I have ABE181 software and I'm in Europe. Can I install the European version? Instagram does not work for me.
    I will be grateful for hints whether it can be done and which version should I download?
    In addition, how to install USB drivers?
    09-29-18 01:31 PM
    I have ABE181 software and I'm in Europe. Can I install the European version? Instagram does not work for me.
    I will be grateful for hints whether it can be done and which version should I download?
    Likely.

What is your product PRD?

Type *#837837# into your dialer.
    09-29-18 01:43 PM
    Careful. Though it may very well be possible, your device MAY not be manufactured by TCL in which case you may have some warranty difficulties.

I suggest you get in touch with @TheBond
    09-29-18 02:11 PM
    Careful. Though it may very well be possible, your device MAY not be manufactured by TCL in which case you may have some warranty difficulties.

I suggest you get in touch with @TheBond
    Only TCL manufactures the KEY².
    09-29-18 02:16 PM
    Only TCL manufactures the KEY².
    That's what I thought as well. @TheBond and I have a concrete proof that it isn't.

I can not share it here since it is related to @TheBond KEY² but to have a clue as to what we are referring to I suggest to give a good review of this thread: /blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-29-18 02:27 PM
    That's what I thought as well. @TheBond and I have a concrete proof that it isn't.
    Produce this evidence then. What would be the harm?

I am highly doubtful. A manufacturing business is not going to farm out a small subset of production to a competitor just for the fun of it.

Let's not derail this thread with conspiracy theories.
    09-29-18 02:57 PM

I am highly doubtful.
    Well, it's not my property; the evidence was shared with me and its just not the right thing to do.

Until the owner of the property read this thread (they were mentioned) all the contributors to this thread can choose whether to believe me or not, entirely up to them.

I can only say that I wouldn't take the time to post "fake news". Trust me, I am really hoping this is just all false information received from BlackBerry Mobile themselves; perhaps a misinformed rep? I don't know yet but we are working to find out.
    09-29-18 03:09 PM
    the code for PRD does not work in the communicator. shows some error.
    I downloaded and loaded the ABD706 autoloader. All of them have succeeded, now I can install Instagram (which was just a signal that my soft is something wrong because I bought used).
    09-29-18 03:14 PM
    the code for PRD does not work in the communicator. shows some error.
    I downloaded and loaded the ABD706 autoloader. All of them have succeeded, now I can install Instagram (which was just a signal that my soft is something wrong because I bought used).
    Type *#837837# into your phone dialer.

It can't fail.
    09-29-18 03:16 PM
    09-29-18 03:23 PM
    Ok
    This device is the standard EU QWERTY variant - not from Hong Kong or anywhere else.

ABG706 will work just fine.
    09-29-18 03:27 PM

I am highly doubtful. A manufacturing business is not going to farm out a small subset of production to a competitor just for the fun of it.

Let's not derail this thread with conspiracy theories.
    I'm not sure who manufactures it. Mine BBF100-6, dual sim, is from HK, although works fine with Instagram and everything else.

I had the Pointer issue so reached out to BlackBerry via the Support App. This is what their responses were and got my ticket closed.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-29-18 05:19 PM
    I'm not sure who manufactures it. Mine BBF100-6, dual sim, is from HK, although works fine with Instagram and everything else.

I had the Pointer issue so reached out to BlackBerry via the Support App. This is what their responses were and got my ticket closed.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5637447062.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90712249f4.jpg
    I don't know what questions you asked, or how you asked them, but TCL is 100% responsible for each and every KEY² around the world.
    09-29-18 05:39 PM
    I don't know what questions you asked, or how you asked them, but TCL is 100% responsible for each and every KEY² around the world.
    100% agree. I said the same thing and therefore I am amazed by the reply.
    09-29-18 05:41 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5637447062.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90712249f4.jpg
    Wow! The last sentence is quite fascinating.
    09-29-18 05:42 PM
    I just sent an email about the keyboard issue from the built-in Support app (as per the request in the Pointer issue thread) so that BlackBerry is aware of the issue.
    Their response was shocking to me as well.

To their first response when they suggested to get in touch with futurepower.com.hk, I replied the following
    09-29-18 05:48 PM
    I just sent an email about the keyboard issue from the built-in Support app (as per the request in the Pointer issue thread) so that BlackBerry is aware of the issue.
    Their response was shocking to me as well.

To their first response when they suggested to get in touch with futurepower.com.hk, I replied the followinghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1442db4415.jpg
    From whom did you purchase the device? What is the PRD? (Type *#837837# into the phone dialer).

Maybe broken English meant "supported by" and not "manufactured by".

