Please let us know how that works out.
    I put the ball in their court. It will be interesting to see their response.
    If you will send me your case # I will mention is in my claim as a reference.
    09-09-18 05:22 PM
    I have also reported it through Support Center app.
    The Pointer / Cursor mode and Symbol gesture gets called randomly on my Dual Sim Key2 too.

I believe it's too sensitive. They should either have sensitivity option for double tap features or have ability to turn it off.
    Swipe down for Symbol is very annoying. If I could, I would turned it off. It's not as frequently occurring problem but since we have a button, we can live with turning it off.
    09-09-18 05:51 PM
    I will in a couple of hours.
    09-10-18 05:22 AM
    I have the very same issue. Let's see if our Guru's will break their silence and comment or offer up a solution. It also drives me batty! Did it again while typing this!!! I also get unwanted key flicked text all the time which is embarrassing on long messages or emails. Come on boys, let's try and work through this! Anxiously awaiting assistance.
    I do find it interesting that @LiamQ hasn't responded (especially since I sent LiamQ a pm about the problem) nor have the others such as Conite, Thurask, and even Bla1ze. Maybe because there isn't any defense for such a defect in such a highly touted phone.
    09-10-18 05:28 AM
    Here it is: CRM:000007600178871
    Good luck.
    09-10-18 06:42 AM
    This post is a test of my KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard.
    Absolutely no issues. It is a far better functioning keyboard than the Key² keyboard. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard feels more solid and better built than the Key² pkb.
    I hope Blackberry Mobile makes good on the Key² warranty.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 09-10-18 at 10:03 AM.
    09-10-18 07:52 AM
    Here it is: CRM:000007600178871
    Good luck.
    Thanks! I will report back.
    09-10-18 09:33 AM
    Replacement issued; case # 00007600179627
    09-10-18 10:39 AM
    Replacement issued; case # 00007600179627
    OK just what was it that you wrote them?
    09-10-18 10:57 AM
    OK just what was it that you wrote them?
    I didn't write. I called them and discussed the issue. They were made aware of the thread and have a link.
    09-10-18 11:00 AM
    I didn't write. I called them and discussed the issue. They were made aware of the thread and have a link.
    Phone #?
    09-10-18 11:03 AM
    Phone #?
    (855) 223 4034
    09-10-18 11:08 AM
    (855) 223 4034
    I called them. What a cluster. Just because my phone has a few light abrasions on the corners they might deem the warranty void. If they send me a new phone (and put a hold on my credit card) and determine the problem is from damage they will charge my credit card. BS! I'm not going to take the chance of paying twice for a Key². So I'm going to send it in for repairs. Even then they may void the warranty and I'll have to pay for that!!!
    This just may be the last time I buy a BlackBerry phone.
    09-10-18 11:25 AM
    I called them. What a cluster. Just because my phone has a few light abrasions on the corners they might deem the warranty void. If they send me a new phone (and put a hold on my credit card) and determine the problem is from damage they will charge my credit card. BS! I'm not going to take the chance of paying twice for a Key². So I'm going to send it in for repairs. Even then they may void the warranty and I'll have to pay for that!!!
    This just may be the last time I buy a BlackBerry phone.
    If I were you I would send it in for repairs and indicate on the order to call you before any repairs are performed in case there is a charge, then you can decide whether to continue the claim or not.

I have a KEYᵒⁿᵉ experience with the repair procedure and I found that overall they are pretty reasonable.

I think that customer service rep just tell what they need to tell you to cover their side for whatever which reason but when you will put it in motion you will see that they are reasonable.

I don't think your warranty will void for apparent general wear issues.
    09-10-18 11:39 AM
    Have also called and opened a case. They feel it's an update fix at this point and mentioned to wait for 2 more updates.
    On an unrelated note, they also told me that WiFi calling will not be available for factory unlocked devises due to carrier agreements in Canada and the US. Disappointing.
    09-10-18 12:17 PM
    My Key² has gone out today for repairs, heading to TCL in Illinois. I was told seven days. I bet.
    Thankfully I kept my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    09-11-18 06:49 PM
    I got this response for my dual sim variant, which is bizarre. I used the built-in Support Center.

Hello,

We thank you for communicating with our BlackBerry Mobile Care and for your interest in our products.

It seems like your device variant in particular is not manufactured by us, but rather by the Future Power (HK) company, and therefore we would not be able to provide any support for it.

You can find the company information with the following link: http://www.futurepower.com.hk/en/

Your case will be set as 'Resolved' on our end since we do not support this specific variant.

