Against better judgement reading the many forum posts I broke down and bought a key2. Used the passport for many years and bought key1 to avoid the ATT shutdown then had to switch to T-Mobile anyhow and for the better for many reasons so went ahead and splurged once just to experience it before going to a slab one day. Sadly I wish I got a key2 3 years ago as it really was a great modern successor

So... it's a red edition BBF100-2 prd ends in 002 but it's security update is on May 2020. Shouldn't it have the Aug 2021 update and me be able to update OTA? I try and it says up to date. I researched hours and got nowhere. What am I missing?
    03-05-22 07:34 PM
    Against better judgement reading the many forum posts I broke down and bought a key2. Used the passport for many years and bought key1 to avoid the ATT shutdown then had to switch to T-Mobile anyhow and for the better for many reasons so went ahead and splurged once just to experience it before going to a slab one day. Sadly I wish I got a key2 3 years ago as it really was a great modern successor

So... it's a red edition BBF100-2 prd ends in 002 but it's security update is on May 2020. Shouldn't it have the Aug 2021 update and me be able to update OTA? I try and it says up to date. I researched hours and got nowhere. What am I missing?
    What OS does it have now? Type *#837837# into your phone dialer.
    03-05-22 08:36 PM
    Acq160. I typed that into the dialer to get the 002 prd-63825-002 os is 8.1

I've never autoloaded an android phone like I have BB10 and prefer not to if possible. I've seen the posts where you had the files to do so but my laptop is pushing 15 years old now and hasn't been connected to internet in years and that's option B if there isn't an obvious reason I didn't receive the Aug 21 OTA update.
    03-05-22 08:49 PM
    Acq160. I typed that into the dialer to get the 002 prd-63825-002 os is 8.1

I've never autoloaded an android phone like I have BB10 and prefer not to if possible. I've seen the posts where you had the files to do so but my laptop is pushing 15 years old now and hasn't been connected to internet in years and that's option B if there isn't an obvious reason I didn't receive the Aug 21 OTA update.
    The problem is that your device never got ACQ160, and as a consequence, will never update beyond that OTA.

You have no choice but to run an autoloader.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1191609/
    03-06-22 12:08 AM
    Well that's slightly unfortunate but can live with. Thanks for the response.

So I'm taking that to mean my device is compatible without losing Google certifications like a 100-6 device or other, I just have to do it manually because someone installed ACQ160 manually at some point?

Also, is there a thread on autoloading an android device step by step to make sure I get it right? I vaguely remember the steps for BB10 but haven't found it searching for android or not using the right key words to find a thread.

Also looks like I have to do the same for the modem to get Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile as well while I'm at it.
    Last edited by ksbb10; 03-06-22 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Adding information
    03-06-22 09:29 AM
    Well that's slightly unfortunate but can live with. Thanks for the response.

So I'm taking that to mean my device is compatible without losing Google certifications like a 100-6 device or other, I just have to do it manually because someone installed ACQ160 manually at some point?

Also, is there a thread on autoloading an android device step by step to make sure I get it right? I vaguely remember the steps for BB10 but haven't found it searching for android or not using the right key words to find a thread.

Also looks like I have to do the same for the modem to get Wi-Fi calling on T-Mobile as well while I'm at it.
    All correct.

But just follow the instructions in the first post of the linked thread.
    03-06-22 09:35 AM
    Can do. Thanks again for all the clarification!
    03-06-22 09:40 AM