Apparently some people using our in-office email provider which is Exchange-server based cannot reply to messages I send them using the hub on Key2. So they told me I need to start using the Outlook app for company mail. I'm happy with the hub but I have to give it a try.

So I downloaded the app but I can't find any settings that will allow me to keep my mail on the Exchange Server. Does anyone use this app and know where that setting might be? I tried to google it but can't seem to find any info on it. If the app is going to delete mail from the server then it's not going to work for me.

Thanks!
    07-11-19 02:55 PM
    If you use exchange or IMAP that always keep message on the server. Until you order to delete it. (Even so, the data still on server)
    07-11-19 03:09 PM
    Agreed.

The whole point of Exchange (EAS) and IMAP is so that any email client logging into that account sees the same emails. Once you've read it on any one device, it shows as read on all other devices that see that account. It does not delete it.

Unless you specifically tell it to delete it.

The only difference between Exchange and IMAP is that Exchange also syncs your calendar, contacts and tasks.

The thing you're talking about with emails getting deleted when read is the old POP3 account types. POP3 accounts did have a setting to leave read emails on the server. But, since neither Exchange or IMAP accounts do that, there is no such setting.

Not sure what the issue is with others not able to respond to emails sent from the Hub. I have the Hub on my Galaxy S9 and the office email using Office365, using desktop Outlook on the work PCs. I have no issues with responding or others responding to me from emails sent from my phone.

Although it could be how the in-office server is configured. We used to have an in-office Exchange server, and it worked fine with my Z10 when I had it. But they changed to Office365 about 4 years ago.
    Last edited by joeldf; 07-12-19 at 10:18 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-19 03:25 PM
    Apparently some people using our in-office email provider which is Exchange-server based cannot reply to messages I send them using the hub on Key2. So they told me I need to start using the Outlook app for company mail. I'm happy with the hub but I have to give it a try.

So I downloaded the app but I can't find any settings that will allow me to keep my mail on the Exchange Server. Does anyone use this app and know where that setting might be? I tried to google it but can't seem to find any info on it. If the app is going to delete mail from the server then it's not going to work for me.

Thanks!
    Now when you say, they can't reply, is the reply option disabled? If that's the case, then you need to ask your IT department for an authentication certificate (CA cert) which basically tells the server it is an authentic mail and the message is safe to reply. It's in hub settings, manage accounts-- your exchange account -- scroll all the way to bottom -- server settings Outlook App for KEY2 - can I tell it to keep mail on Exchange Server-notable-00023.jpeg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-12-19 12:44 PM
    Now when you say, they can't reply, is the reply option disabled? If that's the case, then you need to ask your IT department for an authentication certificate (CA cert) which basically tells the server it is an authentic mail and the message is safe to reply. It's in hub settings, manage accounts-- your exchange account -- scroll all the way to bottom -- server settings Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00023.jpeg 
Views:	19 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	445225
    Thanks to everyone who answered above. I am always afraid to delete stuff and have it disappear from the server.

sachmath - apparenty when emails come from my K2 to our in-house email client (Goldmine), you can click on "reply" but cannot type any text into the reply. Our IT person looked at some html code in the messages and found one line that reads "false"; when she changed it to "true" she could reply to the message. I also found that unchecking the "rich text box" in our email client, before trying to type in a reply, would work. but I guess that was too much work for my staffers to go through. <eyeroll> I will mention the certificate option above to IT and see what they say. It was BB support that suggested using the Outlook app. It's working fine but now I have to look at two separate email apps every day.
    07-15-19 05:26 PM