So swipe up and other issues mentioned in OP are fixed?
    For me, yes!

Congratulations on having published post # 1000!
    01-27-19 09:26 AM
    For me, yes!

Congratulations on having published post # 1000!
    Great news! I'm talking about fixes but not about my 1000th post!!

Anyways thanks for your congrats
    01-27-19 09:28 AM
    So far so good ladies and germs! We look as stable as it gets.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    01-27-19 08:55 PM
    So far so good ladies and germs! We look as stable as it gets.
    Good to hear... hopefully this update will get pushed OTA soon.

Bob
    01-27-19 09:32 PM
    Very encouraging news! Excitement continues to build! Now we just need the OTA to test drive.
    01-28-19 12:35 AM
    Full wipe and install. Testing to start.
    01-28-19 07:22 AM
    Full wipe and install. Testing to start.
    First observation: Swipe up isn't any better than before.
    01-28-19 09:22 AM
    Placebo effect for rk_bb ?
    01-28-19 09:37 AM
    No way. Trust me, I was so annoyed with this that I would immediately notice the slightest improvement.

It's a different world for me.
    01-28-19 10:03 AM
    How about cursor mode?
    01-28-19 10:04 AM
    How about cursor mode?
    I haven't typed enough to make an observation or declaration one way or another.
    Swipe up is as frustrating as before. That I'm positive about.
    01-28-19 10:13 AM
    I haven't typed enough to make an observation or declaration one way or another.
    Swipe up is as frustrating as before. That I'm positive about.
    In all your typing insofar, did cursor mode show it's ugly face?
    01-28-19 10:14 AM
    In all your typing insofar, did cursor mode show it's ugly face?
    Keep in mind my issues with cursor mode was significantly improved after the last update. So it will be awhile before I type enough for it to have a chance to show any noticeable improvement.
    Like I wrote earlier I have my doubts that this is the major rewrite of the pkb app that is rumored. It just may be in preparation of.
    01-28-19 10:30 AM
    Keep in mind my issues with cursor mode was significantly improved after the last update. So it will be awhile before I type enough for it to have a chance to show any noticeable improvement.
    Like I wrote earlier I have my doubts that this is the major rewrite of the pkb app that is rumored. It just may be in preparation of.
    I never said it was the rewrite we discussed here earlier. It certainly can be in preparation for that but yes, I forgot that you were on Dec while I never received it.
    01-28-19 10:34 AM
    I never said it was the rewrite we discussed here earlier. It certainly can be in preparation for that but yes, I forgot that you were on Dec while I never received it.
    That might be it then. Since you didn't receive the December update, where most of us saw some improvements, it might seem to be fixed for you.
    The wipe also plays a part. Wait for a week and see all is still as solid as you have noticed after wipe. I'm a month into after my wipe and the cursor mode kicks in every now and then. Hopefully yours never comes up.
    01-28-19 04:14 PM
    Hopefully yours never comes up.
    It won't. He is dead
    01-28-19 04:16 PM
    It won't. He is dead
    I've heard there's a blue pill for that.
    01-28-19 04:48 PM
    I've heard there's a blue pill for that.
    You know what? You and @TheBond are party poopers! Booya.
    TheBond likes this.
    01-28-19 04:50 PM
    Smokeaire actually experienced a better keyboard fix after the previous update than some of us. Perhaps, different units are just that, differently affected. @babugaru1, you have not clearly stated if you are effected by this bug at all, are you? If not, that would explain some of your comments. Cheers,
    01-28-19 05:10 PM
    Ladies and germs, it looks like I made a complete fool of myself by stating that the keyboard app was integrated into the OS.

It looks like it became a "system app" , whatever that means.

In order to see it on the list you need to enable "show system" which is accessible by tapping the overflow menu of this screen:

Settings / Apps & notifications then scroll down and tap "see all app".

So the app is there, not part of the OS like I said but the bottom line is that it's fixed, at least as far as I can tell insofar.
    @conite thank you for the pointer!
    01-29-19 12:20 AM
    Ladies and germs, it looks like I made a complete fool of myself by stating that the keyboard app was integrated into the OS.

In order to see it on the list you need to enable "show system" which is accessible by tapping the overflow menu of this screen:

So the app is there, not part of the OS like I said but the bottom line is that it's fixed, at least as far as I can tell insofar.
    Well then, based on your authoritative global declaration that this issue has been positively solved/fixed I should have this thread closed.
    01-29-19 04:38 AM

Keyboard "app" isn't showing in my "All Apps" list.
    BTW: I did a second wipe/install this morning to make sure all old files are cleared. I'll see if this improves swip-up.
    01-29-19 09:54 AM
    Keyboard "app" isn't showing in my "All Apps" list.
    BTW: I did a second wipe/install this morning to make sure all old files are cleared. I'll see if this improves swip-up.
    Select "show system".
    01-29-19 10:11 AM
    Select "show system".
    I missed that. Thanks.
    I don't suppose there is anyway to restore data to it from drive backup after the fact. On my second wipe/install this morning I didn't want to restore the backup to be able to give it a full clean test. Sometime in the future I would like to restore the word substitutions I had built up. I have a feeling I may have to do another wipe/install to do that.
    01-29-19 10:35 AM
    /blackberry-key2-f472/abo927-january-patch-key2-autoloader-all-except-china-indonesia-etc-1162660-post13341352/

Originally Posted by Smokeaire<br />
    Sorry to say that I see that swipe up word replacement is still problematic.
    Thats a bit troublesome. My swipe up has always been way to sensitive, how was yours before? Also, perhaps we should discuss this back in the keyboard thread. I'll post there so we don't clutter this one. Cheers,
    01-29-19 11:47 AM
2,521 ... 3940414243 ...