"Since its establishment, our company (Future Power) has become an authorized dealer of major telecommunications network operators in Hong Kong"
    09-29-18 05:52 PM
    From whom did you purchase the device? What is the PRD? (Type *#837837# into the phone dialer).
    I bought it through an eBay Store, since the phone is not available in Australia. I needed BBF100-6. Anyhow, the source of purchase isn't the issue here.

This is what I get from *#837837#
    09-29-18 05:58 PM
    I bought it through an eBay Store, since the phone is not available in Australia. I needed BBF100-6. Anyhow, the source of purchase isn't the issue here.

This is what I get from *#837837#https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6839fd2f8d.jpg
    That is indeed a HK variant.

Read the rest of my last post.

I suspect Future Power has exclusive distribution and support rights/responsibility of this variant, in that market (for which -018 was exclusively built).
    09-29-18 06:02 PM
    That is indeed a HK variant.

Read the rest of my last post.

I suspect Future Power has exclusive distribution and support rights/responsibility of this variant, in that market.
    I read it. If you look at my email, I thought it was more of regional thing and they could delegate me.

However they mentioned in their last email that it's not even manufactured by them. In the past, I remember particularly for KeyOne, the manufacturer for Indian market was different.

So to state that everything is made by TCL may not be true.
    09-29-18 06:06 PM
    I read it. If you look at my email, I thought it was more of regional thing and they could delegate me.

However they mentioned in their last email that it's not even manufactured by them. In the past, I remember particularly for KeyOne, the manufacturer for Indian market was different.

So to state that everything is made by TCL may not be true.
    It is true - all are built solely by TCL. The email is in error, and likely meant "supported by" , and not "manufactured by".

Optiemus never ended up manufacturing their own KEYᵒⁿᵉs (as they had initially planned as part of their sub-licence agreement with BBMo).
    09-29-18 06:09 PM
    It is true - all are built exclusively by TCL. The email is in error, and likely meant "supported by" , and not "manufactured by".

Optiemus never ended up manufacturing their own KEYᵒⁿᵉs, as part of their sub-licence agreement with BBMo).
    I suspect the same but that email was well written and I don't think originated from someone who didn't know what they were talking.

Either ways, I am just stating what I was told. I just took it as an "excuse" to close off the ticket.
    May be I'll reply to that email and see what they say now.
    09-29-18 06:13 PM
    I suspect the same but that email was well written and I don't think originated from someone who didn't know what they were talking.

Either ways, I am just stating what I was told. I just took it as an "excuse" to close off the ticket.
    May be I'll reply to that email and see what they say now.
    It's a red herring anyway.

For support, you clearly have to deal with Future Power in Hong Kong.

This is the problem with importing product from other jurisdictions.
    09-29-18 06:15 PM
    It's a red herring anyway.

For support, you clearly have to deal with Future Power in Hong Kong.

This is the problem with importing product from other jurisdictions.
    And how does one get in touch with them? Either BlackBerry Support App sucks (as it takes you to someone who doesn't "support" the device the software is on) or the people sitting on the English support team does not know how to compose what they write.

They should had a way to delegate requests coming from a device to the originating territory / region.
    Either ways, choice of word in "support" vs "manufactured" can't be accidental. Perhaps there's something they exposed we didn't know.

Anyhow, I don't know the company works. I have no way to get in touch with the Future Power or whoever it is. The Support App did register my phone for warranty, which was surprising if they don't support the device in the first place.

I'm glad the eBay seller has agreed to assist me. I'm now waiting for @RK_BB review before I send out my phone back.
    09-29-18 06:23 PM
    And how does one get in touch with them? Either BlackBerry Support App sucks (as it takes you to someone who doesn't "support" the device the software is on) or the people sitting on the English support team does not know how to compose what they write.

They should had a way to delegate requests coming from a device to the originating territory / region.
    Either ways, choice of word in "support" vs "manufactured" can't be accidental. Perhaps there's something they exposed we didn't know.

Anyhow, I don't know the company works. I have no way to get in touch with the Future Power or whoever it is. The Support App did register my phone for warranty, which was surprising if they don't support the device in the first place.

I'm glad the eBay seller has agreed to assist me. I'm now waiting for @RK_BB review before I send out my phone back.
    If you were in HK, and purchased through normal distribution channels, you wouldn't have to know any of those things.

Like I said, that is the inherent danger of importing product.

Maybe you should try and track down a retailer there.

As an aside, as I indicated above, Future Power is a dealer, not a mobile phone manufacturer.
    09-29-18 06:31 PM
36 12