View Poll Results: Is your keyboard gestures feature turned On or Off?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • On

17 94.44%
  • Off

1 5.56%
    Simple Poll, are using the physical keyboard gestures or you have them turned them off?

Poll features are not not available using the CrackBerry app; voting can only be done by accessing the forum from a web browser.

Physical KeyBoard Gestures - Are You Using Them?-img_20190323_230920.jpg
    03-24-19 01:17 AM
    Yes I am - especially the swipe-left to Delete, double-tap for the cursor, swipe up/down for scrolling pages and swipe up when doing Predictive Emojis. I had been using the LE for a while but went back to using Key2 for this, realised I missed this more than I thought!
    Bob80220, RK_BB and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-24-19 01:17 PM
    I have an LE, so...
    03-24-19 02:03 PM
    Not anymore. Disabled them recently because BB still hasn't fixed the keyboard software.
    03-24-19 06:33 PM
    Not anymore. Disabled them recently because BB still hasn't fixed the keyboard software.
    And since you said your battery doesn't last as long as it did at launch, you basically have a faster LE with bigger keys lol
    Vistaus likes this.
    03-24-19 07:36 PM
    And since you said your battery doesn't last as long as it did at launch, you basically have a faster LE with bigger keys lol
    At a higher purchase price as well... 😂

Bob
    03-24-19 07:39 PM
    Can't live without it.

However, when I double-tap for cursor, navigate it towhere I want to and start typing, it joins the word together with what I'm typing as one sentence. What's up with that?
    DWonder likes this.
    03-24-19 11:19 PM
    I so badly want to turn it off but I NEED the double tap / cursor. I just wish it was more customizable ������
    03-25-19 08:27 AM
    03-25-19 12:28 PM
    Bump
    Why bump the thread when the last reply (before yours) was just a couple of hours ago?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-25-19 01:03 PM
    Keeping it on top in the first days is crucial to gain some momentum.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-25-19 02:37 PM
    Why bump the thread when the last reply (before yours) was just a couple of hours ago?
    Keeping it at the top in order to obtain as big a sample as possible. Cheers,
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-25-19 03:19 PM
    Keeping it on top in the first days is crucial to gain some momentum.
    Don't be annoying with it. Besides, if people care it will find its own momentum.

Bumping - Bumping a thread means to post an innocuous reply to a thread in order to "bump" it to the top of a forum. Excessive bumping is prohibited, and is limited to once per 24 hour period.
    03-25-19 06:43 PM
    Don't be annoying with it. Besides, if people care it will find its own momentum.
    Interesting, is bumping against forum policy Blaz1ze? Aren't 90% of threads on here venting annoyances and seeking/sourcing help? Since members are not on here everyday, week or sometimes, months, is it not ok to try and cull data over a short but reasonable period of time for our devises and community? Perhaps I misunderstood what this forum was created/conceived for - or, something has perhaps changed?
    03-25-19 07:39 PM
    Interesting, is bumping against forum policy Blaz1ze? Aren't 90% of threads on here venting annoyances and seeking/sourcing help? Since members are not on here everyday, week or sometimes, months, is it not ok to try and cull data over a short but reasonable period of time for our devises and community? Perhaps I misunderstood what this forum was created/conceived for - or, something has perhaps changed?
    Hardly anyone 'bumps' a normal post. They generally communicate, or reply with something of substance not just an annoying 'bump'. Bumps generally come from marketplace posts, where people are trying to attract attention to their for sale items and yes, it's in the forum rules. - https://forums.crackberry.com/volunt.../#post12806924
    Bob80220, BigBadWulf and Vistaus like this.
    03-25-19 07:40 PM
    Hardly anyone 'bumps' a normal post. They generally communicate, or reply with something of substance not just an annoying 'bump'.
    Understood. Responded to your reply before you edited in the "Forum Rules". We will comply.
    03-25-19 07:42 PM
    Has anyone of you got the same problem with keyboard gesture?sometimes it is not functioning and not fluid as it use to be and it seems need time to load the gesture software. And everytime this happen I need to lock the phone then unlock it to get the gesture working. It is become irritating now. Any solution guys? Thank you
    03-25-19 11:38 PM
    Lock and unlock phone is a new one. I use gestures and have them turned on. Although lots of times they feel lonely and just start using themselves. I paid for them and I'm going to use them if I have rub my keys off to get the middle words to swipe up.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-26-19 12:20 AM
    Has anyone of you got the same problem with keyboard gesture?sometimes it is not functioning and not fluid as it use to be and it seems need time to load the gesture software. And everytime this happen I need to lock the phone then unlock it to get the gesture working. It is become irritating now. Any solution guys? Thank you
    What update are you on?
    03-26-19 12:41 AM
    What update are you on?
    Im currently on ABR886 android 8.1
    Did you have the same problem?
    03-26-19 12:47 AM
    Im currently on ABR886 android 8.1
    Did you have the same problem?
    In my case (and also for others) cleaning the keyboard was very helpful in improving the swiping success.

Can of compressed air or blowing into the keyboard (make sure device is turned off)

Cleaning the keys with eye glasses cleaning product. (Don't spray directly into the keys and don't use tissues that are too wet)
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    03-26-19 08:14 AM
    In my case (and also for others) cleaning the keyboard was very helpful in improving the swiping success.

Can of compressed air or blowing into the keyboard (make sure device is turned off)

Cleaning the keys with eye glasses cleaning product. (Don't spray directly into the keys and don't use tissues that are too wet)
    Well thank you for the suggestion, will try to clean up the keyboards and stuff hopefully it work. Have a nice day
    03-26-19 08:18 AM
    Well thank you for the suggestion, will try to clean up the keyboards and stuff hopefully it work. Have a nice day
    No problem. Please report back with the results.
    Thx.
    03-26-19 12:33 PM
    Be glad that CB is so lenient about it. I've been on forums where bumping was only allowed once every 48 or 72 hours, so once every 24 hours is very generous.
    03-26-19 01:05 PM
    Be glad that CB is so lenient about it. I've been on forums where bumping was only allowed once every 48 or 72 hours, so once every 24 hours is very generous.
    There is no need to rehash this again. Compliance has already been stated. Thank you,
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-26-19 01:30 PM