If BBMo is flooded with KEY2 users all making mention of the PKB issue I feel it will most definately get their attention. Complaining here on CrackBerry without opening up a case with BBMo isn't going to get it done and that's the reality.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-31-19 05:00 PM
    Fully agree Bob! I would like to propose taking this issue one step further. I unfortunately do not have the technical knowhow to do it, but am sure we have people here who can. I believe we should post a video of the issue in its full blown glory! Further, we should blanket it across as many Social Media Platforms as possible in order to 1) raise awareness, 2) pressure BBMo into expediting a full and proper solution, and 3) set at bay all deniers, once and for all! We would then all share often and "Like" such posts in order to ensure traction! Wish we did not have to go to these lengths, but 7 months of suffering and waiting for yet another half baked solution wills it! Thoughts? Cheers,
    Bob80220 likes this.
    01-31-19 05:16 PM
    Fully agree Bob! I would like to propose taking this issue one step further. I unfortunately do not have the technical knowhow to do it, but am sure we have people here who can. I believe we should post a video of the issue in its full blown glory! Further, we should blanket it across as many Social platforms as possible in order to 1) raise awareness, 2) pressure BBMo into expediting a full and proper solution, and 3) set at bay all deniers, once and for all! We would then all share often and "Like" such posts in order to ensure traction! Wish we did not have to go to these lengths, but 7 months of suffering and waiting for yet another half baked solution wills it! Thoughts? Cheers,
    I don't do any social media so I am unable to assist with that platform. I do believe the best approach is to get as many affected KEY2 owners that are dealing with the PKB issue to open up a case with BBMo. If BBMo received let's say, 500-1,000, or more contacts from KEY2 users, I think that might get some action... along with overwhelming BBMo... hahaha I feel am being conservative with the potential KEY2 owners that are suffering from this issue despite what has been posted.

Going back to your concept, I think that would also a have an impact and reaction from TCL/BBMo. The wrong approach is to do or say nothing. The more pressure on BBMo and letting BBMo know that we are not going to let this issue continue without their attention is a reasonable approach.

Bob
    01-31-19 05:31 PM
    I don't do any social media so I am unable to assist with that platform. I do believe the best approach is to get as many affected KEY2 owners that are dealing with the PKB issue to open up a case with BBMo. If BBMo received let's say, 500-1,000, or more contacts from KEY2 users, I think that might get some action... along with overwhelming BBMo... hahaha I feel am being conservative with the potential KEY2 owners that are suffering from this issue despite what has been posted.

Going back to your concept, I think that would also a have an impact and reaction from TCL/BBMo. The wrong approach is to do or say nothing. The more pressure on BBMo and letting BBMo know that we are not going to let this issue continue without their attention is a reasonable approach.

Bob
    Agreed, although, I am not as optimistic as you that most folks will indeed take action with opening a claim with BBMo, I have never wished I was more wrong!
    So that there is no misunderstanding, this is indeed a nuclear option, however, it is meant for TCL/BBMo to raise the bar and ensure the success of our beloved BlackBerry's.
    Well, now we wait for a volunteer to video, post and get this ball rolling! Let's Roll!!! Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 01-31-19 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Olá
    Bob80220 likes this.
    01-31-19 05:38 PM
    Agreed, although, I am not as optimistic as you that most folks will indeed take action with opening a claim with TCL/BBMo, I have never wished I was more wrong!
    So that there is no misunderstanding, this is indeed a nuclear option, however, it is meant for BBMo to raise the bar and ensure the success of our beloved BlackBerry's.
    Well, now we wait for a volunteer to video, post and get this ball rolling! Cheers,
    I totally understand your point that to expect to achieve a high number of KEY2 owners to open up a case with BBMo is unrealistic. That's why I used the analogy to people not voting. In some countries, like Argentina, where they have Compulsory Voting you are required to vote or have penalties imposed on you. Unfortunately we can't penalize KEY2 owners for not opening up a case with BBMo... hahaha

In any event, the idea of the video is a good one... I'm not equipped to do that but I am willing to bet someone here on CB that has a KEY2 affected by the PKB sensitivity issue can produce one.

