Deleted
    01-29-19 11:55 AM
    This is the keyboard thread.
    Yes, I know, I asked you a question on both, but thought discussion was more relevant here. So, was your keyboard swipe very sensitive before or not really? Thanks,
    01-29-19 11:58 AM
    /blackberry-key2-f472/abo927-january-patch-key2-autoloader-all-except-china-indonesia-etc-1162660-post13341352/

Thats a bit troublesome. My swipe up has always been way to sensitive, how was yours before? Also, perhaps we should discuss this back in the keyboard thread. I'll post there so we don't clutter this one. Cheers,
    The swipe up was fairly unresponsive and took multiple swipes to get the word replaced.
    01-29-19 11:59 AM
    Ah, OK. Mine is the opposite. Let's see what the update does for over sensitive swiping. Once I receive the OTA, will report back. Fingers crossed.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-29-19 12:01 PM
    @RK_BB how was your swipe up gestures? Sensitive, very sensitive or partially non responsive? Seems we have PKB's that perform swipe tasks very differently, could be problematic, we shall see.
    01-29-19 12:06 PM
    @RK_BB how was your swipe up gestures? Sensitive, very sensitive or partially non responsive? Seems we have PKB's that perform swipe tasks very differently, could be problematic, we shall see.
    Mine was more unresponsive than sensitive but for the sake of good order, we seem to be covering two related though separate issues here, one that is (was!) exclusive to the K2 and one that isn't (wasn't!):

1. Cursor Mode - exclusive to the K2
    2. Swipe Up - existed since the K1 and transfered to the K2

As far as I am concerned both issues were addressed with this build but I am not sure they are derived from the same root cause given one of them is exclusive to the K2.

If we are talking in "bottom line" terms, all I can say is it that this device now feels as I expected it to when I purchased it and I cannot wait for you guys to receive it, test it and hopefully report the same experience I have been since this weekend.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-29-19 12:14 PM
    Interesting, my swipe up gestures sensitivity were only a minor annoyance on my K1 SE. On my K2, they are on steroids since launch! Hoping this update tames it a bit.
    01-29-19 12:39 PM
    Mine was more unresponsive than sensitive but for the sake of good order, we seem to be covering two related though separate issues here, one that is (was!) exclusive to the K2 and one that isn't (wasn't!):

1. Cursor Mode - exclusive to the K2
    2. Swipe Up - existed since the K1 and transfered to the K2

As far as I am concerned both issues were addressed with this build but I am not sure they are derived from the same root cause given one of them is exclusive to the K2.

If we are talking in "bottom line" terms, all I can say is it that this device now feels as I expected it to when I purchased it and I cannot wait for you guys to receive it, test it and hopefully report the same experience I have been since this weekend.
    I included both issues in my reports to support. So both may or may not be related but was fixed in one fell swoop (maybe).
    01-29-19 01:21 PM
    Updated to ABO927 just now. The patch also updated the keyboard app.

An oddity.... I had to reenter my home router password.

So far so good on the cursor mode and symbol screen issues. As always time will tell.
    01-30-19 03:14 AM
    I got the update too. Will report back after testing this for a little bit.
    So far I haven't seen the cursor and have also experienced much better swipe up (almost perfect IMO).
    01-30-19 03:17 AM
    Received the update OTA this morning on my PRD-003... still enjoying my morning coffee so I haven't had a chance to see what changes are, if any, with the swiping issue.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Physical Keyboard use randomly activates Pointer/Cursor Mode issue.-26196.jpg  
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-30-19 07:28 AM
    I am not able to conclusively confirm the swiping issue is improved although it does appear to be somewhat improved. I need to do more typing today sending emails and texts to be sure. Typing this message the swiping appears to be improved but I want to make sure it's not wishful thinking... 😁

One thing I did notice not related to the PKB is the WiFi connectivity. I can turn my WiFi off and on and it reconnects without getting "saved" or "no connectivity" and not having to reboot to connect.

Time will tell...

Bob
    01-30-19 09:24 AM
    OMG!!! Just got the update!!! The keyboard is officially tamed! Sent a couple of gmail's and it was a pleasure! The errors were pilot errors. Now I just need to adjust my typing style a bit and this is now a true BlackBerry experience!!!

