I am 3 days into the key 2 and I just LOVE this device. The PKB is just so much better than the keyone. I love the design as well it's very modern and sleek especially in black. If this is the last blackberry we ever see 'they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hand'
    02-08-20 05:21 PM
    I am 3 days into the key 2 and I just LOVE this device. The PKB is just so much better than the keyone. I love the design as well it's very modern and sleek especially in black. If this is the last blackberry we ever see 'they will have to pry it out of my cold dead hand'
    Enjoy your KEY2

What color/variant is it and where did you get it from?
    02-08-20 08:06 PM
    Black key 2..got it brand new from my carrier
    the_boon likes this.
    02-08-20 08:07 PM
    Black key 2..got it brand new from my carrier
    What carrier?

What's the build date?
    02-08-20 09:24 PM
    My guess,Bell or Telus...
    What carrier?

What's the build date?
    02-08-20 09:36 PM
    Welcome!
    02-08-20 09:37 PM
    I hope that you enjoy your new blackberry branded K2 and hopefully get the Bluetooth sorted

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-09-20 03:35 AM
    I hope that you enjoy your new blackberry branded K2 and hopefully get the Bluetooth sorted

As a new owner, what’s wrong with the Bluetooth. I connected mine to AirPod pros no problem, and my car. When I get in the car it doesn’t automatically connect but I jus5 do it from the phone fine.
    02-09-20 05:09 AM
    As a new owner, what’s wrong with the Bluetooth. I connected mine to AirPod pros no problem, and my car. When I get in the car it doesn’t automatically connect but I jus5 do it from the phone fine.
    Hi Chris
    Not sure as my Bluetooth works great on the K2 now. When I was using the Sony smartwatch I had problems pairing them and had to let the phone 'forget' the watch then it would be fine.
    After moving on to the galaxy watch I haven't seen any issues and it pairs straight away, also with my cheap hands free speaker in the car. I have noticed that it will only pair with one Bluetooth device at a time yet my Dtek50 would work with both.

Chris Townsend3 likes this.
    02-09-20 05:49 AM
    I was using the Key 2 for more than a year and had absolutely no problem to connect it with wireless buds or the car, apparently with 2 different cars and the connection was done automatically.
    02-09-20 07:29 AM
    I haven't had any issues with Bluetooth in the year+ I've had the Key2. Wide range of devices, always works.
    Attached Thumbnails This phone....I'm lovin' it.-screenshot_20200209-085309.jpg  
    02-09-20 08:58 AM
    This is the unfortunate thing about Blackberries, and particularly the K2 - once people get to try one for a while they see just how great they are. There are so many special tips and tricks that make them so nice to use. Everybody I show and demonstrate mine to is surprised at the things it can do. If only they would have gotten some salespeople and promoters to get the word out. Big mistake getting a Chinese businessman to run a Canadian company in a business that’s almost completely dominated by Chinese companies
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-09-20 10:00 AM
    This is the unfortunate thing about Blackberries, and particularly the K2 - once people get to try one for a while they see just how great they are. There are so many special tips and tricks that make them so nice to use. Everybody I show and demonstrate mine to is surprised at the things it can do. If only they would have gotten some salespeople and promoters to get the word out. Big mistake getting a Chinese businessman to run a Canadian company in a business that’s almost completely dominated by Chinese companies
    But BlackBerry is not a smartphone company. The BoD made that decision back in the summer of 2013, and Chen was hired in the fall of 2013 specifically to complete that pivot. The reorganisation took 3 years to complete, and whatever was leftover was put up for licencing.

Three companies gave it a shot, and all failed.
    02-09-20 10:16 AM
    If you don’t want to be a successful company then not advertising and letting the public know about your product is the way to do it.
    the_boon and elfabio80 like this.
    02-09-20 03:50 PM
    If you don’t want to be a successful company then not advertising and letting the public know about your product is the way to do it.
    Who? BlackBerry Limited? They dumped devices back in 2013, and got out clean by 2016.

TCL (BlackBerry Mobile)? What would be your advertising budget if you thought the market was 2 million devices per year and your asp was $250-400?
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-09-20 04:13 PM
    I guess it comes down to which is the cause and which is the effect. A company doesn’t advertise their product so they have no market. They have no market so they go out of business.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-09-20 04:37 PM
    Feel the same way about my Passport and other things....
    Attached Thumbnails This phone....I'm lovin' it.-cold.jpg  
    02-09-20 05:03 PM
    Feel the same way about my Passport and other things....
    I'd rather have a BB Passport than that musket
    02-09-20 05:18 PM
    Advertising doesn’t create a market for your product. Advertising can help you reach that market.

The math simply doesn’t add up when it comes to advertising a niche electronics product.

I buy niche high end audio stuff. None of it is advertised. I find out about products from forums and online review sites. I am part of a small niche market, and the companies from which I buy promote their products in niche forums. That’s how it works.

BB did this and figured out their market is actually quite small.
    02-09-20 06:06 PM
    Who? BlackBerry Limited? They dumped devices back in 2013, and got out clean by 2016.

TCL (BlackBerry Mobile)? What would be your advertising budget if you thought the market was 2 million devices per year and your asp was $250-400?
    I guess it comes down to which is the cause and which is the effect. A company doesn’t advertise their product so they have no market. They have no market so they go out of business.
    I ask you to do the math as I suggest. You will quickly see the problem.
    02-09-20 07:26 PM
    I ask you to do the math as I suggest. You will quickly see the problem.
    It seems that BlackBerry was making a profit and TCL was not. Perhaps Nokia having both the production capacity and the IP can make a profit from a new nostalgia device .
    02-09-20 07:57 PM
    It seems that BlackBerry was making a profit and TCL was not. Perhaps Nokia having both the production capacity and the IP can make a profit from a new nostalgia device .
    They'd be stupid to try.
    BB4ever0310 likes this.
    02-09-20 08:07 PM

Advertising doesn’t create a market for your product. Advertising can help you reach that market.

The math simply doesn’t add up when it comes to advertising a niche electronics product.

I buy niche high end audio stuff. None of it is advertised. I find out about products from forums and online review sites. I am part of a small niche market, and the companies from which I buy promote their products in niche forums. That’s how it works.

BB did this and figured out their market is actually quite small.
    So how did OnePlus make it? 🤔
    02-09-20 08:40 PM
    So how did OnePlus make it?
    It certainly wasn't through advertising.
    BB4ever0310 likes this.
    02-09-20 08:41 PM
    So how did OnePlus make it? ������
    There was a market and they found it. It certainly wasn't through mass market ads.

I think you need both. A big enough market that has the problem/need you address and a cost effective way to reach them.
    02-09-20 08:49 PM
51 123