Hopefully I will get a response soon from BBMo with regard to reopening my case. I sent my email this morning. Typically I get responses late in the evening or early morning here in Colorado.

Bob
    01-31-19 05:52 PM
    Update on my keyboard experience after January update. I think we can conclude the double tap / SYM issue is now resolved. Swipe up still not the best but it's usable to me. I don't think the hardware/design is as good as Passport when it comes to swiping up.
    02-01-19 08:00 PM
    Update on my keyboard experience after January update. I think we can conclude the double tap / SYM issue is now resolved. Swipe up still not the best but it's usable to me. I don't think the hardware/design is as good as Passport when it comes to swiping up.
    Agreed!
    02-01-19 08:02 PM
    A factory reset resolves most of these issues...

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    02-01-19 08:04 PM
    A factory reset resolves most of these issues...

Typed on my BlackBerry passport, via freedom mobile DC-HSPA+/LTE
    I don't believe you had been following this thread. This probably is the most active thread on Key² forum. BlackBerry has acknowledged the issue and have released an update. It has nothing to do with factory reset. I have done it myself and it still came back.
    RK_BB and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-01-19 08:07 PM
    I have been using my PRIV the past couple of weeks sending emails. I spent 3 years hammering away on the PRIV's PKB and going back to it I realized the swiping of suggested words is absolutely fantastic in comparison to the KEY2.

The PRIV was a BlackBerry manufactured device and the KEY2 is a BlackBerry Mobile manufactured device... it appears that TCL/BBMo needs to do a little more work on their PKB to get it up to the quality of performance of the BlackBerry devices... just my opinion.

Bob
    02-01-19 08:16 PM
    I have been using my PRIV the past couple of weeks sending emails. I spent 3 years hammering away on the PRIV's PKB and going back to it I realized the swiping of suggested words is absolutely fantastic in comparison to the KEY2.

The PRIV was a BlackBerry manufactured device and the KEY2 is a BlackBerry Mobile manufactured device... it appears that TCL/BBMo needs to do a little more work on their PKB to get it up to the quality of performance of the BlackBerry devices... just my opinion.

Bob
    I think they will get Bob. I really do! I wasn't as confident just a week ago but now I am.

They are aware and that's all we need them to be.

Also, please consider a full wipe. Let me know if you need help with that (back up / restore etc.).
    02-01-19 08:19 PM

Bob
    I can't agree more, hence stated it's not as par as the Passport design/hardware. PRIV was very close to the same quality and standards. The only issue with PRIV was bad CPU and unoptimised code. It might have improved but for me the boat already sailed by then.
    I'm quite happy with the overall performance and typing of Key² now. I hope I'm wrong and just how good the camera hardware is, the keyboard may also have capacity to improve from software side. I wish BlackBerry can address them.
    02-01-19 08:21 PM
    I can't agree more, hence stated it's not as par as the Passport design/hardware. PRIV was very close to the same quality and standards. The only issue with PRIV was bad CPU and unoptimised code. It might have improved but for me the boat already sailed by then.
    I'm quite happy with the overall performance and typing of Key² now. I hope I'm wrong and just how good the camera hardware is, the keyboard may also have capacity to improve from software side. I wish BlackBerry can address them.
    Yes, the PRIV had it's share of issues but the PKB wasn't one of them except for the size of the keys in comparison to the KEY2. I love the actual PKB on the KEY2 and the device is perfect for my needs.

I agree that BBMo will undoubtedly get this sensitivity issue resolved with the swiping. They clearly have acknowledged the issue and based on the recent update they have made an attempt to resolve the issue. Now they just need to do a little more work and get the issue totally resolved.

