Moving from a Passport to my new Key2! so far so good, but for the life of me I cannot integrate my contacts and calendar from Outlook, (which is all used on desktop) to sync to my new BBK2. I admit, i'm new to Android, but had hoped this would be as simple as previous BB10 phones.
    Last edited by Schaft; 07-13-18 at 11:30 PM.
    07-13-18 06:27 PM
    You added outlook via the hub yes? Go to hub settings, outlook, scroll down and be sure to check calendar, contacts, etc to add to the phone.
    07-13-18 07:33 PM
    I've tried many times to add an exchange account, but it always brings a warning that it cannot connect to server. i can add POP or IMAP, but of course no contacts or calendar sync through those.
    07-13-18 11:46 PM
    I've found outlook.com to be uncooperative with the HUB. Of two outlook.com accounts, one can be added to the HUB without any issues. The second account cannot be added regardless of whether it is setup as EAS, IMAP, or POP3. The same "bad" account can be added as IMAP via the GMAIL app, but EAS is not possible. I had to workaround to get my Contacts synched ... and had to manually re-enter everything into my Calendar.

I think it's a HUB v outlook.com issue.
    07-14-18 12:37 AM
    I had a feeling that might be the case. I was able to set it up as POP3 and IMAP easily enough. I recall when BB10 came out Outlook no longer synced directly (wired) with BB, so i had to create an outlook.com account to sync everything. Now I'm wondering if that business functionality is completely lost? I guess it's time to shelf the Key2 until I can find a work-around. Happy to have my passport still functional, that phone is the best I've ever had!
    07-14-18 11:35 AM
    I'm curious, has anyone who is running an Android BB found a work-around for this issue? I certainly can't be the only person who runs Outlook for work and requires contacts and calendar to sync with their phone...
    07-14-18 06:29 PM
    CONTACTS: I synced the BADoutlook account with the GOODoutlook account .... The GOODoutlook account is setup as EAS, so that brought my Contacts over to the KEY2.

CALENDAR: No solution that I could find .... I had to manually re-enter everything.
    07-15-18 03:09 AM
    is the exchange server run by your company? is there an IT security policy against your device?
    are you required by policy to access email through a specific application or with a specific MDM tool / security certificate installed?
    07-15-18 03:17 AM
    I had the same issue with Exchange, it took a few restarts of the K2 to finally take the exchange settings. No issue on my Motion or previous K1.
    07-15-18 06:01 AM
    I've tried many times to add an exchange account, but it always brings a warning that it cannot connect to server. i can add POP or IMAP, but of course no contacts or calendar sync through those.
    Try setting up the Outlook.com account manually. In Hub, "Account +" then enter the outlook.com email address, "MANUAL SETUP" (not NEXT>) select "MICROSOFT EXCHANGE ACTIVESYNC" enter password. Try m.outlook.com for "Server" and tap NEXT>
    tazcubed likes this.
    07-15-18 07:25 AM
    Thanks for your help everyone! I've found a solution. I utilized the Outlook app and added my outlook.com account. inside that app, if you hit "settings", then click on the outlook.com account, a menu pops up to sync contacts. The calendar proved to be a bit trickier. First, i subscribed to my google calendar in outlook, (just to see the account). Then i utilized microsoft flow, https://canada.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/ and searched for "outlook.com to google calendar". Pretty easy from there, just set up a "flow" to create an appointment in google calendar when you make an appointment in outlook. test it out and you can see in your subscription that it arrives, (after a couple minutes) in your google calendar. now i have it on the native google calendar on the Key 2!
    07-16-18 12:44 AM