As stated, time will tell, but this is the most promising fix thus far. Well done BlackBerry!
    RK_BB likes this.
    01-30-19 11:45 AM
    But how can it be improved? I thought @conite mentioned that BlackBerry Keyboard is not part of the system...
    01-30-19 12:07 PM
    all I want is the swipe for scrolling up and down a page but not the keyboard daftness. I've essentially switched it off. useless feature.
    01-30-19 12:49 PM
    But how can it be improved? I thought @conite mentioned that BlackBerry Keyboard is not part of the system...
    A new version of the app was included in the update.

There may also be keyboard hardware drivers in the OS that can be tweaked.
    01-30-19 12:56 PM
    A new version of the app was included in the update.

There may also be keyboard hardware drivers in the OS that can be tweaked.
    Definitely something major has changed! BlackBerry Keyboard no longer appears in "Apps and Notifications" as it did before, believe you mentioned it is now a system App, that in itself is a change. Regardless, the typing experience is again a BlackBerry joy to type on. 7 month wait and thus far all is good.
    RK_BB likes this.
    01-30-19 01:59 PM
    Told ya all, told ya.
    anon(10387168) and TheBond like this.
    01-30-19 02:01 PM
    @TheBond, how is your word swipe? Mine is much less sensitive, but still occurs. Might be my typing style now?!?
    01-30-19 03:18 PM
    @TheBond, how is your word swipe? Mine is much less sensitive, but still occurs. Might be my typing style now?!?
    I was wondering the same but it seems 007 went under. Perhaps he is training at MI16.
    01-30-19 03:29 PM
    I was wondering the same but it seems 007 went under. Perhaps he is training at MI16.
    Hahaha! Must be old chap!
    01-30-19 03:30 PM
    It's still far from perfect but this has been the best so far. In fact it's better than KEYone. Perhaps it's also how you swipe up. As for the typing style, I swipe up using right thumb mostly from B,H,Y keys (when selecting the middle prediction). I have also noticed the speed at you swipe up also plays part.
    01-30-19 03:44 PM
    Haha. Some things are to be kept secret. Can't comment further or else your beloved + working Key² will have to be taken away.
    My typing has improved a lot. Now I can't say the cursor mode didn't pop-up as I saw it a couple of times but that could be due to false double taps. I need to test it further. The swipe up has improved but still not perfect.
    Overall, this is how the phone should have been at release time. It's sad it took them 9 months (you can deliver a human in that time) but then again, at least they did do something about it. I hope this is the end of the issue for good.
    Last edited by TheBond; 01-30-19 at 04:23 PM.
    01-30-19 03:51 PM
    Coming from a Passport I did not like the swipe up functionality of the Key2. I did not work properly and I stopped using it. However, I did report this issue at Blackberry through the support app. They did respond with some suggestions that were not working for me but they asked me to make video of me typing on the Key2 and using the swype up functionality.

They responded and suggested the following: Settings-> Apps -> Blackberry Keyboard -> Clear data.

So I did and I am now using it for a few days and it looks now to be working properly. I enjoy the swype up functionality.

Key2 - ABL911
    01-30-19 04:02 PM
    I haven't had a lot of time today to hammer out emails and texts but this is what I'm currently experiencing after the update. The swiping/flicking of words seems better but I'm not totally convinced or if I'm simply hoping it is. It still is not as smooth and consistent/accurate as my PRIV or former BlackBerry devices that I do know. I need more time on the PKB to really know but the PKB when swiping/flicking is still far from acceptable. At least for me... I'm a one thumber and I still find the PKB overly sensitive and thumb position is very critical to swipe/flick the word I want to insert.

Yes, the BlackBerry Keyboard app does not appear in the "Apps and Notifications" but it does still show in Google Play. I'm showing the December 6 Beta version 3.4.1.16282 installed.

As I mentioned previously not related to the PKB I am not experiencing the WiFi connection issue so that appears to be resolved.

As I am typing this post I'm still experiencing the PKB sensitivity and inconsistency in selecting words to swipe/flick... 😓

Bob
    anon(10387168) and Vistaus like this.
    01-30-19 04:20 PM
2,521 ... 4041424344 ...