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device.
    09-11-18 07:57 PM
    I got this response for my dual sim variant, which is bizarre. I used the built-in Support Center.

Hello,

We thank you for communicating with our BlackBerry Mobile Care and for your interest in our products.

It seems like your device variant in particular is not manufactured by us, but rather by the Future Power (HK) company, and therefore we would not be able to provide any support for it.

You can find the company information with the following link: http://www.futurepower.com.hk/en/

Your case will be set as 'Resolved' on our end since we do not support this specific variant.

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device.
    This is rather odd! Where did you purchase your device?
    09-11-18 08:19 PM
    This is rather odd! Where did you purchase your device?
    I bought it from eBay Store. But should that matter if I'm reaching out to BlackBerry through the Support Center app?
    It did let me register myself with eWarranty, but now I'm not sure how this works.
    09-11-18 08:44 PM
    I bought it from eBay Store. But should that matter if I'm reaching out to BlackBerry through the Support Center app?
    It did let me register myself with eWarranty, but now I'm not sure how this works.
    Regardless of your successful registration, there are authorized retailers for every country in which the KEY² is officially available. There is no telling what is the source of the device when purchased from a none authorized retailer so indeed, it is possible that your device was manufactured / alloted for distribution in a territory covered by the Hong Kong distributor that was mentioned in the reply you received in which case you will have to contact them.

That said, when I called to initiate the exchange the rep could not identify my IMEI. He was finally able to do so but it took a while and it was pretty obvious he was struggling as I was put on hold several times. He didn't disclose the issue but eventually proceeded with opening the exchange ticket.

My conclusion is that my device as well was most likely in the same batch as yours (alloted for distribution elsewhere or something of that sort) but since I purchased it from an authorized retailer (Best Buy) I was finally covered.

If that's the case indeed then we most likely have an issue with a very specific manufacturing batch.

My two cents.
    09-11-18 08:54 PM
    Regardless of your successful registration, there are authorized retailers for every country in which the KEY² is officially available. There is no telling what is the source of the device when purchased from a none authorized retailer so indeed, it is possible that your device was manufactured / alloted for distribution in a territory covered by the Hong Kong distributor that was mentioned in the reply you received in which case you will have to contact them.

That said, when I called to initiate the exchange the rep could not identify my IMEI. He was finally able to do so but it took a while and it was pretty obvious he was struggling as I was put on hold several times. He didn't disclose the issue but eventually proceeded with opening the exchange ticket.

My conclusion is that my device as well was most likely in the same batch as yours (alloted for distribution elsewhere or something of that sort) but since I purchased it from an authorized retailer (Best Buy) I was finally covered.

If that's the case indeed then we most likely have an issue with a very specific manufacturing batch.

My two cents.
    I guess I should wait for the software fix, because I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Perhaps when you receive yours, you can tell us whether your build# etc has changed or not.
    09-11-18 09:17 PM
    I guess I should wait for the software fix, because I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Perhaps when you receive yours, you can tell us whether your build# etc has changed or not.
    I am going to document everything including manufacturing dates of both original and replacement device. Hopefully they follow through and send a replacement from different batch as requested.

I can confirm that I know others that experienced the same and the issue seized after the last update so while it may very well be repairable with a software update it seems the update affect different devices differently.
    09-11-18 09:21 PM
    I have also reported it through Support Center app.
    The Pointer / Cursor mode and Symbol gesture gets called randomly on my Dual Sim Key2 too.

I believe it's too sensitive. They should either have sensitivity option for double tap features or have ability to turn it off.
    Swipe down for Symbol is very annoying. If I could, I would turned it off. It's not as frequently occurring problem but since we have a button, we can live with turning it off.
    My issue isn't with Space bar as the OP but it's while typing. I thinks too sensitive and can be fixed with a software tweak.

Like some above, it also happens with swipe up getting triggered.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-11-18 09:33 PM
    My issue isn't with Space bar as the OP but it's while typing. I thinks too sensitive and can be fixed with a software tweak.

Like some above, it also happens with swipe up getting triggered.
    Yup. You and I have the exact same issue.
    09-11-18 09:34 PM
    Yup. You and I have the exact same issue.
    Great. I will be looking forward to your comments.

So far either I'm getting better or getting used to it. I'm not triggering it a lot times. But when it happens, it's a big nuisance.
    I tried turning the gestures off but I couldn't get used to it. Swipe to delete and text selection was something I couldn't live without.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-11-18 09:37 PM
2,521 1234 ...