Just by hovering my thumb over the physical keyboard the pointer/cursor mode gets activated and then will fluctuate between that and keyboard mode. This issue has frustrated me to the point of wanting to throw the Key² against a wall.
    If not noticed while typing it creates a jumble of mixed up letters.
    Now TCL needs to come forth and either admit it is a firmware issue or, even worse, a keyboard construction issue and the keyboard needs to be replaced.
    Another issue is the swipe up failure, it will work once then repeated swiping up fails to register.
    I hope I can upload the video I just took of the pointer/cursor mode issue in action.
    *Crud. The file is too big even though it's only 13 seconds long. I'll try to figure something out.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 02-18-19 at 06:26 AM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-02-18 07:13 AM
    I think this will work. Here is a link to the video:
    https://app.box.com/s/6jerswrzel8xl5girfq95zza4ld1vvc4
    09-02-18 07:38 AM
    Just received an update for the keyboard. Let's see if it fixed the issue of uncontrollable Pointer mode.
    So far so good.
    Now to test the swipe up issues with the PKB on my Key ².
    Seems better.
    Time will tell on both.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-04-18 03:36 PM
    Well it seems to not to be fixed. I just touch the space bar and Pointer mode activates. Must be a space bar problem.
    I think it's time to try for a replacement phone. Hopefully BBMo handles this well.
    09-04-18 03:51 PM
    Due to an invasion of crickets this thread will be closed for fumigation.
    And due to the fact I just noticed I posted in the wrong Topic. Grrr.
    Shockwave11ca likes this.
    09-07-18 03:37 PM
    I have the very same issue. Let's see if our Guru's will break their silence and comment or offer up a solution. It also drives me batty! Did it again while typing this!!! I also get unwanted key flicked text all the time which is embarrassing on long messages or emails. Come on boys, let's try and work through this! Anxiously awaiting assistance.
    09-07-18 05:38 PM
    I am so glad I run into this thread! I guess I am not alone.

I have been experiencing the very same issue from day one of getting my KEY² hoping that updates fix this but in reality they don't seem to, at least not so far!

I also performed a device wipe / reinstall to no avail.

We seem to be a minority here though which makes me think this might be a hardware issue as I am aware of others that do not experience the same.
    09-07-18 06:02 PM
    It is not an isolated incident! Now hopefully we will get some help and or guidance.
    09-07-18 06:11 PM
    It is not an isolated incident! Now hopefully we will get some help and or guidance.
    The swipe up failure to register that @Smokeaire mentioned as well is an issue I was having going back to my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    09-07-18 06:24 PM
    09-07-18 06:25 PM
    My swipe up failure is that it is too sensitive. If I hover for a moment while checking my spelling, it will flick a productive word. My cursor also shows up if I hover, and sometimes, symbols pop up! Very frustrating !
    bcbbanga4l and Hallsballs0 like this.
    09-07-18 06:32 PM
    My swipe up failure is that it is too sensitive. If I hover for a moment while checking my spelling, it will flick a productive word. My cursor also shows up if I hover, and sometimes, symbols pop up! Very frustrating !
    Yes! It's the hovering that seem to be the issue. I try to lift my thumbs between the strokes now, it helps but not ideal since it slows me down...
    bcbbanga4l and Hallsballs0 like this.
    09-07-18 06:38 PM
    same problem here With this keyboard maybe it's just about that time to take a break and go to a full touch device. One thing I did notice is that if I am gentle everything seems to work more smoothly
    09-07-18 07:18 PM
    same problem here With this keyboard maybe it's just about that time to take a break and go to a full touch device. One thing I did notice is that if I am gentle everything seems to work more smoothly
    Yes! It's all about the finesse...
    09-07-18 07:21 PM
    Same here! KEY2 black, dual SIM version. I suppose this can be fixed through software updates
    09-07-18 07:27 PM
    Isn't the silence from our Guru's deafening? Come on guys, Conite, Blaze and company! I know this thread is not positive for our beloved BlackBerry's, it is however a real issue.
    09-07-18 08:05 PM
    Isn't the silence from our Guru's deafening? Come on guys, Conite, Blaze and company! I know this thread is not positive for our beloved BlackBerry's, it is however a real issue.
    You have to add an '@' sign before the user's name if you want them to be notified about being mentioned, otherwise they are not necessarily reading this post. FYI
    09-07-18 08:27 PM
    Thanks RK_BB. @conite and @blaze. Please refer to preceding posts. Much appreciated!
    09-07-18 08:38 PM
    I have experienced going into cursor mode when not expected too, I think it's due to my thumb hitting the keyboard twice without pressing a key. I have been working on purposely typing and not hovering.
    09-07-18 10:00 PM
    First of all I want to thank @Ecm for moving this thread to where I should have posted it in the first place and not closing it as I requested. How I didn't notice it was in Games I don't know.

