Since few weeks my Key2 Phone app clears the favourite/frequent contact entries in first tab when the device is plugged in to a charger. I did disable/enable and clear cash and data of Phone application.
    05-24-19 04:07 PM
    Since few weeks my Key2 Phone app clears the favourite/frequent contact entries in first tab when the device is plugged in to a charger. I did disable/enable and clear cash and data of Phone application.
    My KEY2 has been doing the same... it will accumulate my favorite/frequent contacts in the phone app and then randomly delete them. I haven't paid attention to see if this occurs when I go on the charger. But I do know as I said they will randomly disappear for no apparent reason. This also started happening a few weeks ago... it most definitely was after I received the April OS update ABT974. Could be related?

Bob
    05-24-19 05:52 PM
    I have the same symptom. I think that it started a week or two ago. I haven't noticed whether it happens after a charge or randomly.
    05-25-19 02:53 AM
    For me it definitely after or when initiating the charge. I have tested and reproduced it numerous times. It happens 9 times out of 10. You can easily test it yourself. Put your phone app on screen while plugging in the charger.
    05-25-19 04:33 AM
    It's a bug? And here I thought it was a feature. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Many calls listed were NOT favorites or frequently called numbers so I was happy to see those deleted.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 05-25-19 at 08:27 AM.
    05-25-19 06:05 AM
    The phone app definitely needs work. My favourites are also getting wiped. Another peeve - why can't we delete calls from the log? We used to be able to do this when we deleted a call item from the Hub, and it was synchronized. Now it's stuck there permanently because the Hub log is nothing but a copied over notification and there is no direct connection to the phone app.
    05-25-19 07:11 AM
    The phone app definitely needs work. My favourites are also getting wiped. Another peeve - why can't we delete calls from the log? We used to be able to do this when we deleted a call item from the Hub, and it was synchronized. Now it's stuck there permanently because the Hub log is nothing but a copied over notification and there is no direct connection to the phone app.
    You can delete calls within Call History. To bad it can't be done in Hub though.
    05-25-19 08:35 AM
    You can delete calls within Call History. To bad it can't be done in Hub though.
    Sure, if you mean deleting the whole call history.

I am unable to select and delete individual call items on my Key2. Are you saying you can do this?
    05-25-19 08:39 AM

I am unable to select and delete individual call items on my Key2. Are you saying you can do this?
    I don't have any numbers in my call history right now. When I do I'll test it. I usually delete it all anyway.
    05-25-19 09:02 AM
    I don't have any numbers in my call history right now. When I do I'll test it. I usually delete it all anyway.
    Anyway just an FYI - it should be possible to long press on a call log item in the phone app, and delete it (one of the options). It isn't on a BlackBerry. When the Hub and phone app call log was integrated once upon a time, perhaps this made sense because when you deleted an item on the Hub, it also deleted it on the phone app.

Now it's just an annoying PITA. And before anyone "blames Google", we should be able to delete selective items in the call log. That's how it works on stock Android.
    05-25-19 09:08 AM
    Anyway just an FYI - it should be possible to long press on a call log item in the phone app, and delete it (one of the options). It isn't on a BlackBerry. When the Hub and phone app call log was integrated once upon a time, perhaps this made sense because when you deleted an item on the Hub, it also deleted it on the phone app.

Now it's just an annoying PITA. And before anyone "blames Google", we should be able to delete selective items in the call log. That's how it works on stock Android.
    Unfortunately the Hub is not part of Android, and if my memory serves me correctly it is Google's fault. There is a thread somewhere that announced that. Maybe @conite or @Bla1ze can point us to that announcement or just confirm it's a figment of my imagination.
    05-25-19 09:17 AM
    Unfortunately the Hub is not part of Android, and if my memory serves me correctly it is Google's fault. There is a thread somewhere that announced that. Maybe @conite or @Bla1ze can point us to that announcement or just confirm it's a figment of my imagination.
    I realize that about the Hub changes. But as for the phone app, I don't see any excuse for this now that call integration with the Hub is gone. The phone app is better as it is on stock Android. No reason to mess with it.
    05-25-19 09:32 AM
    I realize that about the Hub changes. But as for the phone app, I don't see any excuse for this now that call integration with the Hub is gone. The phone app is better as it is on stock Android. No reason to mess with it.
    You could go into Play store and install a different phone app and see if it's better. I tried one and didn't like it. I didn't look for another one.
    05-25-19 09:44 AM
    You could go into Play store and install a different phone app and see if it's better. I tried one and didn't like it. I didn't look for another one.
    As I said, you are supposed to be able to delete items on the *stock* Android phone app. Therefore this is a BlackBerry customization of the *stock* phone app - if it was their own app, they would not have lost access to the call log...so the question is why, and what benefit does this bring now that Hub integration has been lost?

Its a bug that needs to be addressed in the phone app, IMHO. And good luck installing a fully featured 3rd party dialer app without root...
    05-25-19 10:05 AM

Click the name, click call details, click trash can in top right.
    05-25-19 10:55 AM
    Click the name, click call details, click trash can in top right.
    Sorry, no such option for me. Can you post a screenshot?
    05-25-19 12:00 PM
    Sorry, no such option for me. Can you post a screenshot?
    Phone app deletes all favourite/frequently contacted everytime device is being charged-screenshot_20190525-144442.jpg
    Phone app deletes all favourite/frequently contacted everytime device is being charged-screenshot_20190525-144448.png
    05-25-19 12:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190525-144442.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	444554
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190525-144448.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	444555
    Ah, I see. Really buried in the menus! On the Pixel you could long press the item from the main list and delete direct from the drop down menu. Hopefully they will update this with Pie.

Thanks bla1ze!
    05-25-19 01:55 PM
    My KEY2 has been doing the same... it will accumulate my favorite/frequent contacts in the phone app and then randomly delete them. I haven't paid attention to see if this occurs when I go on the charger. But I do know as I said they will randomly disappear for no apparent reason. This also started happening a few weeks ago... it most definitely was after I received the April OS update ABT974. Could be related?

Bob
    Has happened to me too - I thought it was User Error (though weird, as quite a few disappeared, and I've never accidentally deleted any Favourites before).

Not sure if it was after the April patch or the May patch for me.
    05-26-19 11:38 AM

Not sure if it was after the April patch or the May patch for me.
    Since I have yet to receive the May update I'm thinking the April update has something to do with this as it wasn't happening prior to then.

Bob
    05-26-19 11:49 AM
    I have reported the bug to BB support, they asked for bug report which I provided. Can the other people affected also contact BB support with that issue? This could lead to a faster resolution I hope.
    05-27-19 05:41 AM
    I have this issue as well but I don't really care because I dislike the favourites tab.
    05-27-19 05:51 PM
    I followed advice from BB support and setup manually favourites - these are not cleared when charging the phone. So actually only the automatically populated(recently/frequently dialled) entries are deleted.
    05-28-19 12:05 AM
    I followed advice from BB support and setup manually favourites - these are not cleared when charging the phone. So actually only the automatically populated(recently/frequently dialled) entries are deleted.
    I feel like that's how it should have always worked. It is called "favorites" after all, so unless I favorite a contact I'd prefer to see nothing else there.
    05-28-19 12:36 AM
    @gloommerchant I can see some logic in this, but it should be so stated and you should be able to configure the period at which the clean up takes place. Not with every charge for sure.
    05-28-19 02:49 AM