Ladies and germs! I think that bug is resolved!!

The keyboard app is no longer independent as it doesn't show in the app list.

It looks like it's part of the OS now and thereby most likely "hardened", as if it was coded into the OS in order for it not to behave as an independent app that is subject to Android RAM and battery management and what not.

Swipe up predicted words is significantly better.

That being said, as @Smokeaire said, we tend to rush positive input post updates only to end up with disappointments later on as use continues.

FWIW I run a full device wipe using the posted autoloader.

So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    anon(10387168) and Bob80220 like this.
    01-26-19 09:07 PM
    Getting very excited, again! This would be in line with the timeline described in this thread. Bring it on OTA! Cheers,
    01-26-19 09:13 PM
    I did a complete wipe and it looks like the keyboard app is now part of the OS as it doesn't appear as an app.

Since you did a "nowipe" perhaps you want to check if you can uninstall your keyboard app.
    I don't believe the pkb was ever listed in the phones app list. It was in Play Store installed app list that I was referring to.
    To verify this what we need is for those here who haven't installed the update to check their phones app list. Is the pkb app listed in their phones app list or not.
    I also suggest you go into Play Store and see if the keyboard app is listed and what version it is.
    01-27-19 04:53 AM
    I don't believe the pkb was ever listed in the phones app list. It was in Play Store installed app list that I was referring to.
    To verify this what we need is for those here who haven't installed the update to check their phones app list. Is the pkb app listed in their phones app list or not.
    I also suggest you go into Play Store and see if the keyboard app is listed and what version it is.
    I asked him and he mentioned that he don't see it at all.
    This is the keyboard app we all have https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...berry.keyboard
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-27-19 05:10 AM
    I asked him and he mentioned that he don't see it at all.
    This is the keyboard app we all have https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...berry.keyboard
    He doesn't see it in the Play Store? Is that what you mean?
    Also the link you provided just brings me to my Play Store were it shows my Beta version of the keyboard. You need to list your version #.
    01-27-19 05:23 AM
    He doesn't see it in the Play Store? Is that what you mean?
    Also the link you provided just brings me to my Play Store were it shows my Beta version of the keyboard. You need to list your version #.
    It's in playstore but accessible only via the link @TheBond published above and it gives no options to install / uninstall.

If I go to Play Store to look it up I can't find it.
    01-27-19 08:26 AM
    01-27-19 08:26 AM
    01-27-19 08:27 AM
    It's in playstore but accessible only via the link @TheBond published above and it gives no options to install / uninstall.

If I go to Play Store to look it up I can't find it.
    Unlike you I can see it going into my Play Store, not using the link above.
    Like you I see that I can't uninstall the Beta version I'm running. Interesting.
    Only time will tell if there is any major improvements.
    01-27-19 08:47 AM
    Unlike you I can see it going into my Play Store, not using the link above.
    Like you I see that I can't uninstall the Beta version I'm running. Interesting.
    Only time will tell if there is any major improvements.
    See if you can find the app in your app list of the settings menu (not app drawer).

If it's there, see if it gives you an option to uninstall it. If it does then go ahead and uninstall it as I suspect the version you have is not affecting your device now given the keyboard app and settings menu selection is part of the OS, at least on my side.
    01-27-19 08:52 AM
    See if you can find the app in your app list of the settings menu (not app drawer).

If it's there, see if it gives you an option to uninstall it. If it does then go ahead and uninstall it as I suspect the version you have is not affecting your device now given the keyboard app and settings menu selection is part of the OS, at least on my side.
    It's not in my list.
    01-27-19 08:55 AM
    It's not in my list.
    As I pointed out the keyboard app version didn't change from the Beta version that was already installed.
    In this case how can you see the keyboard version?
    01-27-19 08:56 AM
    Just open settings and type blackberry keyboard, you will get the app info from where you can disable thatt but you can't uninstall that as it was installed as a system app. I already did this and im not using bb keyboard
    01-27-19 08:59 AM
    Just open settings and type blackberry keyboard, you will get the app info from where you can disable thatt but you can't uninstall that as it was installed as a system app. I already did this and im not using bb keyboard
    I see! So for users that didn't run a complete wipe disabling the app is the only option and therefore the test would be to see if the app re-enable itself as you start using the keyboard.

If it stays disabled we proved the point.
    01-27-19 09:02 AM
    I see! So for users that didn't run a complete wipe disabling the app is the only option and therefore the test would be to see if the app re-enable itself as you start using the keyboard.

I didn't read all of your messages but didn't understand what test you are performing.

But just wanted to update you that it had never got re-enabled since I disabled the keyboard
    01-27-19 09:06 AM
    But just wanted to update you that it had never got re-enabled since I disabled the keyboard
    THIS!
    01-27-19 09:07 AM
    THIS!
    Okay, so what can we learn from your tests and what is the conclusion
    01-27-19 09:09 AM
    Okay, so what can we learn from your tests and what is the conclusion
    Post # 976 is my conclusion insofar.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-27-19 09:11 AM
    In this case how can you see the keyboard version?
    The post you quoted is no longer relevant (crap....swipe up just was awful). I actually uninstalled the Beta app, left Beta, rejoined Beta, and now I I can't uninstall the app and it doesn't show up in my app list.
    Of course this doesn't prove this is the major pkb app overhaul. It might be in preparation for it.
    I can now report that swipe up is its crappy self and hovering over the keyboard activates pointer mode. So no major improvements.
    01-27-19 09:13 AM
    The post you quoted is no longer relevant (crap....swipe up just was awful). I actually uninstalled the Beta app, left Beta, rejoined Beta, and now I I can't uninstall the app and it doesn't show up in my app list.
    Of course this doesn't prove this is the major pkb app overhaul. It might be in preparation for it.
    I can now report that swipe up is its crappy self and hovering over the keyboard activates pointer mode. So no major improvements.
    I strongly advise you consider a full wipe.
    01-27-19 09:14 AM
    Post # 976 is my conclusion insofar.
    Okay then we can't disable this and we are forced to used bb keyboard going forward.
    Good or bad, don't know but hoping for the best.

Any issues so far as you said in that post something like we will start with positive and will end up with negative about any updates
    01-27-19 09:16 AM

Unable to disable keyboard. The choice is grayed out.
    01-27-19 09:17 AM
    Any issues so far as you said in that post something like we will start with positive and will end up with negative about any updates
    Well that's usually what end up happening a while after an update is installed. It works well and then starts cropping up...so far I am good though so let's hope this build is stable.
    01-27-19 09:18 AM
    Unable to disable keyboard. The choice is grayed out.
    Then I guess they blocked access to the app altogether.

I really think you will see a different experience if you will do a full wipe.
    01-27-19 09:20 AM
    Well that's usually what end up happening a while after an update is installed. It works well and then starts cropping up...so far I am good though so let's hope this build is stable.
    So swipe up and other issues mentioned in OP are fixed?
    01-27-19 09:24 AM
2,521 ... 3839404142 ...