Second, I think everyone who are having these issues need to send an issue report using the Support Center app on your phones. I have sent two. The first BBMo closed the case without offering any advice or explanation except that they are aware of it and are working on it.
    The second one I sent was terse asking for them to come out and either admit it is a firmware issue or a problem with the pkb build. Their response was that I would have to wipe my phone and factory reset it before they will move any further on this problem.
    It is my opinion they don't want to admit it is a problem with the construction quality of the pkb because then it would create a flood of warranty returns which they don't want to deal with.
    I even sent a pm to @LiamQ asking for him(?) to address this issue. No response.
    To be frank, because I write a lot of emails and comment on various forums and social media, this problem as made me regret spending my hard earned money on the Key².
    So get out and send those issue reports. Maybe we can get a response besides "factory rest your phone first".
    diesel0110 likes this.
    09-08-18 08:11 AM
    First of all I want to thank @Ecm for moving this thread to where I should have posted it in the first place and not closing it as I requested. How I didn't notice it was in Games I don't know.

Second, I think everyone who are having these issues need to send an issue report using the Support Center app on your phones. I have sent two. The first BBMo closed the case without offering any advice or explanation except that they are aware of it and are working on it.
    The second one I sent was terse asking for them to come out and either admit it is a firmware issue or a problem with the pkb build. Their response was that I would have to wipe my phone and factory reset it before they will move any further on this problem.
    It is my opinion they don't want to admit it is a problem with the construction quality of the pkb because then it would create a flood of warranty returns which they don't want to deal with.
    I even sent a pm to @LiamQ asking for him(?) to address this issue. No response.
    To be frank, because I write a lot of emails and comment on various forums and social media, this problem as made me regret spending my hard earned money on the Key².
    So get out and send those issue reports. Maybe we can get a response besides "factory rest your phone first".
    I already performed a factory reset and can confirm that it doesn't resolve the issue.

You can also DM @blaclberrymobile on Instagram. They will most likely either ignore or reply by saying that you must report the issue using the appropriate channels which is OK yet I am sure that the more communications they get on the matter from whichever open channel they have the more likely it is for the issue to penetrate.
    09-08-18 10:57 AM
    I suspect if I don't do a factory reset BBMo will know and close the case without any resolution. Of course a factory reset is the last thing I want to do, especially since I suspect it is a pkb build problem not a firmware issue. You confirmed that.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 09-08-18 at 12:42 PM.
    09-08-18 12:27 PM
    After doing a factory reset the issue still persists. Now to report back to BlackBerry Mobile Customer Care.
    09-09-18 10:35 AM
    I am most likely going to ask for a replacement device next week.

If anyone here decide to do the same please take note of the production dates of both original and replacement device.

Will report back!
    09-09-18 11:42 AM
    I am most likely going to ask for a replacement device next week.

If anyone here decide to do the same please take note of the production dates of both original and replacement device.

Will report back!
    Please let us know how that works out.
    I put the ball in their court. It will be interesting to see their response.
    09-09-18 05:13 PM
2,521 123 ...