But when it happens, it's a big nuisance.
    Word!
    09-11-18 09:40 PM
    My issue isn't with Space bar as the OP but it's while typing. I thinks too sensitive and can be fixed with a software tweak.

Like some above, it also happens with swipe up getting triggered.
    Even though the title of the thread seems to indicate the issue occurs with only the space bar it also happens during typing as well. The space bar is where I tend to rest my thumb and that will cause pointer mode to flicker off and on.
    When I first reported it several months ago BBMo"s response was that they thought it was a software issue and a fix is in the works. That was several keyboard software updates ago.
    Now that I'm back on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ I'm not having that issue even though it is running the same kb beta software as my Key². Of course the KEYᵒⁿᵉ pkb is different than the Key² , a lot firmer and requires more pressure to press the keys. Those characteristics may be why my KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't have that problem.
    It will be interesting to see if the keyboard replacement of my Key² fixes the issue or not.
    09-12-18 03:40 AM
    Tomorrow is going to be the 4th day after I opened my exchange ticket and it wasn't even attended (exchange order status can be checked online) nor did I receive any update email so far so I called in to press the issue and it looks like the ticket is now being escalated....OK but why? I also received a survey but what kind of feedback is expected if the ticket is clearly still open?

What did happen swiftly after the ticket was opened is a credit card charge....
    09-13-18 07:03 PM
    Tomorrow is going to be the 4th day after I opened my exchange ticket and it wasn't even attended (exchange order status can be checked online) nor did I receive any update email so far so I called in to press the issue and it looks like the ticket is now being escalated....OK but why? I also received a survey but what kind of feedback is expected if the ticket is clearly still open?

What did happen swiftly after the ticket was opened is a credit card charge....
    Yesterday I received the survey. My phone hasn't even arrived at the center yet. This is my response:
    "My phone hasn't been repaired yet so I have no way of knowing if the problem has been resolved. I'll take the survey when my Key² has been returned to me repaired and without issue."
    09-14-18 03:36 AM
    I guess I should wait for the software fix, because I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Perhaps when you receive yours, you can tell us whether your build# etc has changed or not.
    Will they do a fix it affects a "small number" of devices though?
    09-14-18 07:41 AM
    I do find it interesting that @LiamQ hasn't responded (especially since I sent LiamQ a pm about the problem) nor have the others such as Conite, Thurask, and even Bla1ze. Maybe because there isn't any defense for such a defect in such a highly touted phone.
    What else would they say?

"I've used and typed on dozens of KEY2's and have friends that have KEY2's and have never encountered this issue or heard about it, if you're having a problem, then just exchange/return/warranty it".

That's their take on the KEYone screenlift, why would this be any different lol

Waiting for this time next year to see how large this thread will grow - probably not to the same extent as the BB10 double type and KEYone screen lift classics cuz there aren't that many people buying and using Blackberry's as the years go by....
    09-14-18 07:46 AM

"I've used and typed on dozens of KEY2's and have friends that have KEY2's and have never encountered this issue or heard about it, if you're having a problem, then just exchange/return/warranty it".

Waiting for this time next year to see how large this thread will grow - probably not to the same extent as the BB10 double type and KEYone screen lift classics cuz there aren't that many people buying and using Blackberry's as the years go by....
    I haven't typed on a dozen but have bought two and both have the issue. Although I'm not too frustrated about it but it does happen.

Perhaps it's the style of typing that causes it
    09-14-18 07:57 AM

If you're not having this issue why are you even reading this thread let alone posting?
    09-14-18 07:58 AM
    If you're not having this issue why are you even reading this thread let alone posting?

You said it yourself here: "Maybe because there isn't any defense for such a defect in such a highly touted phone".

Long time BB user waiting to get back in - why wouldn't one be paying attention to possible systemic issues?

Also I think you misread my post...let me clarify for you.

What would Thurask, Conite, and Blaze say? Probably this: "I've used and typed on dozens of KEY2's...."
    09-14-18 08:10 AM
    I haven't typed on a dozen but have bought two and both have the issue. Although I'm not too frustrated about it but it does happen.

Perhaps it's the style of typing that causes it
    There shouldn't be a need to use a certain type of style when typing lol

Not acceptable for the price and also the fact the PKB is the main reason for the device
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-14-18 08:14 AM

Not acceptable for the price and also the fact the PKB is the main reason for the device
    Well looking at prices of current flagship phones, this one now seems pretty reasonable IMO

On a separate note, today was one busy work day and the phone worked wonders for me when I was away from the computer. I felt a little frustrated when was on Note 8.
    09-14-18 08:20 AM
    You said it yourself here: "Maybe because there isn't any defense for such a defect in such a highly touted phone".

Long time BB user waiting to get back in - why wouldn't one be paying attention to possible systemic issues?

Also I think you misread my post...let me clarify for you.

