Makes sense to me.
    Yes, I agree.

Bob
    01-31-19 08:01 AM
    If this is the case, then those of us who are still experiencing issues with the PKB after this recent update should open up a new case ticket with BlackBerry Custome Support. As in my case, and others it appears, who are still experiencing issues with the sensitivity issue and inconsistency with swiping suggested words.

Bob
    That's what I'm going to do. BBMO support is contacting me on Saturday about the pointer mode issue improvement and I will bring the swipe-up word replacement issue up with them.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    01-31-19 08:04 AM
    I got the update too. Will report back after testing this for a little bit.
    So far I haven't seen the cursor and have also experienced much better swipe up (almost perfect IMO).
    My device is still on ABL911 no update in sight. Is there a possibility that because I installed the device in Dutch the updates are running behind?

The device is also Azerty (Belgium uses this keyboard layout)
    01-31-19 08:12 AM
    That's what I'm going to do. BBMO support is contacting me on Saturday about the pointer mode issue improvement and I will bring the swipe-up word replacement issue up with them.
    I will open a new case ticket later today regarding the swiping issue I'm still experiencing after the update when I have the time. I encourage others here in this thread from the "Mighty Ten" to do the same... hahaha

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-31-19 08:18 AM
    Yes, a "good number" (10?) of people are on CB (the top/only BBMo site in the world) discussing issues with the keyboard.

That still doesn't qualify as any type of statistical analysis, nor does it automatically lead to the conclusion that there is a major product-wide engineering issue.
    I would like to mention that the post count in this thread is in excess of 1K and the read count is more than 37K. That in itself seems to be an indicator that a number of KEY2 owners are following this thread.

Just because there is a small core group here on CB posting about the PKB, that in my opinion, doesn't mean there is only a small number of KEY2 owners that are affected with this issue. I'm on a number of other Forums, not related to BlackBerry, and there are a significant number of people who "lurk" and not post. They are there solely to get information... no doubt like the 37K reads in this thread undoubtedly by people who are seeking information about their PKB issue.

Just my thoughts... ๐Ÿ˜

Bob
    RK_BB and Smokeaire like this.
    01-31-19 08:44 AM
    My device is still on ABL911 no update in sight. Is there a possibility that because I installed the device in Dutch the updates are running behind?

The device is also Azerty (Belgium uses this keyboard layout)
    This isn't the thread for that.
    01-31-19 09:09 AM
    I will open a new case ticket later today regarding the swiping issue I'm still experiencing after the update when I have the time. I encourage others here in this thread from the "Mighty Ten" to do the same... hahaha

Bob
    If you can submit a bug report as well.
    01-31-19 09:10 AM
    Here are screen shots of what is showing for BlackBerry Keyboard in "Apps and Notifications" and the Google Play Store.

Bob
    I can't even get to this page but it's probably because I did a full wipe.

If I lookup "BlackBerry Keyboard" on Play Store I find the app but I don't have access to the details page that shows the version number.

It is quite possible that this is their public version for devices other than K2 for which an updated version shipped together with an OS update, tuned specifically to address the issues discussed in this thread.
    Wrec and anon(10387168) like this.
    01-31-19 09:16 AM
    I would like to mention that the post count in this thread is in excess of 1K and the read count is more than 37K. That in itself seems to be an indicator that a number of KEY2 owners are following this thread.

Just because there is a small core group here on CB posting about the PKB, that in my opinion, doesn't mean there is only a small number of KEY2 owners that are affected with this issue. I'm on a number of other Forums, not related to BlackBerry, and there are a significant number of people who "lurk" and not post. They are there solely to get information... no doubt like the 37K reads in this thread undoubtedly by people who are seeking information about their PKB issue.

Just my thoughts...

Bob
    On point!
    01-31-19 09:19 AM
    I can't even get to this page but it's probably because I did a full wipe.

If I lookup "BlackBerry Keyboard" on Play Store I find the app but I don't have access to the details page that shows the version number.

It is quite possible that this is their public version for devices other than K2 for which an updated version shipped together with an OS update, tuned specifically to address the issues discussed in this thread.
    OS app versions often outstrip the currently available versions. Don't read anything into this.
    01-31-19 09:32 AM
    This isn't the thread for that.
    I meant to say I also experience this behaviour.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-31-19 09:48 AM
    If you can submit a bug report as well.
    Will do...

Bob
    01-31-19 09:56 AM
    I contacted BlackBerry Technical Support and I am waiting for their reply. I will update once I hear back from them with regard to the PKB sensitivity issue that I continue to have, as well as others, even after the recent update.

I encourage others on here to either follow up with their open cases, or if you haven't opened a case regarding the PKB issue, please contact BlackBerry Customer Support, open a case, and let them know you are affected with this issue.

I am fairly confident there are more than 10 of us KEY2 owners that suffer from this PKB issue. Based over 37K people checking out this thread other KEY2 owners would appear to be having a PKB issue.

If we want change/resolution with this issue we have to speak up... there is strength in numbers!!!

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-31-19 at 11:26 AM.
    Smokeaire and RK_BB like this.
    01-31-19 11:15 AM
    I have no position or standing with BBMo, and have absolutely no obligation toward the brand. My opinions are my own.

I'm sure hundreds of people have keyboard complaints, but only around 10 are overtly discussing it here. The fact remains that this does not qualify as reliable metrics.

You may recall the screen lift problems on the initial batch of a few thousand KEYแต’โฟแต‰s - and that literally blew this forum up for months. We are seeing nothing like that with this issue.

