I just got a Silver K2 and loving it. I got it at a great price but I really wanted the black version. Other then the price, one of the things that kept me from it was the fear of how it will wear. I've seen reports of the black peeling off etc.

Still thinking bout getting a black version (Maybe via trade). Can any Key2 owners speak to this ? Does it peel and wear bad?
    11-12-18 08:54 PM
    Black, doesn't peel for me but I take good care of my electronics; probably not the average user.
    11-12-18 09:12 PM
    I've not heard of any black peeling off on the back of the Black KEY2. I have a Black KEY2, however mine is safely tucked away in an OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case. I couldn't imagine taking my KEY2, or any smartphone, out in the wild without protection.

Bob
    the brother likes this.
    11-12-18 09:17 PM
    I couldn't imagine taking my KEY2, or any smartphone, out in the wild without protection.

Bob
    Ha ha, I do it daily! But I am extremely careful.
    11-12-18 10:10 PM
    Ha ha, I do it daily! But I am extremely careful.
    I love taking phones out naked. But for me, I only take older or second devices out naked.
    11-12-18 10:13 PM
    Launch device in black. Been rocking it naked. Still looks good as new
    11-13-18 02:44 AM
    Black since day 1, usually without case, dropped rarely but, unfortunately, sometimes.

Still looks good as new aside from barely-noticeable scuffs from legit naked-bad-angle drops on hard surfaces. Those cringey ones.

I saw the photos on this forum of one black device that had some crazy peeling, and I am sure it was a defective device and very rare. I bet it's the same one you saw, it was horrible and I would definitely be calling for warranty if mine did that. Not common.

I think you're in the clear re: wear and tear. Holds up.
    Byrese likes this.
    11-13-18 03:52 AM
    As soon as OEM's shifted to glass on the back, a case is instantly needed at all times.

If the KEY2 didn't have a protruding rear camera (what phone doesn't these days) or if the rubber texture protruded around it (the LE almost does that) then it would be an awesome phone to use without a case (but still with a screen protector since the screen isn't tucked in)
    11-13-18 03:54 AM
    I have absolutely battered my KEY2 (massive dent in the side by the keyboard as well) and really surprised how well the paint held up. Don't use a case ever.

Not a single side of my phone isn't damaged but at least you can drop they phone from height on numerous occasions and it keeps working flawlessly.
    rocker_man1 likes this.
    11-13-18 06:41 AM
    I have absolutely battered my KEY2 (massive dent in the side by the keyboard as well) and really surprised how well the paint held up. Don't use a case ever.

Not a single side of my phone isn't damaged but at least you can drop they phone from height on numerous occasions and it keeps working flawlessly.
    I guess kudos to the non-glass back
    AmritD likes this.
    11-13-18 07:14 AM
    I use the black Key 2 for almost 3 months , no wear or tear !
    Absolutely happy for my choice for the black version.
    11-13-18 09:45 PM
    This feedback is really helpful. I dunno, maybe it's because I had a Silver keyone and I wanted to try something different, but I just favor the black a bit more. If I have the opportunity maybe I'll get one. My device works fine though and I'm a bit scare all jinx it and get a bad one. first world problems. Lol
    11-13-18 09:52 PM
    Update: I finally got my hands on a black Key2. And I know colors are about personal choice but IMO the black version is WAY better looking. Don't get me wrong, the silver is nice but it's kinda loud. The black is subtle, smooth, and just really classy to me. I also got the official black soft she'll case to match. So happy I didn't settle and got what I really wanted.

Now let's hope for no peeling
    the_boon likes this.
    11-30-18 12:59 PM
    Unfortunately the silver model will peel off as well on the plastic part around the keyboard.
    11-30-18 05:57 PM
    Update: I finally got my hands on a black Key2. And I know colors are about personal choice but IMO the black version is WAY better looking. Don't get me wrong, the silver is nice but it's kinda loud. The black is subtle, smooth, and just really classy to me. I also got the official black soft she'll case to match. So happy I didn't settle and got what I really wanted.

Now let's hope for no peeling
    I agree... 👍 I have a Black KEY2 and I also have the OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case. When I see my KEY2 amongst other smartphones on desks, restaurant tables, at the gym, whether they are in a case or not, the Black KEY2 subtlety stands out.

Bob
    Byrese likes this.
    11-30-18 06:20 PM
    I agree... I have a Black KEY2 and I also have the OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case. When I see my KEY2 amongst other smartphones on desks, restaurant tables, at the gym, whether they are in a case or not, the Black KEY2 subtlety stands out.

Bob
    Someone today was like "a blackberry?!" when I went to Google pay something. "Didn't know they still made those.". Lol
    11-30-18 06:27 PM
    I "subtlety" observe people checking out my KEY2... especially at the gym when I am on the treadmill or spinning and my KEY2 is perched on screen of the equipment and I'm listening to my music. It's pretty entertaining watching people continuously glance at my KEY2... 😁

Bob
    Byrese and the_boon like this.
    11-30-18 06:36 PM
    The Vaderberry is ok. but don't fool yourselves, when folks see a PKB, they react, when those same people see a Silver Edition they react much stronger. Cheers,
    Byrese and the_boon like this.
    11-30-18 10:39 PM
    black edition is far superior looks wise. I was so happy they had the black edition when I bought my KEY2. it was my biggest gripe with my KEYone being silver.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-01-18 02:39 AM
    One of the things I love about BlackBerrys is no case needed I'm in construction and have the black one, I have only one small spot on a corner that shows any damage, heck I cracked the screen protector within a few days! My BlackBerrys get pretty mangled by the time I'm done with them, other than the Q10, they are always fully functional.
    12-01-18 04:10 AM
    I have the black Key² kept in the OEM softshell and mine looks as good now as it did when I first got it in early September. I had it naked for about 6 weeks before I got the case but I wouldn't dare risk it now. I sometimes take it out of the case to gaze at it's beauty but I find it easier to type with the shell on anyway.
    12-01-18 04:36 AM
    Silver pops more but has a slight tackiness about it IMO. It also looks a little bit too retro. But ff you wanna be shouty then go for it.

Black just looks classy and all business.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-01-18 09:34 AM
    Someone today was like "a blackberry?!" when I went to Google pay something. "Didn't know they still made those.". Lol
    LOL sometimes i like to confuse people by asking if they take blackberry pay. when they laugh and say no, i say lets try anyway
    12-01-18 09:37 AM
    The Vaderberry is ok. but don't fool yourselves, when folks see a PKB, they react, when those same people see a Silver Edition they react much stronger. Cheers,
    Not that hard to have people react when you have your Berry out and about since every other phone looks like a bland generic piece of glass
    Byrese and anon(10387168) like this.
    12-01-18 03:25 PM
    Silver pops more but has a slight tackiness about it IMO. It also looks a little bit too retro. But ff you wanna be shouty then go for it.

Black just looks classy and all business.
    Ya. The silver Keyone was mulch better to me
    12-01-18 03:36 PM
33 12