Bob
    02-01-19 08:27 PM

Also, please consider a full wipe. Let me know if you need help with that (back up / restore etc.).
    I have done a full wipe on previous BlackBerry devices and when I had my PRIV I think I did a full wipe 3 times... once a year... hahaha

I don't believe I'm at a point where doing a full wipe on my KEY2 is necessary as the only issue I'm having is the PKB sensitivity when swiping. It doesn't appear doing a full wipe has any affect with this issue... at least long term.

I appreciate your offer and if I do need any assistance I will reach out to you... 👍

Bob
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    02-01-19 09:13 PM
    I have done a full wipe on previous BlackBerry devices and when I had my PRIV I think I did a full wipe 3 times... once a year... hahaha

I don't believe I'm at a point where doing a full wipe on my KEY2 is necessary as the only issue I'm having is the PKB sensitivity when swiping. It doesn't appear doing a full wipe has any affect with this issue... at least long term.

I appreciate your offer and if I do need any assistance I will reach out to you...

Bob
    I've done two full wipes the autoloader. The swipe up was crap both times. So don't bother.
    02-02-19 02:19 PM
    I've done two full wipes the autoloader. The swipe up was crap both times. So don't bother.
    That is what I understand from those of you that have done this. My KEY2 performs fantastic except for this swiping issue so I see no need to go through that tedious task. I dreaded doing that on my PRIV but it was out of necessity unfortunately.

Hopefully BBMo will get this issue fully resolved soon.

Bob
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-02-19 03:21 PM
    I don't think the hardware/design is as good as Passport when it comes to swiping up.
    Couldn't agree more!
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-02-19 04:38 PM
    This is my report back to Tech support.
    I'll post their response when I receive it.
    Jake2826 and Bob80220 like this.
    02-02-19 07:50 PM
    I have also sent BlackBerry Technical Support a similar email regarding the swiping issue after the update this week but have yet to get a response. Hopefully I will hear something by Monday. If not I will be placing a call...

Bob
    02-02-19 08:32 PM
    This is my report back to Tech support.
    I'll post their response when I receive it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bae9300499.jpg
    I received the reply from Support.
    So no need for a new case #, just bug reports.
    02-04-19 11:06 AM
    I also received a response from BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support this morning but unfortunately my case was closed so I had to open a new one. I just did that before I headed out and about.

I see Cinthya was the representative who replied to your email... I had been working with her previously.

Ever onward... 👍

Bob
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-04-19 11:33 AM
    Received this response from BBMo. We shall see. Physical Keyboard use randomly activates Pointer/Cursor Mode issue.-1379187332.jpeg
    Bob80220 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-04-19 01:08 PM
    I see now the number of reads to this thread is 39K+ which is up from last week when it was 37K+. There obviously is a lot of interest in this thread as it seems to indicate a substantial amount of KEY2 owners are affected with the PKB issue.

Despite there only being a small number posting about this issue that is not unusual. Typically people come here to read about an issue and depend on the lead group to carry the load...hahaha In any event, hopefully additional KEY2 owners, other than the Mighty Ten, have opened up a case with BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support regarding the PKB issue.

Bob
    Smokeaire and anon(10387168) like this.
    02-04-19 02:25 PM
    I see now the number of reads to this thread is 39K+ which is up from last week when it was 37K+. There obviously is a lot of interest in this thread as it seems to indicate a substantial amount of KEY2 owners are affected with the PKB issue.

Despite there only being a small number posting about this issue that is not unusual. Typically people come here to read about an issue and depend on the lead group to carry the load...hahaha In any event, hopefully additional KEY2 owners, other than the Mighty Ten, have opened up a case with BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support regarding the PKB issue.

Bob
    Such a heavy burden the Mighty Ten shoulders.
    02-04-19 02:29 PM
    Such a heavy burden the Mighty Ten shoulders.
    Well, at least we can take some solice in the fact that the BBMo response did mention Tier3 working on a fix "Once and for all". That in itself is telling. Cheers,
    Jake2826 and Smokeaire like this.
    02-04-19 03:29 PM
2,521 ... 4344454647 ...