In any event, fixing bugs is what developers do. You may remember the MUCH more prevalent issue of double typing on the Q10 and Passport that was improved with a software algorithm.

Having the keyboard app reside in system space instead of user space is completely irrelevant. It's just a matter of expediency in packaging.
    Funny enough, I never had that double typing issue on the Passport, but I do have PKB issues on the KEY2.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    01-31-19 12:05 PM
    Funny enough, I never had that double typing issue on the Passport, but I do have PKB issues on the KEY2.
    I didn't experience the double typing issue on my Q10 either.

Bob
    01-31-19 12:07 PM
    It's so disappointing. Typing experience is actually better on KEYone and Priv.
    I agree with you, I got a refund for my Key2 and recently picked up a KEYone limited BE this time. And I'm so much more happier only thing I might have to switch carriers cause I got used to wifi calling with my 6T and from what I understand only t-mobile offers it for the KEYone.
    01-31-19 02:36 PM
    I didn't experience the double typing issue on my Q10 either.

Bob
    Oh Q10 was the one that brought me back to bb. My unit was affected by that software problem phone became unusable. I forgot what bb10 phone I switched to but once they sent out the fix the phone was working just fine. Wish they could have done that with the Key2. But anyhow I'm happy with the KEYone BE just need to get my wifi calling/text back from
    01-31-19 03:36 PM
    Oh Q10 was the one that brought me back to bb. My unit was affected by that software problem phone became unusable. I forgot what bb10 phone I switched to but once they sent out the fix the phone was working just fine. Wish they could have done that with the Key2. But anyhow I'm happy with the KEYone BE just need to get my wifi calling/text back from
    I am well aware a number of Q10's were affected by the double typing issue until a fix was released. I have no idea why, but my Q10 didn't suffer from that.

I loved my Q10... it was a fantastic typing experience. I only wish my KEY2 didn't have the PKB sensitivity issue... ๐Ÿ˜“

I am hopeful BBMo will get this issue fully resolved in the not too distant future.

Bob
    01-31-19 03:41 PM
    I am well aware a number of Q10's were affected by the double typing issue until a fix was released. I have no idea why, but my Q10 didn't suffer from that.

I loved my Q10... it was a fantastic typing experience. I only wish my KEY2 didn't have the PKB sensitivity issue...

I am hopeful BBMo will get this issue fully resolved in the not too distant future.

Bob
    If it's a software issue like it was on the Q10 wouldn't it fall on bb to put out the fix since they are the ones that provide the software? Or am I going the wrong direction with this thought?
    01-31-19 03:44 PM
    If it's a software issue like it was on the Q10 wouldn't it fall on bb to put out the fix since they are the ones that provide the software? Or am I going the wrong direction with this thought?
    In a perfect world yes... Unfortunately we are dealing with BlackBerry Mobile with the Key series and not the BlackBerry of yesteryear.

Hopefully BBMo will work on getting the PKB issue sorted out. It appears they made an attempt with this current update but it doesn't appear to have resolved the PKB sensitivity issue. In my case it hasn't... ๐Ÿ˜“

Oh well... if at first you don't succeed... try, try, again... ๐Ÿ˜

Bob
    01-31-19 03:49 PM
    In a perfect world yes... Unfortunately we are dealing with BlackBerry Mobile with the Key series and the BlackBerry of yesteryear.

Hopefully BBMo will work on getting the PKB issue sorted out. It appears they made an attempt with this current update but it doesn't appear to have resolved the PKB sensitivity issue.

Oh well... if at first you don't succeed... try, try, again...

Bob
    Yeah or take it back a notch. Sort of like what they did with the Le, and what I did going back to the KEYone this time the limited black edition. I'm just happy that I can swipe and type without out the sensitivity of the the Key2.
    01-31-19 03:52 PM
    The Q10 and Passport double typing issue wasn't really software, but a software algorithm was invented to compensate for it. It did leave us with the opposite problem at times - not being able to type double letters quickly on purpose.
    anon(10387168) and Jake2826 like this.
    01-31-19 04:14 PM
    The Q10 and Passport double typing issue wasn't really software, but a software algorithm was invented to compensate for it. It did leave us with the opposite problem at times - not being able to type double letters quickly on purpose.
    It feels like it's the same issue with the K2 though since it's not global it is much more difficult to address.
    01-31-19 04:18 PM
    Whatever the issue is that's causing the PKB sensitivity issue it seems evident BBMo is well aware of the issue. With that being said, it would be in our best interest to report this to BBMo, yet again, after this recent update.

If BBMo wishes to have continued success, or any success, they need to address this issue and get it fully resolved. My only hope is BBMo has a technical staff that is equipped to deal with this known and well documented PKB issue.

So boys and girls... rather than hanging out here discussing the issue and complaining about it with each other... open up a case with BlackBerry Mobile!!!

Edit: Power to the people!!!

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-31-19 at 04:35 PM.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-31-19 04:25 PM
    My case never closed. Have informed Rep that the swipe up issues still exist. I have emailed them and now awaiting a response (usually your run of the mill corporate minutia), but will insist! By the way, the swipe up seems worse today than yesterday. Is this the case with you also Bob?
    The other issues seem to be holding much better and can be celebrated as somewhat of a small victory, but the War is by no means over! Some here may see our tenacity as belligerent and minimalistic, but the fact is, if we don't show some teeth, then nothing will happen and a great Iconic Brand may falter! Cheers,
    01-31-19 04:43 PM
2,521 ... 4243444546 ...