What would Thurask, Conite, and Blaze say? Probably this: "I've used and typed on dozens of KEY2's...."
    I assume they can speak for themselves if they have something productive or insightful to contribute.
    09-14-18 08:23 AM

Not to blindly defend the brand but the style of typing can affect functionality, for example a member here mentions how he types on a PKB by sliding his fingers across the keys instead of lifting them up, resulting in accidental swipe ups and deleted words because the keyboards are capacitive.
    09-14-18 08:26 AM
    Let's keep the posts here directly relevant to the issue topic of this thread. If you've had this issue please continue to post. Thanks.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-14-18 08:27 AM
    Let's keep the posts here directly relevant to the issue topic of this thread. If you've had this issue please continue to post. Thanks.
    Ok - no problem.

Hope you get your device fixed/get a new replacement. Peace
    09-14-18 10:45 AM
    If anyone here thought this was going to be smooth (me included, see post # 39) they were wrong...:

Today, 4th day after opening the ticket there is still no progress after the ticket was escalated....no device was shipped and I am told that this may take 7 business days.

May?

How come it didn't take 7 business days to put a hold on my card?
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-14-18 04:10 PM
    If anyone here thought this was going to be smooth (me included, see post # ) they were wrong...:

Today, 4th day after opening the ticket there is still no progress after the ticket was escalated....no device was shipped and I am told that this may take 7 business days.

May?

How come it didn't take 7 business days to put a hold on my card?
    You should call BBMo support and definitely complain. Unless that phone has shipped I don't think they have a right to put a charge hold on your credit card. You could always call the credit card company.
    I tracked my phone, it arrived earlier this afternoon but so far no updates. I called about this and all the support person told me was I would get my repaired phone in 7 business days. I won't hold my breath.
    09-14-18 04:16 PM
    You should call BBMo support and definitely complain. Unless that phone has shipped I don't think they have a right to put a charge hold on your credit card. You could always call the credit card company.
    I tracked my phone, it arrived earlier this afternoon but so far no updates. I called about this and all the support person told me was I would get my repaired phone in 7 business days. I won't hold my breath.
    I called them and complained. Then I turned to the wall at my room and did the same. There was no change in the result.
    Shockwave11ca likes this.
    09-14-18 04:18 PM
    I've been trying to call BlackBerry Support (855-223-4034) for over an hour and I get a recording "This wireless customer you are trying to call is unavailable". Arrgghhh!!!
    09-17-18 10:48 AM
    I've been trying to call BlackBerry Support (855-223-4034) for over an hour and I get a recording "This wireless customer you are trying to call is unavailable". Arrgghhh!!!
    Yup. Looks like their system is down.
    09-17-18 10:56 AM
    Myself included, it seems there are 7 users that are affected by this phenomenon; I can't help but wonder how many didn't complain or complained elsewhere.

With your help I would like to start looking for a common denominator; please post the following information if you would like to participate:

Device Manufacturing Date (see instructions below)*
    Device Color (Silver / Black)
    Retailer & Region: (Amazon - US, Best Buy - US, Bell - Canada, Rogers - Canada etc.)
    Build Number
    Model Number

*In order to find manufactured date, go to phone dialpad and type in *#2886#, press "MANU" , go to the very top option and press "Traceability", press "Pass" and will show the date at bottom. To leave that mode, press "Pass" again, scroll all the way down and press "Exit"

My information:

Device Manufacturing Date: 06/22/2018
    Device Color: Black
    Retailer: Best Buy - US
    Build Number: ABE181
    Model Number: BBF100-2

@Smokeaire @Crusader03 @Egonzalez1978 @Oscar SSM @SteveNoza @TheBond
    09-17-18 11:47 AM
    Update: I posted the above on Twitter @bbmobile. I must admit I was impressed by the response. I received a call within minutes. My impressed feeling didn't last long. In my previous phone calls I was told several times I would receive my repaired phone in 7 business days. My phone arrived there last Friday at 9:30 am.
    On the phone today I was told that it would take 7 business days to repair it!
    I raised he'll. She said she would escalate it.
    So not impressed at all. Time, or days, or weeks will tell.
    09-17-18 01:41 PM
    Have a case open with BlackBerry. Here is my info, Silver Edition. Build date 07/04/2018.
    Attached Thumbnails Physical Keyboard use randomly activates Pointer/Cursor Mode issue.-screenshot_20180817-204323.jpg  
    09-17-18 10:58 PM
    Have a case open with BlackBerry. Here is my info, Silver Edition. Build date 07/04/2018.
    How did you bring up this screen?
    09-17-18 11:05 PM
    My information:

Device Manufacturing Date: 6th July 2018 (20180706)
    Device Color: Silver
    Retailer: eBay
    Build Number: ABE181
    Model Number: BBF100-6
    09-17-18 11:06 PM
2,521 12345 ...